U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:38 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,322,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
There is so much wrong with that if you happen to be a blue collar citizen or legal immigrant.
Actually, you don't have to be either. You just have to be someone who believes in and respects the rule of law.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM

199 posts, read 293,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
1. Your comparison to robbing a bank and giving to charity is a complete non-sequitur huh? Robbing a bank is illegal. Sneaking into this country is illegal. Benefiting from either one is wrong. Others benefiting from either one is wrong.

2. The vast majority of "them" have been going back since the recession hit (you need to keep up on your current events) So you're saying that I'm dead on in my assessment that if you stop feeding them and coddling them, they'll have no incentive to come here. Thanks.

3. Where ever you got the "put them on the gov't payroll", and "give them free everything" would be interesting to know. If they were given "everything" they wouldn't likely work in the fields, and gardens, and construction dust as they do typically, now would they? Plenty of Americans work in fields, gardens, and construction dust. Giving illegals incentive to come steal American wages AND have full American citizenship for their children is socially and economically suicidal. There's a reason Americans prefer not to pick strawberries any more. The wages have been driven down so much that you're better off on welfare than busting your backside trying to outhustle an illegal on the line for pennies on the dollar. Believe me, the world won't stop turning if you take illegals out of the workforce. There will always be Americans to take their place, as long as there's demand for the product. I'd rather pay $2 a basket and have it go into my neighbor's pocket than pay $1 a basket and have it go to some illegal who's looking to oust me from my own home.

4. They're not "swarming over in droves" as pointed out in #2 above. Hispanics are the majority in California now. Call them "droves" or whatever you want. Doesn't change the reality of the fact that there are more and more of them constantly.

5. Idiots reacting to emotion instead of reason" sounds suspiciously like RWNJ, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh listener tea-party members ... you should check that profile. Shallow-minded puppets view every issue as Right VS Left. Newsflash, there are people in the world who think beyond simple-minded political banter. There's right and there's wrong. You can put any BS label you want on it but it doesn't make the facts of someone's arguments any less true. Try thinking for yourself instead of being a puppet for political pundits.

6. Your mention of giving away "freedoms and privileges that their forefathers died to provide them" is curiously contradictory to your position that "just being born in this country shouldn't make you a citizen" ... because you infer that you have "freedoms and privileges" / citizenship rights based on your forefathers' sacrifices ... in other words: for just being born a descendant. Make up your mind. Now you're playing yourself to be a total fool in order to try poking holes in my argument. There's a difference between someone applying for citizenship through the proper channels, receiving it finally, and then enjoying the benefits of citizenship for them and their future children.

7. Your final statement about warm bodies and germs is a total mystery as to meaning and connection. Your body rids itself of harmful elements that it may survive. California, on the other hand, invites them all in so that we can all live in one big cluster****. When your jobs are all gone overseas because taxes are skyrocketing to pay for lazy leeches, and the remaining jobs are all paying pennies on the dollar because there are 100 illegals applying per opening, and you don't qualify for the job anyway because the burger-flipping job at McDonalds now requires you to be bilingual... Then tell me how great your tolerance and compassion is. I'm sure your children will love knowing that you cared for them so little that you sabotaged their future in order to feed your ego and make yourself feel like an enlightened, compassionate human being.

Now, perhaps you have served your country, as I have. But I am suspicious that perhaps you haven't done anything particular for your own citizenship. If that is correct then allow me to suggest you butt out of other peoples' journeys to America. Some people paid for their ticket, while other's stowed away in the wheel well. Those of us who have done things correctly and with respect for this land have every right to criticize and take action against those who do not. I'll butt out of no one's business as long as they're sitting in the seat that I paid for and making me a second class citizen in my own home. Take your PC BS and shove it.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,500,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
Either way it's just survival. Your just an obstical.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM

7,150 posts, read 8,468,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
Ah. Quite a diatribe from you. Hope you feel better now.

So apparently I was correct: you have never served or sacrificed for your country ... you are just riding on the coattails of your forefathers ... yet you feel entitled to your unearned citizenship by birthright ... and don't feel birthright citizenship is acceptable for others. Ok. Just clarifying your position there, thanks.

With regard to "wages being driven down" in the "strawberry fields" -- field work pays considerably better than minimum wage, and taxes are taken out of earnings (it is estimated that illegals have paid about 10% of the value of your Social Security fund, by the way .. which fund they never draw benefits from). Millions of Americans work at minimum wage jobs for less than they could earn in the fields ... they don't work in the fields because it is too hard. This is not my opinion, it is fact ... and there is a great deal of study and proof to back it up.

Now, the fact it bothers you that "Hispanics are the majority race in California now" can only mean you are racially prejudiced, since the vast majority of Hispanics in California are legitimate American citizens. Racial prejudice is very un-American. You should look deep inside yourself and contemplate that.

And finally, perhaps you should consider that the people taking away much of the low-paying work that Americans used to survive on, and have sent it overseas, are not illegals -- but very wealthy American citizens who have more love of the dollar than respect for their fellow countrymen.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 PM

217 posts, read 253,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Actually, you don't have to be either. You just have to be someone who believes in and respects the rule of law.
What law ? care to explain ?
Id rather hire an ilegal inmigrant (i do it all the time) to do work around my house than a lazy american. The ilegal works harder and dont charge you as much as an legal citizen.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Ah. Quite a diatribe from you. Hope you feel better now. Much. Thank you. It always feels good to bring wisdom to the misguided.

So apparently I was correct: you have never served or sacrificed for your country ... you are just riding on the coattails of your forefathers ... yet you feel entitled to your unearned citizenship by birthright ... and don't feel birthright citizenship is acceptable for others. Ok. Just clarifying your position there, thanks. My parents emigrated to this country LEGALLY. They've since added countless tax dollars into bettering this country and countless time and effort into helping their neighbors and community. I've done the same. Never have any of us been on welfare of any kind. Never have any of us taken any kind of handout from the state. I'd say you're damn lucky to have Americans like us. So, you're welcome.

With regard to "wages being driven down" in the "strawberry fields" -- field work pays considerably better than minimum wage, and taxes are taken out of earnings (it is estimated that illegals have paid about 10% of the value of your Social Security fund, by the way .. which fund they never draw benefits from). Millions of Americans work at minimum wage jobs for less than they could earn in the fields ... they don't work in the fields because it is too hard. This is not my opinion, it is fact ... and there is a great deal of study and proof to back it up. You're welcome to post that proof. I won't hold my breath, though. As an American kid entering working age, are you going to head into the fields where you're a complete outsider, or are you going to head to the local fast food place where the manager at least speaks English? Americans WOULD work farm jobs if given the proper opportunity. This country survived just fine with their farming needs before the illegals started spilling over. Problem is a normal American worker eager to work in the fields will be received about as kindly there as an illegal would applying for an accounting job at Goldman Sachs.

Now, the fact it bothers you that "Hispanics are the majority race in California now" can only mean you are racially prejudiced, since the vast majority of Hispanics in California are legitimate American citizens. And I'm sure that, when presented with a choice between a Hispanic candidate and a white candidate, the Hispanics, both legitimate citizens and not, will vote for the better candidate, not the one whose last name ends with -ez. Get real. Racism swings both ways. It's blind fools like you that are going to ruin this city and state.

And finally, perhaps you should consider that the people taking away much of the low-paying work that Americans used to survive on, and have sent it overseas, are not illegals -- but very wealthy American citizens who have more love of the dollar than respect for their fellow countrymen. I never said they weren't. I've said it in the other thread and I'll say it again: No one champions the middle class. I know that greedy corporations care more for their bottom dollar than the city/state/country. Politicians should realize that immutable fact and make the most of it instead of pandering to the dredges of society in order to get votes and as a result casting out businesses. Better to have greedy businesses than unemployment. Who's gonna pay for your Father's Day meal tonight? Those food stamps are coming out of someone's pockets. You just better hope and pray that someone doesn't get sick of having your hands in his pockets or else you're going to be going to bed hungry.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
Id rather hire an ilegal inmigrant (i do it all the time) to do work around my house than a lazy american. The ilegal works harder and dont charge you as much as an legal citizen.
Or maybe you're just cheap.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 PM

155 posts, read 202,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
And here ladies and gentlemen, is everything that is wrong with SoCal.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 PM

74 posts, read 138,985 times
no wonder i am always hungry,it's because our stupid government pays about $1000 for every kid a family has. that is something nobody wants to know. if you are all alone and have no family,like myself,you only get $200 for food a month. nobody can survive on that. that is why i see many families have about 3-6 kids and live happy. if you are poor and have no family,you are screwed.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,185,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody067 View Post
no wonder i am always hungry,it's because our stupid government pays about $1000 for every kid a family has. that is something nobody wants to know. if you are all alone and have no family,like myself,you only get $200 for food a month. nobody can survive on that. that is why i see many families have about 3-6 kids and live happy. if you are poor and have no family,you are screwed.
Bingo! Anchor baby lottery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration