Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The United States will have a severe shortage of labors if all illegal immigrants are deported or if State Laws quickly devoured them. I understand one day didn't have much effect on our country, but illegal immigrants temporarily or permanently leaving could really shatter the U.S. economy. I don't care about your stance on the issue, but we could be looking at some real trouble if they are deported. Think of all the hotels that illegal immigrants care to, all the businesses who will have no cooks, there will be no one to pick the United States fruits and vegetables, there will be a severe decrease of workers in the factories, it would be a nightmare. We would have to convince our kids to make dirt pay and work their butts off. I have alot of respect for illegal immigrants, regardless of how many laws some may break, they work awfully hard.
Prove it. Until you do that's just your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
If riots do happen then SWAT needs to be brought in. Plain and simple.....

Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Prove it. Until you do that's just your opinion.
I will. I'll convince every illegal immigrant to leave their job for a week, lose their paycheck, and then I'll show you. How can I prove it? I like that, is that a sexy way to say I'm tough in Texas, prove it.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I will. I'll convince every illegal immigrant to leave their job for a week, lose their paycheck, and then I'll show you. How can I prove it? I like that, is that a sexy way to say I'm tough in Texas, prove it.
As we say in Texas, put up or shut up.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:02 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
As we say in Texas, put up or shut up.
Nice...I'm glad your proud of your rough and tough Texas roots.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Nice...I'm glad your proud of your rough and tough Texas roots.
And there's our answer...can't prove it. Go pound sand.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,031 times
Originally Posted by JesusisLord
The United States will have a severe shortage of labors if all illegal immigrants are deported or if State Laws quickly devoured them. I understand one day didn't have much effect on our country, but illegal immigrants temporarily or permanently leaving could really shatter the U.S. economy. I don't care about your stance on the issue, but we could be looking at some real trouble if they are deported. Think of all the hotels that illegal immigrants care to, all the businesses who will have no cooks, there will be no one to pick the United States fruits and vegetables, there will be a severe decrease of workers in the factories, it would be a nightmare. We would have to convince our kids to make dirt pay and work their butts off. I have alot of respect for illegal immigrants, regardless of how many laws some may break, they work awfully hard.

They work at jobs that do not belong to them,there illegal they have no rights to work in the U.S. so it does not matter how hard they work, they are breaking the law.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
No job, no more free handouts, no free public education, no healthcare that is not emergency related, no more free ride into this country for their anchor babies on the back of Black America (14th Amendment abuse)--No reason to stick around.
so you would want illegals working under the table jobs, uneducated, and sick (and spreading sickness)? because they could still live that way and have a better life than they did in mexico. many already live this way. how is that doing anything but making the situation worse? they are not going to leave.

and as far as interpreting law, you dont have that right. regardless of what the law was written for, it is not up to you to say whether it still applies. same concept as the 2nd amendment. why are the people so caught up in the illegality of immigrants also unwilling to endorse the legality of their children's birthright citizenship?

Quote:
All 20 million of them are not going to turn to crime to stay here. If it is as all the pro-illegal folks would have us believe, then these are just kind, gentle, hard working people who come here to work, so they will pack up their overnight bags and go home.
they will work under the table. it already happens... it would just be more frequent. employers would still hire them, too.

Quote:
We all know that there is a segment of the illegal alien population already committing crime in this country. I find it hard to believe that you really think that all 20 million of them are going to turn to outright lawlessness in order to stay in a place where they will always be forced to live an underground existence. (I don't want to hear that they already do. Illegals in California are blatantly in your face.)

a segment of the citizen population is already committing crime. its just a part of life. if you want a crime free nation, you better be the only one living in it.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
IMO, we do not need to "deport" 20 million illegals

A) Make it next to impossible to get a job if you are illegal
they will work under the table, and employers will still hire them at reduced wages.

Quote:
B) Take away all but ESSENTIAL emergency (life threatening) medical services
this will promote sickness and the spread of sickness.

Quote:
C) Take away all welfare benifits that illegals or their immediate family are recieveing
and the ones who are paying into it?

Quote:
D) Get rid of the "anchor baby" law
why is this law subject to interpretation but the immigration law isnt? illegal is illegal? well then legal is legal. this whole idea of getting rid of a law shows the hypocrisy of the anti-illegal viewpoint.

Quote:
E) No bank accounts if one is here illegally
thats fine with me. i dont even think bank accounts are that great anyway. bankers already run the country, and have turned our economy into a credit-based one. you rarely own anything important, you make payments.

Quote:
F) No Drivers license if one is here illegally
which will surely stop them from driving....

Quote:
G) Allow landlords the right to refuse to those here illegally
they can refuse anyone they want to already. aside from section 8 type stuff.

Quote:
In other words, make it untenable to be in this country illegally - by doing so MANY will return to their country of origin (or elsewhere) on their own -

Deport those who do not go

you act like denying them social services is going to make them go away. it will just make things worse for us all. use some common sense and come up with some real world solutions. on paper, communism is perfect. how does it translate in real world scenarios? same idea.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
They already work under the table, are uneducated and spread sickness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration