U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
 
1,735 posts, read 4,137,914 times
Reputation: 1436

Advertisements

If they donít go back to Mexico and decide instead to go into a life of crime Iím sure Joe Arpaio will be more than willing to take them in.
If he doesnít have the room he will put up another tent.
Once they serve their time Iím sure Mexico will be a much better place than Joeís hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
they are not going to leave.
Says who? You? On what basis is this statement made?

Quote:
they will work under the table, and employers will still hire them at reduced wages.
If the employers are faced with jail time or losing their business license they won't.

Quote:
this will promote sickness and the spread of sickness.
If they are not in the country in the first place they will not be able to spread sickness and disease. Treat the US citizens they have infected and send them home to their own countries for treatment.

Quote:
and the ones who are paying into it?
US citizens provide the mjaority of the funding for benefits programs.

Quote:
why is this law subject to interpretation but the immigration law isnt? illegal is illegal? well then legal is legal. this whole idea of getting rid of a law shows the hypocrisy of the anti-illegal viewpoint.


Quote:
thats fine with me. i dont even think bank accounts are that great anyway. bankers already run the country, and have turned our economy into a credit-based one. you rarely own anything important, you make payments.
Hahaha! Speak for your self.

Quote:
which will surely stop them from driving....
The only driving they should be permitted to do is when they drive themselves to the border.

Quote:
they can refuse anyone they want to already. aside from section 8 type stuff.
If a landlord refuses to rent to an illegal, my bet is that MALDEF, LaRaza, et al would be on him like a frog on a junebug.


Quote:
you act like denying them social services is going to make them go away. it will just make things worse for us all. use some common sense and come up with some real world solutions. on paper, communism is perfect. how does it translate in real world scenarios? same idea.
Well, I have been listening to the OBL crowd for more years than I care to remember loudly proclaiming that the illegals are 'only here to work' or 'only here to do the jobs Americans won't do'. If these jobs are no longer available to them, then there is no longer any reason for them to be here now is there? IMO, a significant percentage have always been here because of the freebies they could collect. If that dries up, then there goes their reason for staying, too.
This is very sensible. They are not supposed to be here (any way you add it up), if you take away the things that served as an attractant in the first place they will leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The United States will have a severe shortage of labors if all illegal immigrants are deported or if State Laws quickly devoured them. I understand one day didn't have much effect on our country, but illegal immigrants temporarily or permanently leaving could really shatter the U.S. economy.
I disagree. Sure our GDP would drop somewhat, but not drastically. We as a nation can enjoy a great standard of living with a much lower GDP. After a slight adjustment period our standard of living would actually improve because illegal aliens are much more of a drain on our society than an asset. Because illegal aliens are willing to steal jobs and work at less than the prevailing wage they enable a few to make a lot of money at the expense of the middle class. Get rid of the illegals and in a short time our life here in the US gets much, much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They already work under the table, are uneducated and spread sickness.
there's that inaccurate language. "they" does not mean all of them. you should use a word like "some" to be more accurate, and subsequently more credible.

and as far as your post goes, do you want more or less illegals sick? uneducated? working under the table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Reputation: 6264
I want less illegals, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Says who? You? On what basis is this statement made?
based on the fact that most are still here and many are going to extreme measures to stay here.

Quote:
If the employers are faced with jail time or losing their business license they won't.
says who? you? on what basis is this statement made?

Quote:
If they are not in the country in the first place they will not be able to spread sickness and disease. Treat the US citizens they have infected and send them home to their own countries for treatment.
if that was a real solution, it would've been enacted. in the context of real life, denying them healthcare will promote the spread of sickness. would you deny healthcare benefits to illegals if it increased the risk of sickness for the general population?

Quote:
US citizens provide the mjaority of the funding for benefits programs.
because citizens are the majority of the population. what is your point?

Quote:
people use the argument that "illegal is illegal" and that is why we should deport these people. but if illegal is illegal, then their anchor babies are legal, and "legal is legal". if we choose to follow the law, then we shouldn't be questioning ANY laws.

Quote:
Hahaha! Speak for your self.
this is true for the majority of americans. mortgage payments, car payments, loan repayments, etc... we even have these things called credit cards.

Quote:
The only driving they should be permitted to do is when they drive themselves to the border.
thats great. but they will still drive where they want, licensed or not. i dont see how your response addressed the issue at all.

Quote:
If a landlord refuses to rent to an illegal, my bet is that MALDEF, LaRaza, et al would be on him like a frog on a junebug.
ok. that doesnt mean they cant.

Quote:
Well, I have been listening to the OBL crowd for more years than I care to remember loudly proclaiming that the illegals are 'only here to work' or 'only here to do the jobs Americans won't do'. If these jobs are no longer available to them, then there is no longer any reason for them to be here now is there? IMO, a significant percentage have always been here because of the freebies they could collect. If that dries up, then there goes their reason for staying, too.
This is very sensible. They are not supposed to be here (any way you add it up), if you take away the things that served as an attractant in the first place they will leave.

the way of life here attracts them. for someone who has nothing, you can give them a dollar, then take that away and give them a quarter, and its still something to them. once the economies are balanced, they will have less reason to stay. once they are afforded basic human rights in mexico, they will have less reason to stay. until we work, as a country, to make these things happen, we shouldnt expect this trend to subside. and in a few years, we will have anchor babies all grown up, and you will have very little to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I want less illegals, period.
so use common sense (and voting rights) to get a leader in power who will enact a reasonable, realistic solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
What a bunch of hooey.

When businesses have shut down in Smalltown, USA, virtually putting the entire town out of work, I haven't seen any reports of rioting or rampant crime.

The OP's hypothesis is unfounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so use common sense (and voting rights) to get a leader in power who will enact a reasonable, realistic solution.
Which is exactly what some state and local governments have done.

Unfortunately, pro-illegal organizations who fight such laws have a different opinion as to what is "reasonable" and "realistic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Which is exactly what some state and local governments have done.

Unfortunately, pro-illegal organizations who fight such laws have a different opinion as to what is "reasonable" and "realistic."
can you name some state and local governments and the laws they have passed (or tried to pass)? im just curious about the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top