U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Why do pro illegal people ignore the laws?
They think the laws aren't fair 18 51.43%
They don't care about being lawful 3 8.57%
They have a mental illness 3 8.57%
They want to see the US destroyed 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Irrelevant.
if you think so...

Quote:
Except those who support illegal immigration. They truly, truly, really understand the illegal aliens and the illegal immigration issue. I mean, we all know that illegals would starve to death if not for illegally immigrating, and if we send them home, lettuce will cost $10 a head. Leave my salad alone!
maybe the reason they support illegal immigration is because they understand the situation. theres a concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Reputation: 559
The way things have been going with illegal immigrants (not LEGAL ones), they do NOT have any loyalty to America, they come and go across the border, send their money home, and parade around with Mexican flags in our faces.

They do not want to be Americans - they are just coming for the opportunities of work and benefits that we provide. In fact, many hate us, though we give them everything we can with our tax money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
My question to all of those anti-illegal hardliners is:

How could anti-illegal people ignore the laws for a such a long time up til now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
My question to all of those anti-illegal hardliners is:

How could anti-illegal people ignore the laws for a such a long time up til now?

I've been fighting against illegal immigration for maybe 10 years, but many people did not know how big the problem is until more recently. The best thing the illegals did for the anti-illegal citizens is marching in those parades with Mexican flags. It made more and more people aware of how many illegals there are, and what their attitude is.

Most people are just catching up, like anything else that happens in a large country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
My question to all of those anti-illegal hardliners is:

How could anti-illegal people ignore the laws for a such a long time up til now?
Huh? Would you rephrase the question, please?

I'm anti-illegal, and I don't ignore any laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I've been fighting against illegal immigration for maybe 10 years, but many people did not know how big the problem is until more recently. The best thing the illegals did for the anti-illegal citizens is marching in those parades with Mexican flags. It made more and more people aware of how many illegals there are, and what their attitude is.

Most people are just catching up, like anything else that happens in a large country.
Silly, generalizations of a few illegals, it doesn't represent mexicans as a whole. How easily America is mislead.

I still think it is pretty convenient this illegal thing as become such a main event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
The way things have been going with illegal immigrants (not LEGAL ones), they do NOT have any loyalty to America, they come and go across the border, send their money home, and parade around with Mexican flags in our faces.

They do not want to be Americans - they are just coming for the opportunities of work and benefits that we provide. In fact, many hate us, though we give them everything we can with our tax money.
who is "they"? surely youre not generalizing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
if you think so...
I know so. Bush's approval rating is tied directly to the Iraq debacle. Opinion on illegal immigration is unrelated to Iraq (or Bush).



Quote:
maybe the reason they support illegal immigration is because they understand the situation. theres a concept.
So, you think lettuce will cost $10 a head? You believe illegal immigrants are starving in their home countries?

Maybe bleeding-hearts support illegals because they feel rather than think. Emotion over reason. Sadly, there's a phenomenon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Huh? Would you rephrase the question, please?

I'm anti-illegal, and I don't ignore any laws.
"How could anti-illegal people ignore the laws for a such a long time up til now?"

The laws were ignored for a long time, very little resistance was shown even with the war on drugs. Then 9/11 came, the housing market crashed, the president is an idiot war mongering fool and OH Yeah Mexicans are here!!! Blame blame blame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
who is "they"?
"Illegal," "Mexican" and "Mexican flags" should have been clues.

(Who are they. "They" is plural.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top