U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:22 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Deportation of 20 millions illegals is not a real option.

I would like to know what we do with the newly unemployed illegals. (resulting from the new laws that crack down on the employment of the illegal aliens. ) All discussion of the topic of illegal immigration needs to end until we solve this question.
We send them home, of course. It is not our responsibility to provide for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
We send them home, of course. It is not our responsibility to provide for them.
Correct. They made the choice to come here illegally. Its on them when their illbegotten plans fail.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,005,685 times
Quote:

Only two REAL OPTIONS are available to them if they stay here illegally. Making an attempt in the underground economy- which has limited opportunities, or going into a world of crime.

Maybe immigration enforcement has some unintended consequences. I have never seen a real honest discussion about what to do about the illegal aliens after they are fired in mass due to a new State law cracking down on employers.
It wouldn't really be that difficult. Americans are armed to the teeth. Criminals are criminals. If the illegals turn to crime in even more numbers than they all ready have or if they begin to riot in the streets law enforcement may have to deputize citizens again.

We just have to come to terms with the fact that we have been invaded by a foreign army. Illegal aliens have killed more Americans than al-queda has. We need to mobilize the army, marines, national guard and reserves. It could and can be done. In fact, I'll bet there are many here that would gladly volunteer their services to defend this nation. Besides, if we can spend a billion dollars a day in Iraq we can certainly spend it in the US rooting out criminals and making our streets safe again.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM

238 posts, read 1,019,169 times
How will armed Americans determine who these illegal aliens are? What a bunch of naive postings so far. I am a critic of illegal immigration as much as anyone but I still hold back until I understand what we will do if huge numbers of them are unemployed due to employer crackdowns.

I do not believe anyone actually expects a mass deportation. So lets be real. Ideas please about what we can do about all the newly unemployed illegals after strict employer rules against illegals.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Deportation of 20 millions illegals is not a real option.

I would like to know what we do with the newly unemployed illegals. (resulting from the new laws that crack down on the employment of the illegal aliens. ) All discussion of the topic of illegal immigration needs to end until we solve this question.
Well:

We will find out soon enough what we as Americans are made out of as a people.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:08 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
IMO, we do not need to "deport" 20 million illegals

A) Make it next to impossible to get a job if you are illegal

B) Take away all but ESSENTIAL emergency (life threatening) medical services

C) Take away all welfare benifits that illegals or their immediate family are recieveing

D) Get rid of the "anchor baby" law

E) No bank accounts if one is here illegally

F) No Drivers license if one is here illegally

G) Allow landlords the right to refuse to those here illegally

In other words, make it untenable to be in this country illegally - by doing so MANY will return to their country of origin (or elsewhere) on their own -

Deport those who do not go
Good lord! A person with common sense! No was that so difficult folks?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Don't you guys think if they were all deported the illegals there would be some sort of immediate economic unrest?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM

383 posts, read 1,021,084 times
I would love to see ILLEGAL ALIENS up in arms, fighting LEGAL AMERICANS. This would be the biggest joke in history, and you better bet your ass that we would be up in arms.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Don't you guys think if they were all deported the illegals there would be some sort of immediate economic unrest?
Sure - and VERY short term - VERY short

Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,159,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sure - and VERY short term - VERY short
Why do you think it will be short..? Who will we get to cover the jobs that illegals hold? Those fruit picking machines I don't believe they will be here in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or