Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You need to read the topics in the sub-forums of New York of NYC & Long Island. The Tradesman that make excellent money are Union, but they are limited to union jobs and thus have to go where union employees are hired (which is not Staten Island). If you go to many of the work sites, the pickups have out of state plates. To get to a Staten Island worksite you must have a vehicle (usually a car/truck).
Yes, thanks to huge and growing welfare handout programs. Kind of pathetic that already one out of seven Americans are mooching off food stamps --- apparently completely unwilling to take any jobs, while the liberals insist that we bring in millions of cheap foreign workers -- most who also need food stamps and Medicaid in order to survive our high costs of living.

This is not sustainable. It's time to cut the welfare handouts, get some kind of work ethic back. We cannot keep putting more millions of Americans on welfare handouts and keep bringing in milllions of cheap workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 07:27 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, thanks to huge and growing welfare handout programs. Kind of pathetic that already one out of seven Americans are mooching off food stamps --- apparently completely unwilling to take any jobs, while the liberals insist that we bring in millions of cheap foreign workers -- most who also need food stamps and Medicaid in order to survive our high costs of living.

This is not sustainable. It's time to cut the welfare handouts, get some kind of work ethic back. We cannot keep putting more millions of Americans on welfare handouts and keep bringing in milllions of cheap workers.
While I agree there are some lazy moocher Americans one cannot deny that illegals have taken jobs from Americans by being willing to work for less. If they hadn't come here in the first place the greedy employers would not have been able to avail themselves of these cheap, illegal workers.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
What bachmann thinks is no more relevant to me than the corn on the feet of some elderly school teacher in some remote region of Nigeria.

Amnesty would mean the end of REPUBLICANS. This would propel this country forward.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What bachmann thinks is no more relevant to me than the corn on the feet of some elderly school teacher in some remote region of Nigeria.

Amnesty would mean the end of REPUBLICANS. This would propel this country forward.
In other words your hatred for republicans trumps right from wrong, trumps the needs of the many victims of illegal immigration and trumps the needs of all those legal immigrants waiting in line.
Some might say that would be a very small minded view. Really no different than any other bigot.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:23 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:

No it would it will reduce America to a 3rd world slum.

How did you think importing millions of marxist voters from failing nations would help this nation?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In other words your hatred for republicans trumps right from wrong, trumps the needs of the many victims of illegal immigration and trumps the needs of all those legal immigrants waiting in line.
Some might say that would be a very small minded view. Really no different than any other bigot.
Who says I have a "hatred" for Pubs?
Who are the "victims" of illegal immigration?
What are these needs you speak of involving legal immigrants?
Some with a small mind might criticize the view. The most enlightened among us will agree.
Bigots have no equal. Shame on you for thinking otherwise.

I think that immigrants, illegal or not, would prove more beneficial to the well-being of this country than bigots, conservatives, and republicans ever have. You can disagree. I support amnesty.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Some with a small mind might criticize the view. The most enlightened among us will agree.

I think that immigrants, illegal or not, would prove more beneficial to the well-being of this country than bigots, conservatives, and republicans ever have. You can disagree. I support amnesty.
Who are the victims? Oh i dont know. The thousands that have had their ID stolen and misused resulting in untold hardships.
The thousands of victims of violent crimes. Our prisons are filled with them, but not all were caught.

Legal immigrants wait years, 7 years in regards to my own step daughter. This immigration reform as it is called does little to address what is actually broken. Its priority is pathway to citizenship for the criminals.
Yes I criticize this attempt at amnesty and I criticize trying to use legal immigrants as a shield for what its true intent is. This bill does very little to help those who respect and obey our laws. It is a porkster of waste and a reward for criminal behavior.
In your own post you said:
In short your motivated by what it might do to one party and you obviously don't care that it is a bad bill as long as you perceive that it might hurt the Rep. party.
If you understood what was wrong with immigration you would see that this bill fails to address what is actually wrong.
By the way shame on you for not seeing or caring about the thousands of victims. People forced from their livelihoods, victims of crimes, tax payers are victims as well as we pay billions every year to support the illegals in various ways. Now you would seek to reward their crimes. Shame on you. Is this what you would teach your children? Cheat to win? Break laws as long as it benefits you to do so?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:21 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Well stated, tinman. I am still trying to figure out how amnesty would end the Republican party unless this person is salivating over the fact that if they eventually become citizens they will vote Democrat. It appears as you said that their hatred of conservatives trumps the well being of our own citizens, legal immigrants and the rule of law. Indeed, shameful!

Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:

Well; I guess I'm a "bigot" then since I DON'T like illegal aliens and def want them deported for ANY reason. Even Irish people if here illegally and I'm of Irish family.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sad but she is right.
Bachmann is a drama queen par excellence. What a nutjob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration