Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:21 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
It's happening all over the construction industry here. The illegals work cheap, under the table, and the contractor gets away with not paying taxes or Worker's Compensation insurance. One foreman will speak English and Spanish and translate what the boss wants. My cousin's income has dropped to a third because of this.
It's not just the construction industry and it's not just there. It's rapidly becoming everything and everywhere. Big Business will export all the jobs it can and for those it can't, it will import workers. Anything else might cut into the profit margin.

And Bachmann is most definitely bat- crazy but even she can be right about something.

However, in this case America as we knew it is already gone, and uncontrolled immigration is but one of the cudgels the Ruling Class has used to destroy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
She may be a nut job but she is correct to be concerned about a bill that would pardon millions for crimes that would send a legal citizen to prison.
Oh please. Like all right wingnuts, she's alarmist about things that are not life or death, but merely her own bitchy white, right wing, evangelical racist roots. However, when it comes to life or death things - the economic disaster right wingnuts plummeted this country into, millions of Americans in poverty with social programs sent down the crapper by right wingers, corporations enjoying American benefits while ripping jobs away from this country, right wingers destroying the only power the ordinary worker had (unions), innocents sentenced to the death penalty, right wingers shoving a (really f'd up) religion down everyone's throat by turning religious myth into "American laws," and pouring tax money down the defense's military-industrial corporation's pockets, when it comes to all that evil sh*t... OH, that Bible-banging nut job just REVELS in it! She rolls in it like a pig in mud, baby. She's an evil b***h, period.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh please. Like all right wingnuts, she's alarmist about things that are not life or death, but merely her own bitchy white, right wing, evangelical racist roots. However, when it comes to life or death things - the economic disaster right wingnuts plummeted this country into, millions of Americans in poverty with social programs sent down the crapper by right wingers, corporations enjoying American benefits while ripping jobs away from this country, right wingers destroying the only power the ordinary worker had (unions), innocents sentenced to the death penalty, right wingers shoving a (really f'd up) religion down everyone's throat by turning religious myth into "American laws," and pouring tax money down the defense's military-industrial corporation's pockets, when it comes to all that evil sh*t... OH, that Bible-banging nut job just REVELS in it! She rolls in it like a pig in mud, baby. She's an evil b***h, period.
are you saying that illegal immigration has not harmed this nation? That no legal citizen has been victimized by illegals in any way?
Are you saying that rewarding criminal behavior is a good thing and won't invite more of the same?
As for the rest of your rant? Politics and controversies might be a more appropriate forum.
But for the record. The economic disaster is a bi-partisan disaster with plenty of left wingers hands in that pie.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Stop it right there, please.

Obama as been POTUS for a while now and he's NO Repub so it's on Obama. Bush was a mess, I do agree but he's out of the public eye.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
are you saying that illegal immigration has not harmed this nation? That no legal citizen has been victimized by illegals in any way?
Are you saying that rewarding criminal behavior is a good thing and won't invite more of the same?
As for the rest of your rant? Politics and controversies might be a more appropriate forum.
But for the record. The economic disaster is a bi-partisan disaster with plenty of left wingers hands in that pie.
The H-1B visas slightly, perhaps. The rest of the destruction of the American economy has been done by the GOP bestowing its blessings on corporations allowing them to rip this country to shreds. You right wingers are like a surgeon that puts a bandaid on the visible portion of a cancer, and doesn't extirpate the cancer from underneath, and that cancer is the rule by corporations, and the free-for-all they have had going on since 1980. Corporations need to be severely regulated AGAIN, and their legs need to be cut out from under them AGAIN, and the rich need to be taxed AGAIN as they were prior to 1980.

But you knew all this, I suspect, and just don't care a rat's ***** what happens to this country, as long as the rich are getting richer.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it right there, please.

Obama as been POTUS for a while now and he's NO Repub so it's on Obama. Bush was a mess, I do agree but he's out of the public eye.
Oh that's right! Silly me. I forgot the Repugnicans have been working so nicely along with the president to CORRECT all the f*k-ups the GOP has been responsible for since 1980 and which drove this country into the ground.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The H-1B visas slightly, perhaps. The rest of the destruction of the American economy has been done by the GOP bestowing its blessings on corporations allowing them to rip this country to shreds. You right wingers are like a surgeon that puts a bandaid on the visible portion of a cancer, and doesn't extirpate the cancer from underneath, and that cancer is the rule by corporations, and the free-for-all they have had going on since 1980. Corporations need to be severely regulated AGAIN, and their legs need to be cut out from under them AGAIN, and the rich need to be taxed AGAIN as they were prior to 1980.

But you knew all this, I suspect, and just don't care a rat's ***** what happens to this country, as long as the rich are getting richer.
Right winger? I unlike you am equally critical of both parties. Perhaps you should read a few of my posts in the politics forum.
Who failed to finance border security after Reagan passed amnesty?
Who had control of congress for 4 years, 2 of GWB and 2 of Obama and did nothing?
It is a bi-partisan problem.
Most big corporations don't use illegals. But while we are on that subject. Why is it wrong for them but right for you? Oh because you don't like the big corporations. Got it.
Like a religous zealot you only rant against other sinners and ignore your own.. LOL

Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Right winger? I unlike you am equally critical of both parties. Perhaps you should read a few of my posts in the politics forum.
Who failed to finance border security after Reagan passed amnesty?
Who had control of congress for 4 years, 2 of GWB and 2 of Obama and did nothing?
It is a bi-partisan problem.
Most big corporations don't use illegals. But while we are on that subject. Why is it wrong for them but right for you? Oh because you don't like the big corporations. Got it.
Like a religous zealot you only rant against other sinners and ignore your own.. LOL
Let me put it about as simply as I can. Illegal pickers of fruit are not taking corporate jobs which were moved abroad. That exodus of jobs was carried out by corporations, who have the f*g gall of continuing to sell us their products and expect us to buy them, while having removed the jobs from here to other countries.

The illegal immigrant situation is not a problem, but Repugnicans have made it seem like a problem now that there are NO GOOD JOBS LEFT, so as to CLOUD AND CONFUSE THE ISSUE OF CORPORATIONS BEING THE CULPRITS IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS COUNTRY'S ECONOMY.

Maybe that was clearer. Sorry if I hadn't made it that clear before.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Oh that's right! Silly me. I forgot the Repugnicans have been working so nicely along with the president to CORRECT all the f*k-ups the GOP has been responsible for since 1980 and which drove this country into the ground.
You left out Clinton; he was a Dem and IMHO things then were Ok from the early 1990's to about 2000.

Too; word was Carter was out of his league like Obama in 2013.

Last edited by Packard fan; 07-21-2013 at 07:47 PM..

Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Let me put it about as simply as I can. Illegal pickers of fruit are not taking corporate jobs which were moved abroad. That exodus of jobs was carried out by corporations, who have the f*g gall of continuing to sell us their products and expect us to buy them, while having removed the jobs from here to other countries.

The illegal immigrant situation is not a problem, but Repugnicans have made it seem like a problem now that there are NO GOOD JOBS LEFT, so as to CLOUD AND CONFUSE THE ISSUE OF CORPORATIONS BEING THE CULPRITS IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS COUNTRY'S ECONOMY.

Maybe that was clearer. Sorry if I hadn't made it that clear before.

so 11 million plus illegals is not a problem. Billions a year is spent on illegals. Thousands of people have had their ID stolen and mis-used by illegals. Not a problem.
Illegal pickers= 3% of all illegals.
What about the construction jobs? Oh not your job so no problem.
You still failed to answer any of my questions.
You claim to use illegals because it is cheaper and saves you money. Do you also by stolen products because they are cheaper?
The jobs going over seas issue. Not this forums topic. That belongs else where.
What makes you any better than corporations who hire illegals? Nothing it makes you the same.
You condemn them for moving over seas seeking cheaper labor and yet brag that you hire illegals for cheaper labor. What makes you any better than those you hate? Nothing you are the same.
Do you buy chinese made garbage? I don't. Do you shop Walmart? I don't. I work in American Manufacturing. I would wager some of the products in your home are made by the big evil Procter & Gamble. American Made in the USA and no illegal labor used. P&G uses E-verify. Every employee in our plant had to go through it last year.
Any employee in our plant with 30 or more years retires a millionaire, provided they don't rob their own retirement accts along the way. Not bad for an evil corporation. It is however those who are content to hire illegals and put legal citizens out of work who are the problem. private citizen or corporation both are equally low and both are equally guilty.
Now for the no problem issue. Care to tell that to the many victims of ID theft? The rape victims? Victims of robbery? Victims of unlicensed and uninsured illegals?
Yeah your right no problem at all.
Wait I know what you will say next. WE have criminals here already who commit those crimes. Yes we do. The difference is every victim of an illegal is a victim that could have and should have been prevented if only the Fed did it's job.
By the way the great exodus of jobs began under Bill Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration