U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,166,415 times
Reputation: 23168

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It didn't end when Reagan did it.

Heck, it didn't stop Reagan from becoming a larger than life icon with conservatives.
I think you are wrong. That should never have happened. Doing it twice will not remedy the problem. Close the border, deport those that are here and should not be. I was about to say that America is already not the America I knew as a child. We are getting some of the most unequal laws and dumbest laws I have ever heard and the really scary thing is the younger generation thinks they are normal. America is changing but not for the better. So much poverty around lately.

Our state is doing many license checks. Over the weekend there were 40 people found with expired licenses and 28 who had no license at all. Wonder how many of these people were here illegally. That is almost 80 people in one town running around without proper identification. Maybe we need a nationwide check on the road to see who is driving without a proper license.

Anyone who gets public assistance should have to furnish birth certificates for everyone that is being helped. We cannot afford to keep borrowing money from China to support illegals in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,427 posts, read 5,532,771 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh please. Like all right wingnuts, she's alarmist about things that are not life or death, but merely her own bitchy white, right wing, evangelical racist roots. However, when it comes to life or death things - the economic disaster right wingnuts plummeted this country into, millions of Americans in poverty with social programs sent down the crapper by right wingers, corporations enjoying American benefits while ripping jobs away from this country, right wingers destroying the only power the ordinary worker had (unions), innocents sentenced to the death penalty, right wingers shoving a (really f'd up) religion down everyone's throat by turning religious myth into "American laws," and pouring tax money down the defense's military-industrial corporation's pockets, when it comes to all that evil sh*t... OH, that Bible-banging nut job just REVELS in it! She rolls in it like a pig in mud, baby. She's an evil b***h, period.
So it was not the community reinvestment act that led to the housing bubble?

Here's How The Community Reinvestment Act Led To The Housing Bubble's Lax Lending - Business Insider

funny which party pushed for such a bill to be past???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 08:55 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,166,415 times
Reputation: 23168
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
I find it funny that someone can take this idiot seriously.
Are you part of the Democratic Party's war on women? You may not like what she stands for but she runs rings around anyone you have in California and she certainly is not an idiot.

I haven't once heard her say that we had to pass a bill so we can see what is in it. Such fine people California sends to congress!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 5,283,846 times
Reputation: 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You left out Clinton; he was a Dem and IMHO things then were Ok from the early 1990's to about 2000.

Too; word was Carter was out of his league like Obama in 2013.
From 1980 to the present there has been in this country a right wing ideology worship which I equate to the insane worship of Nazism that took over Germany and Germans prior to and during The Third Reich. People without much of an education jumped on the bandwagon of right wing ideology, and even some Democrats joined in the worship of right wing concepts, which are nothing but a worship of the wealthy and powerful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,906,390 times
Reputation: 6517
She is no ideal, but I'd put more faith in her than a barb Boxer, maxine Waters etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 5,283,846 times
Reputation: 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
so 11 million plus illegals is not a problem. Billions a year is spent on illegals. Thousands of people have had their ID stolen and mis-used by illegals. Not a problem.
Illegal pickers= 3% of all illegals.
What about the construction jobs? Oh not your job so no problem.
You still failed to answer any of my questions.
You claim to use illegals because it is cheaper and saves you money. Do you also by stolen products because they are cheaper?
The jobs going over seas issue. Not this forums topic. That belongs else where.
What makes you any better than corporations who hire illegals? Nothing it makes you the same.
You condemn them for moving over seas seeking cheaper labor and yet brag that you hire illegals for cheaper labor. What makes you any better than those you hate? Nothing you are the same.
Do you buy chinese made garbage? I don't. Do you shop Walmart? I don't. I work in American Manufacturing. I would wager some of the products in your home are made by the big evil Procter & Gamble. American Made in the USA and no illegal labor used. P&G uses E-verify. Every employee in our plant had to go through it last year.
Any employee in our plant with 30 or more years retires a millionaire, provided they don't rob their own retirement accts along the way. Not bad for an evil corporation. It is however those who are content to hire illegals and put legal citizens out of work who are the problem. private citizen or corporation both are equally low and both are equally guilty.
Now for the no problem issue. Care to tell that to the many victims of ID theft? The rape victims? Victims of robbery? Victims of unlicensed and uninsured illegals?
Yeah your right no problem at all.
Wait I know what you will say next. WE have criminals here already who commit those crimes. Yes we do. The difference is every victim of an illegal is a victim that could have and should have been prevented if only the Fed did it's job.
By the way the great exodus of jobs began under Bill Clinton.
Like abortion, the idea that illegal immigration is a problem (taking away jobs) is an idea developed by right wingers to cloak reality - that corporations have trashed this country in multiple ways, one of those ways being by stripping jobs away from the U.S. to other countries. The proof is in the pudding that right wingers were never up in arms when corporations began removing jobs to other countries, and, in fact, LIKE THAT and ADMIRE IT.

So I don't want to hear one word from any right winger about how illegal immigrants this or illegal immigrants that, as long as right wingers are mum about corporations having removed jobs to other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,906,390 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
From 1980 to the present there has been in this country a right wing ideology worship which I equate to the insane worship of Nazism that took over Germany and Germans prior to and during The Third Reich. People without much of an education jumped on the bandwagon of right wing ideology, and even some Democrats joined in the worship of right wing concepts, which are nothing but a worship of the wealthy and powerful.
As opposed to those who worship at the alter of the Democrats? Who turn a blind eye to the absolute faults of their own? Tell us, educate us how are those who follow their Democrat heroes any different? let us hear you condemn a few of your own gods. Can you condemn Charlie Rangal? Maxine Waters? Pelosi who has increased her personal wealth through policy that she influenced? Wasn't it Pelosi who wanted a couple hundred million added to the defense budget to fund a fleet of private jets for congressional use?
Bob Casey Democrat from PA helped to force the army to buy tanks they neither wanted or needed.
Where is your outrage for these people?
This is however the illegal immigration forum. Can you contribute to the thread topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 5,283,846 times
Reputation: 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As opposed to those who worship at the alter of the Democrats? Who turn a blind eye to the absolute faults of their own? Tell us, educate us how are those who follow their Democrat heroes any different? let us hear you condemn a few of your own gods. Can you condemn Charlie Rangal? Maxine Waters? Pelosi who has increased her personal wealth through policy that she influenced? Wasn't it Pelosi who wanted a couple hundred million added to the defense budget to fund a fleet of private jets for congressional use?
Bob Casey Democrat from PA helped to force the army to buy tanks they neither wanted or needed.
Where is your outrage for these people?
This is however the illegal immigration forum. Can you contribute to the thread topic?
We are discussing a very real historical event, the right wing takeover from 1980 to the present. We are not going to discuss something that did not happen. Liberals have not been in control of the U.S. since 1980, so your point is moot. In light that there has been a right wing TREND in this country from 1980 on to the present, the purpose of discussing how "dangerous" liberals are is an idiocy which is pointless. The results of the right wing trend in this country is what we are living now - a trashed economy, a trashed future, and nothing but crap. This is the result of applying right wing ideas. And THAT is our reality in the U.S. of A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,906,390 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Like abortion, the idea that illegal immigration is a problem (taking away jobs) is an idea developed by right wingers to cloak reality - that corporations have trashed this country in multiple ways, one of those ways being by stripping jobs away from the U.S. to other countries. The proof is in the pudding that right wingers were never up in arms when corporations began removing jobs to other countries, and, in fact, LIKE THAT and ADMIRE IT.

So I don't want to hear one word from any right winger about how illegal immigrants this or illegal immigrants that, as long as right wingers are mum about corporations having removed jobs to other countries.
Of course you dont because you hire illegals and boast about it. You attempt to deflect by talking about jobs lost and yet you hire illegals. You avoid discussing how much of this jobs exodus happened under Bill Clinton and only blame republicans. How vain or blind is that?
You pass laws that make doing business easier and more profitable to do overseas dont complain when it happens. Most Indep. Thinkers were and are against NAFTA. Most of us want our trade policies to mirror those of our trading partners. What have your Dems done to do this besides lip service?
You don't want to hear 1 word from who?
This is America freedom of speech. If you dont like the post, or the poster kindly use the ignore button or avoid the thread.
You have hijacked this thread enough already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,906,390 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
We are discussing a very real historical event, the right wing takeover from 1980 to the present. We are not going to discuss something that did not happen. Liberals have not been in control of the U.S. since 1980, so your point is moot. In light that there has been a right wing TREND in this country from 1980 on to the present, the purpose of discussing how "dangerous" liberals are is an idiocy which is pointless. The results of the right wing trend in this country is what we are living now - a trashed economy, a trashed future, and nothing but crap. This is the result of applying right wing ideas. And THAT is our reality in the U.S. of A.
For the last time. This is the illegal immigration forum........ Not the I hate republicans forums..
The fact that the Dems rode this train to the end and in partnership eludes you that is fine. Your opinion. Your right.
What is not your right is to hijack this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top