Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do pro illegal people ignore the laws?
They think the laws aren't fair 18 51.43%
They don't care about being lawful 3 8.57%
They have a mental illness 3 8.57%
They want to see the US destroyed 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,412 times

Advertisements

I would have voted but you didnt include the biggest reason this goes on...

Because judges and the White House dont enforce the laws...
Pro-illiegals are just doing what they are being allowed to do.

AND WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER THIS WHEN WE VOTE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 03:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
A law is only as effective as its enforcement.. Just like gun laws we have hundreds if not more on the books. Writing more while not enforcing them is a waste of time.
The Immigration laws as compared to other nations are more than fair. The issue isn't bad laws but very weak enforcement and follow through by the authorities.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:22 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,412 times
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart
It is just an example. However, I do find this forum to be particularly extreme anti-illegal. I wish it were more moderate.

May I ask what did you think of the protest in Ca. Pro-illegal screaming racial slurs at police officers and waving their flags and people faces .Did you not find that just a little extreme?

Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart
It is just an example. However, I do find this forum to be particularly extreme anti-illegal. I wish it were more moderate.

May I ask what did you think of the protest in Ca. Pro-illegal screaming racial slurs at police officers and waving their flags and people faces .Did you not find that just a little extreme?
Oh you guys who like to split hairs. They were the victims. Its not racists or unreasonable when its the victims of our oppressive militant and racist government.
I agree with you bliss. Hold them to the same standards.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I can't say that I have found this. Most discussion on this topic is simply aimed at the illegal aliens themselves. I hear more cries of "DEPORT" than "LOCK THAT BUSINESS UP". Who do Raids and Racial Profiling target? I have yet to see a business owner being reprimanded as a result of a raid. However, I have sure read a lot of anti-mexican sentiment here.
No you are just reading alot of anti-illegal here.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
No you are just reading alot of anti-illegal here.
Ditto.

The overall 'vibe' in this board is anti illegal immigrant.

Yes; we occasionally do have a racist (of any race/ethnicity) who gets the boot in short order from a Moderator here.

Actually; the biggest racists here are those 'La Raza/MEChA' idiots------never mind that most of them due to the White Supremacy of Hispanic culture downplay their American Indian roots.

Hypocrites

Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times

This is a radio station in the Bay Area. They're not racist or anything they just play Latino music.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Its kind of hard to hold businesses accountable when some states have actually made it illegal for them to even ask the immigrants status.
But speaking of businesses. I have heard many pro illegals talk about the big corporations who hire so many illegals but have yet to hear the names of said business or corps.
I would like to know so that I can boycott their products.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its kind of hard to hold businesses accountable when some states have actually made it illegal for them to even ask the immigrants status.
But speaking of businesses. I have heard many pro illegals talk about the big corporations who hire so many illegals but have yet to hear the names of said business or corps.
I would like to know so that I can boycott their products.
If you want to boycott heres a list
  • Don't eat any more fruits/vegetables
  • Don't go to Walmart or any other low cost superstore
  • Don't eat at McDonalds or any other major fast food restraunt
  • Don't buy a new house
  • Don't eat at restaurants like Denny's

Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I see the big picture, but I don't blame illegals for everything. You don't think there is a reason this government did not enforce the aforementioned laws?
Greed. Money. Lack of compassion for the middle class, the people who are really affected by it. It's easy to sit in your multi million dollar home and reap the benefits from taking advantage of paying an illegal immigrant $3 and hour and threaten him/her with deportation if they ask for more money, meanwhile not giving a crap about the middle class American who's job was stolen because as a big business owner or Government employee you know your job is perfectly safe. Scumbag business owners and politicians silently fight for illegal migrant workers because they're getting rich off them. Did I miss anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration