U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
I would love to see ILLEGAL ALIENS up in arms, fighting LEGAL AMERICANS. This would be the biggest joke in history, and you better bet your ass that we would be up in arms.
Such a scenario would be very ugly for all of us------and, would likely lead to Mexico's demise as an independent nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 05:28 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why do you think it will be short..? Who will we get to cover the jobs that illegals hold? Those fruit picking machines I don't believe they will be here in time.
You know - the number of illegals involved in ag is so low - I hear / see numbers that represent 1 / 2 percent of the total workforce (in Ag)

Other jobs (for instance fast foods) can easily be filled by seniors, college students, the 2nd jobber etc -

Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You know - the number of illegals involved in ag is so low - I hear / see numbers that represent 1 / 2 percent of the total workforce (in Ag)

Other jobs (for instance fast foods) can easily be filled by seniors, college students, the 2nd jobber etc -
I've been to the fields here in California.. I don't think I saw one White American person there. All paisas. And don't you think those fast food jobs wouldn't be filled in already by mostly Americans? I know In-an-out doesn't hire illegals. I didn't see one Mexican worker there LOL.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I've been to the fields here in California.. I don't think I saw one White American person there. All paisas. .
AND, because they are not "white" you are assuming they are all illegals???

Old 11-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I know In-an-out doesn't hire illegals. I didn't see one Mexican worker there LOL.
Not true -

McDonalds also hires illegals as was made very evident by the raid in Reno recently

Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
AND, because they are not "white" you are assuming they are all illegals???
I am 99.9% sure they were illegal.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Not true -

McDonalds also hires illegals as was made very evident by the raid in Reno recently

I wasn't talked about McDonalds. I'm talking about In-and-out.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I am 99.9% sure they were illegal.
Did you ask them? Check them out??

Because, unless you did, and you may have, you cannot be assured like that.

One example: I spend lots of time in Carlsbad CA - they have some fantastic flower / veggie farms there - I have come to know the operators - this type of discussion has come up - I feel the operators were being very candid with me - they will not knowingly hire an illegal - they verify immigration status on each and every employee.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
How will armed Americans determine who these illegal aliens are? What a bunch of naive postings so far. I am a critic of illegal immigration as much as anyone but I still hold back until I understand what we will do if huge numbers of them are unemployed due to employer crackdowns.

I do not believe anyone actually expects a mass deportation. So lets be real. Ideas please about what we can do about all the newly unemployed illegals after strict employer rules against illegals.
Any number of people have just told you what to do: send/ encourage them to go home. I am not sure what you are looking for here.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talked about McDonalds. I'm talking about In-and-out.
Well - the In and outs I have been to - I have seen mega Hispanics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or