Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
From 1980 to the present there has been in this country a right wing ideology worship which I equate to the insane worship of Nazism that took over Germany and Germans prior to and during The Third Reich. People without much of an education jumped on the bandwagon of right wing ideology, and even some Democrats joined in the worship of right wing concepts, which are nothing but a worship of the wealthy and powerful.
That's over the top and you know that. IF you wanna drag the Nazis in; how about rounding up ANY illegal alien and killing them. Sheesh! We all know that ain't happening and there's even talk of amnesty for those lawbreakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,702,768 times
Everybody please calm down. Learn to agree to disagree and stop getting so riled up. The angrier you are the less on topic you post.
Yac.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,710,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Of course you dont because you hire illegals and boast about it. You attempt to deflect by talking about jobs lost and yet you hire illegals. You avoid discussing how much of this jobs exodus happened under Bill Clinton and only blame republicans. How vain or blind is that?
You pass laws that make doing business easier and more profitable to do overseas dont complain when it happens. Most Indep. Thinkers were and are against NAFTA. Most of us want our trade policies to mirror those of our trading partners. What have your Dems done to do this besides lip service?
You don't want to hear 1 word from who?
This is America freedom of speech. If you dont like the post, or the poster kindly use the ignore button or avoid the thread.
You have hijacked this thread enough already.
Oh I see. If I don't agree with the post, I need to shut up? Only those who agree need respond? That's a fascinating idea, but more fitting with Naziism.

As for ME hiring illegals - I don't have a business, so I have no cause to hire anyone. Here's an FYI for you, I would not hire illegals unless I could find ZERO Americans that could do a job. Let me give you an excellent example:

IF I needed an au pair that spoke Spanish (Spanish being MY native language), or I needed a caregiver or babysitter who spoke Spanish for my parents, and I could find no citizens or residents who spoke the language, THEN I would hire an illegal. It's really aggravating to me that foreign languages are frowned upon by right wingers. I remember when I was in high school in Lakeland, right wingers were doing their level best to do away with the humanities and foreign languages taught there because they considered these "useless."

In any case, if this is America, and there is (as you allege) freedom of speech, you're going to have to stand down and listen while others express opinions not only completely contrary to your own, but opinions that make you very upset. As for hijacking, there is no hijacking of this thread in stating that Republicans have pulled the entire illegal immigration bs only to CONCEAL what actually has trashed our country's economy and made jobs disappear. You don't like me saying that? Too bad, so sad.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh I see. If I don't agree with the post, I need to shut up? Only those who agree need respond? That's a fascinating idea, but more fitting with Naziism.

As for ME hiring illegals - I don't have a business, so I have no cause to hire anyone. Here's an FYI for you, I would not hire illegals unless I could find ZERO Americans that could do a job. Let me give you an excellent example:

IF I needed an au pair that spoke Spanish (Spanish being MY native language), or I needed a caregiver or babysitter who spoke Spanish for my parents, and I could find no citizens or residents who spoke the language, THEN I would hire an illegal. It's really aggravating to me that foreign languages are frowned upon by right wingers. I remember when I was in high school in Lakeland, right wingers were doing their level best to do away with the humanities and foreign languages taught there because they considered these "useless."

In any case, if this is America, and there is (as you allege) freedom of speech, you're going to have to stand down and listen while others express opinions not only completely contrary to your own, but opinions that make you very upset. As for hijacking, there is no hijacking of this thread in stating that Republicans have pulled the entire illegal immigration bs only to CONCEAL what actually has trashed our country's economy and made jobs disappear. You don't like me saying that? Too bad, so sad.
You're in the US; please follow OUR rules unless you wanna face the the chance of being picked up by the cops.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,710,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You're in the US; please follow OUR rules unless you wanna face the the chance of being picked up by the cops.
What are you talking about? And I was under the impression that gun owners felt that cops were their enemies, as they are armed?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,275,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Have I said this?
No, that's why I was asking.

Quote:
NO.
Well, good. Because it's crazy talk from a madwoman.

Quote:
What I do believe is that when you reward unwanted behavior it only invites more of the same.
What behaviour is that? It's their status that makes them criminals, not their actions. And don't you want people to sweep your floors and pick your fruit for starvation wages so you can buy cheap crap?

If the mere existence of illegal aliens bothers you but they aren't actually doing anything wrong, give them their damned green cards or whatever already. They'll be doing exactly what they were doing yesterday, they'll no longer be illegal so you'll no longer be upset. Everyone wins.

Or, remove the reason they immigrate in the first place and fine businesses that hire them such that it's worth their while to not break the law. I don't understand why so many people look down on those who are willing to work cheap and "steal jobs" when the real culprits are those who won't pay what a person's time and effort is worth if it affects their profits and who give illegal immigrants these jobs.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 AM

62,645 posts, read 28,822,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, that's why I was asking.

Well, good. Because it's crazy talk from a madwoman.

What behaviour is that? It's their status that makes them criminals, not their actions. And don't you want people to sweep your floors and pick your fruit for starvation wages so you can buy cheap crap?

If the mere existence of illegal aliens bothers you but they aren't actually doing anything wrong, give them their damned green cards or whatever already. They'll be doing exactly what they were doing yesterday, they'll no longer be illegal so you'll no longer be upset. Everyone wins.

Or, remove the reason they immigrate in the first place and fine businesses that hire them such that it's worth their while to not break the law. I don't understand why so many people look down on those who are willing to work cheap and "steal jobs" when the real culprits are those who won't pay what a person's time and effort is worth if it affects their profits and who give illegal immigrants these jobs.
Their behavior of violating our immigration laws, that's what! No, I don't want illegals doing any jobs in this country. Those jobs should go to citizens or legal immigrants. So you think it is ok to break the law by hiring illegals at starvation wages, screw an American out of a job just so one can increase their profits and by cheap crap? If you think that those who employ them are passing any savings on to we the consumer in the form of cheap crap then you need a reality check. When adding in our higher taxes covering the social costs of illegals that so-called cheap crap isn't so cheap afterall.

They aren't doing anything wrong? How about first starting with violating our immigration laws, taking a job from an American, committing felony ID theft and increasing our taxes? We have quotas for legal immigration already and for good reasons. Making them legal negates that sane policy as we don't need these people. They are a burden to us and would continue to be so if legalized. We need the jobs back that they are holding. As for picking crops only 3% of illegals are doing that and the other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done and still need now. Even for crop picking there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so you were saying?

I agree that the employers need to be held accountable but the illegals themselves are equally guilty. They know they have no right to live or work here. Did they get dragged kicking and screaming across the border and force to work here? Why are you giving them a pass?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Their behavior of violating our immigration laws, that's what! No, I don't want illegals doing any jobs in this country. Those jobs should go to citizens or legal immigrants. So you think it is ok to break the law by hiring illegals at starvation wages, screw an American out of a job just so one can increase their profits and by cheap crap?
No, I don't think that at all. I've said several times that the problem is not people who want to work, but the people who want cheap labour.

Quote:
If you think that those who employ them are passing any savings on to we the consumer in the form of cheap crap then you need a reality check.
I don't need a reality check. I'm paid a sub-entry level salary by a man who claims the company can't afford to pay me what I'm worth, then shows up the next week in a fully loaded Porsche SUV. Never, ever, ever think anything any business does is for anyone's sake but those who stand to profit from that business' success.

Quote:
They aren't doing anything wrong?
Not in terms of committing an act, no.

Quote:
How about first starting with violating our immigration laws,
Having an illegal status is not the same as committing an illegal act. Change the laws, these people will no longer be criminals.

Quote:
taking a job from an American,
I've told you: nobody takes jobs. People are hired by employers. If you don't like it, have a chat with the guy who's hiring illegal immigrants.

Quote:
committing felony ID theft and increasing our taxes?
Identity theft is a crime no matter who commits it. Not an immigration issue. You could always see to it that the motive for such a crime is removed by granting citizenship if it's that important to you. Again, like cracking down on criminals who hire illegal immigrants, removing the motive is key.

Quote:
We have quotas for legal immigration already and for good reasons. Making them legal negates that sane policy as we don't need these people.
Some say you do. To compete in the global marketplace. I disagree. If you disagree as well, take it up with them.

Quote:
They are a burden to us and would continue to be so if legalized. We need the jobs back that they are holding.
I agree. Criminals who hire illegal aliens because they don't want to pay reasonable wages are a problem. You should do something about it.

Quote:
As for picking crops only 3% of illegals are doing that and the other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done and still need now. Even for crop picking there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so you were saying?
Whatever. Pick another job employers don't want to pay people a living wage to do if you have a bee in your bonnet over the fruit-picking industry.

Quote:
I agree that the employers need to be held accountable but the illegals themselves are equally guilty.
No, they're not equally guilty. I'm sure they'd be quite cool with becoming taxpaying, law abiding citizens tomorrow. I don't think their employers are quite so eager to stop hiring people they can frighten into working for peanuts. The people hiring them want to commit a crime.

Quote:
They know they have no right to live or work here. Did they get dragged kicking and screaming across the border and force to work here? Why are you giving them a pass?
Because I don't understand the animosity towards people who are willing to work for so little money when it should be directed at the people (Americans, like you) who are willing to commit a crime so they can screw people out of what they earn. Cheap business-owning bastards are your problem, not the people in such dire straits that what they have to look forward to is better than what they are leaving behind.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 AM

62,645 posts, read 28,822,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, I don't think that at all. I've said several times that the problem is not people who want to work, but the people who want cheap labour.

I don't need a reality check. I'm paid a sub-entry level salary by a man who claims the company can't afford to pay me what I'm worth, then shows up the next week in a fully loaded Porsche SUV. Never, ever, ever think anything any business does is for anyone's sake but those who stand to profit from that business' success.

Not in terms of committing an act, no.

Having an illegal status is not the same as committing an illegal act. Change the laws, these people will no longer be criminals.

I've told you: nobody takes jobs. People are hired by employers. If you don't like it, have a chat with the guy who's hiring illegal immigrants.

Identity theft is a crime no matter who commits it. Not an immigration issue. You could always see to it that the motive for such a crime is removed by granting citizenship if it's that important to you. Again, like cracking down on criminals who hire illegal immigrants, removing the motive is key.

Some say you do. To compete in the global marketplace. I disagree. If you disagree as well, take it up with them.

I agree. Criminals who hire illegal aliens because they don't want to pay reasonable wages are a problem. You should do something about it.

Whatever. Pick another job employers don't want to pay people a living wage to do if you have a bee in your bonnet over the fruit-picking industry.

No, they're not equally guilty. I'm sure they'd be quite cool with becoming taxpaying, law abiding citizens tomorrow. I don't think their employers are quite so eager to stop hiring people they can frighten into working for peanuts. The people hiring them want to commit a crime.

Because I don't understand the animosity towards people who are willing to work for so little money when it should be directed at the people (Americans, like you) who are willing to commit a crime so they can screw people out of what they earn. Cheap business-owning bastards are your problem, not the people in such dire straits that what they have to look forward to is better than what they are leaving behind.
This will be my last reply to you. Are you kidding me? We have immigration laws. They have violated them pure and simple. What part of that aren't you getting? I also said legalizing them negates our sane legal immigration QUOTAS. We don't need these people. We need the jobs they are holding. As I said, BOTH the employers and the illegals are equally guilty. Again, why are you giving illegals a pass on this? So, I guess as an analogy only the bank robber is guilty but not the guy driving the get-a-way car?

U.S. citizens go to prison and legal immigrants are deported for committing felony ID theft. Illegals are just going to get a pass on it with this proposed legislation. See the difference????????

The animosity is because they entered our country illegally and took a job they aren't entitled to and reduced American wages by doing so. Not to mention their social costs that we have had to bear the brunt of. Why in the world would you think we should embrace them for that?

As I said, both the employers AND the illegals are equally guilty and you know it but refuse to admit it. Have a nice life. I am so done reading this anti-American, anti-laws BS!

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-22-2013 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This will be my last reply to you.
Woe is me.

Quote:
you know it but refuse to admit it
It's always mildly entertaining when right-wingers pretend other people don't really think they're wrong. Ah well. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration