U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:05 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
You do realize that you could be talking about 70% of white Americans with this statement.
At least these white Americans are citizens of our country. I don't see any non-Hispanic whites putting their racial/ethnic group above our immigration laws and demanding that they be rewarded for breaking them, do you?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:05 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,322,804 times
Just hope that the parents of these children appreciate the charity that is being bestowed on their children by American tax payers. I also hope if these people end up staying that these children who are being cared for grow up with a loyalty and love for a host nation that sustained them in childhood...Nothing worse than invaders who take a liberal democracy for granted and are not thankful.... I am sure most established Americans have nothing against having adopted citizens who enter the American national family who APPRECIATE the help...There should be an advertising campaign of THANKS for the care and hospitality-

People are not against immigration or migration - legal or other wise....they are against pigs who come to the table and eat your food as if it is theirs by some sort of right....It's like a gracious guest in your house....Respect and thankfulness must be shown...I had one fellow come over and I he was treated to drinks and dinner...I let him smoke freely and enjoy himself...There was an ashtray available - He chose to stick his cigarette butt into the pot of one of my prized plants................He has never entered my home again.

It's the little shows of disrespect that have to be caught. Are the parents of these children thankful for the care their kids receive through the hands of a host nation? If NOT - they can leave...

Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
You guys better get this all off your chest now- comprehensive reform is coming and you'll have to find something else to ***** about
I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
No, Americans won't work in the fields ... and they did not always before the Mexicans ... before the Mexicans it was the Japanese, until WWII put them in camps ... you really should learn American history if you are going to brag about what a great citizen you are ...

You make this too easy. Take your pick. The available list is endless though.

www.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/us/farmers-strain-to-hire-american-workers-in-place-of-migrant-labor.html?_r=0

Georgia immigrant crackdown backfires - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Why Americans Won't Do Dirty Jobs - Businessweek

After Alabama Immigration Law, Few Americans Taking Immigrants' Work

We’re running out of farm workers. Immigration reform won’t help.

Why An Immigration Deal Won't Solve The Farmworker Shortage : The Salt : NPR
YES, Americans do work in the fields, still to this day, just not in as great a number as they use to, the point you are trying to make is that they don't work in the fields as much anymore. You claiming to know American History is also you limiting that history to only make your point seem like it is the only correct one. Your version of the history your provide is only partially correct, it is not the whole truth.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 06-18-2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Unless / until the Constitution is amended in this regard, those kids are American citizens.
The USC does not need to be amended, citizenship by birth is a Federal Policy that can change. Try reading the Wong Kim Ark opinion.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
As for Food Stamps -- apparently you don't know that the Food Stamp program is not welfare? It is an agricultural subsidy program to benefit American farmers ... that is not its secret, unspoken essence ... the program is run by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture -- yes, to benefit farmers. Literally.
What it once was intended for and what it has become are 2 different things.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A big fat yawn @ the bigoted scapegoating rants.

There isn't an economist alive who believes that illegals are a detriment to the economy. They earn wages in fields that few citizens desire to work in, and recirculate their wages back into the economy (rent, gas, electricity, goods). They even pay taxes on services they do not personally qualify for--like social security. It is estimated that undocumented workers have contributed as much as 10% of the $2.7 trillion SS Trust Fund. Overall they are a benefit to the economy.

As for their kids--they're U.S. born citizens. The constitution says so. Get over it.
Bigoted, scapegoating rants? How is it bigoted to desire respect and enforcement of our immigration laws?

Most illegals are not working in the fields. Only about 3-4% are. The rest are doing jobs that Americans will do for a fair wage. They may spend some of their earnings in our economy but they also send billions back to their homelands in remittances. Why not give the jobs back that they are holding to our unemployed Americans? Wouldn't they in turn have the same spending power, be paying SS taxes. etc.?

Nope, when you factor in their social costs and the loss of American jobs they do not benefit most Americans nor this country.

You might try reading the 14th amendment clause in regards to birthright citizenship. "AND" subject to the jurisdiction will give you a clue as to why the writers of it never intended for children born from illegals on our soil were to be given our citizenship by birth.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
The previously ever increasing annual number of illegals coming to the U.S. has reversed. As of last year we have experienced a "net zero" illegal immigration from Mexico. Between strongly lower opportunity during the recession here, plus improving economy in their homeland, the trend is to continue losing the illegal population.
Actually we have experienced an increase the last 2 years. Illegal Immigration Still on the Rise - Katie Pavlich

Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Just hope that the parents of these children appreciate the charity that is being bestowed on their children by American tax payers. I also hope if these people end up staying that these children who are being cared for grow up with a loyalty and love for a host nation that sustained them in childhood...Nothing worse than invaders who take a liberal democracy for granted and are not thankful.... I am sure most established Americans have nothing against having adopted citizens who enter the American national family who APPRECIATE the help...There should be an advertising campaign of THANKS for the care and hospitality-

People are not against immigration or migration - legal or other wise....they are against pigs who come to the table and eat your food as if it is theirs by some sort of right....It's like a gracious guest in your house....Respect and thankfulness must be shown...I had one fellow come over and I he was treated to drinks and dinner...I let him smoke freely and enjoy himself...There was an ashtray available - He chose to stick his cigarette butt into the pot of one of my prized plants................He has never entered my home again.

It's the little shows of disrespect that have to be caught. Are the parents of these children thankful for the care their kids receive through the hands of a host nation? If NOT - they can leave...

Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
Im pro illegal inmigrants, they come here looking for a better life and i find nothing wrong with that. And they are cheap labor.
What's wrong with your thinking is that we have immigration laws for good reasons and that is so we have jobs and resources to support our own citizens first and foremost. No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and causing harm to others. They are only cheap, profitable labor to the greedy employers who hire them. The rest of us carry the load of higher taxes to cover their social costs not to mention the loss of jobs for Americans and added stress to our natural and social resources.

They need to fix their own countries if they want a better life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration