U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:45 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, that's why I was asking.

Well, good. Because it's crazy talk from a madwoman.

What behaviour is that? It's their status that makes them criminals, not their actions. And don't you want people to sweep your floors and pick your fruit for starvation wages so you can buy cheap crap?

If the mere existence of illegal aliens bothers you but they aren't actually doing anything wrong, give them their damned green cards or whatever already. They'll be doing exactly what they were doing yesterday, they'll no longer be illegal so you'll no longer be upset. Everyone wins.

Or, remove the reason they immigrate in the first place and fine businesses that hire them such that it's worth their while to not break the law. I don't understand why so many people look down on those who are willing to work cheap and "steal jobs" when the real culprits are those who won't pay what a person's time and effort is worth if it affects their profits and who give illegal immigrants these jobs.
You people? Who is you people?
I never hired an illegal in my life nor would I.
Their actions. Here illegally. Crime.
Working without a permit. Crime
Using a false or fraudulent ID. Crime
Driving without a license. Crime
Driving without insurance . Crime
Tax evasion/ fraud. Crime.
We don't owe them a green card. My wife is a legal immigrant now citizen. Let these illegals apply the way all legals have had to do. Let them follow the exact same path. Let them wait the same as my step daughter is forced to wait.
The only winner if this bill becomes law are those who violated our laws to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh I see. If I don't agree with the post, I need to shut up? Only those who agree need respond? That's a fascinating idea, but more fitting with Naziism.

As for ME hiring illegals - I don't have a business, so I have no cause to hire anyone. Here's an FYI for you, I would not hire illegals unless I could find ZERO Americans that could do a job. Let me give you an excellent example:

IF I needed an au pair that spoke Spanish (Spanish being MY native language), or I needed a caregiver or babysitter who spoke Spanish for my parents, and I could find no citizens or residents who spoke the language, THEN I would hire an illegal. It's really aggravating to me that foreign languages are frowned upon by right wingers. I remember when I was in high school in Lakeland, right wingers were doing their level best to do away with the humanities and foreign languages taught there because they considered these "useless."

In any case, if this is America, and there is (as you allege) freedom of speech, you're going to have to stand down and listen while others express opinions not only completely contrary to your own, but opinions that make you very upset. As for hijacking, there is no hijacking of this thread in stating that Republicans have pulled the entire illegal immigration bs only to CONCEAL what actually has trashed our country's economy and made jobs disappear. You don't like me saying that? Too bad, so sad.
Which right wingers oppose being bilingual?
I speak 3 language. Well 2 very well and 1 enough to make my point.
What most people I know oppose is the idea of setting up a system that caters to spanish speakers.
When my wife took her drivers test spanish speakers were allowed to have a translator help them on the test.
My wife is Thai. When I asked if she could also use a translator I was told no. The system only recognized spanish speakers. PA drivers test.
As for freedom of speech. Start a thread where your rant of hatred towards 1 party belongs.
This thread is about Buachmann and amnesty not about the GOP, the Dems or the Tea party.
You seek to blame 1 party when clearly both major parties had their dirty hands in the mess. It is your right to take a narrow minded view, but this forum is about illegal Immigration and the very real issues surrounding illegal immigration.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:12 PM

31,515 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Fat chance that in this country one can't find a native Spanish speaker who is here legally or is a citizen of this country to hire.

If one wants to learn Spanish or any other language that is their proagative. It is however, useless to most Americans unless they are in the tourist industry. Even the language of business is English across the world.

Most so-called "right wingers" do not object to bi-lingilism by choice. Expecting foreigners who move here to assimilate to English is not a negative thing but a positive one. That doesn't mean they have to stop speaking their native languages entirely. But the spin goes on about the right from the liberal left and ethnocentrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration