U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27524

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the article - "In California...82 percent of households headed by an illegal immigrant are on welfare, as are 61 percent of households headed by legal immigrants, according to the March 2011 Current Population Survey by the Center for Immigration Studies."

I don't understand this, how can illegal immigrants be eligible for taxpayer funded welfare?
There are 2 parts to welfare money..Fed and State.
Fed money can't be used for illegals but States are free expand and cover illegals with their money.
Several did.

That's how you get illegals on programs like medicaid.
The state pays for them.

That's why Boxer wants to nationalize CA's debt. They are paying for all this welfare for illegals out of their own pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 PM
 
Location: NY
12,263 posts, read 9,028,787 times
Reputation: 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are 2 parts to welfare money..Fed and State.
Fed money can't be used for illegals but States are free expand and cover illegals with their money.
Several did.

That's how you get illegals on programs like medicaid.
The state pays for them.

That's why Boxer wants to nationalize CA's debt. They are paying for all this welfare for illegals out of their own pockets.
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
Because repetition becomes "fact" if you broadcast it over and over.
People believe the CDC annual flu deaths as "fact". It's really a ballpark estimate using 30 year old data.

And only focus on the dreamies as well.
Forget the majority who are poor, uneducated and unskilled and cannot speak English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
9,833 posts, read 5,609,928 times
Reputation: 3399
Boxer has long been a raving loon, but her constituents are just as nutty... She keeps getting re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
And these same leftists bash Texas because we have so many poor.
We didn't expand to pay for illegals.

Nevertheless, 70% of illegals in Texas are on at least one welfare program (as of 2011) and qualify because of their US born children. And that is Fed money.
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011...ceive-welfare/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 03:57 PM
 
31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the article - "In California...82 percent of households headed by an illegal immigrant are on welfare, as are 61 percent of households headed by legal immigrants, according to the March 2011 Current Population Survey by the Center for Immigration Studies."

I don't understand this, how can illegal immigrants be eligible for taxpayer funded welfare?
They get welfare through their anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Alaska
6,307 posts, read 4,190,809 times
Reputation: 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- at least that liberal admits that the illegals are not positively contributing to the economy and are in fact need taxpayer funded free health care.

The only question is exactly why does she think we need to bring in millions of uninsured people who can't afford to pay their own way on anything.
We just had 52 people take their oath of citizenship this week. It was a proud day for them and we are lucky to have folks who work through the system and do the right thing. What does giving 11 million law breakers citizenship say to these folks?


In my opinion everyone if them young and old should be sent packing. I don't care If they were born here or not. If you want citizenship go through the process like these 52 and the millions before them. If you broke the law to get into this country you should be tossed out on your a$$ period. In fact, we should confiscate what they have before tossing them and pay down some of the state debt we incurred to take care of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
That's non-sequitur. Go back and reread what I actually wrote without making assumptions because it didn't match what you wanted to read.

Why should I do that in a thread about immigration? If you're not aware of the recent history of our nation to understand the context of some explanations I provided with regard to why I projected a specific perspective with regard to the actual subject of this thread, then send me a direct message asking for assistance in coming up to speed on those details, and if I have enough time, I'll be happy to help you. Don't derail the thread itself.
I respectfully asked a simple question in response to your post. Either you have specific examples or you don't. You made a blanket statement with no supporting evidence. I derail nothing I asked a specific question in regard to your statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
We just had 52 people take their oath of citizenship this week. It was a proud day for them and we are lucky to have folks who work through the system and do the right thing. What does giving 11 million law breakers citizenship say to these folks?


In my opinion everyone if them young and old should be sent packing. I don't care If they were born here or not. If you want citizenship go through the process like these 52 and the millions before them. If you broke the law to get into this country you should be tossed out on your a$$ period. In fact, we should confiscate what they have before tossing them and pay down some of the state debt we incurred to take care of them.
And --- we could have many more legal immigrants if the immigration laws were enforced. If employers didn't have such and easy time bringing in illegals to unfairly compete with honest employers, more would have to sponsor immigrants legally.

Business A orders up semi-trailers filled with illegals eager to work for $4 an hour with no benefits, no work visa expense of any kind. Business B provides H1B visas and honest legal wages, even paying overtime and providing health insurance.

Of course Business A profits very nicely by much lower labor costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:20 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
And close to 100% of anchor babies bring in foodstamps, WIC coupons, and even government housing, virtually 100% of births to anchor babies are to Medicaid and all the following pediatric care.

Even if they wanted to pay for their own health care here, they cannot afford the costs of it. It's difficult enough for Americans with college educations to support a family here, illegals with no more than a 3rd grade education in a foreign language cannot afford hospitals here.

Some conveniently consider the only welfare program is TANF, the cash handout program that is one of the only welfare programs the illegals don't get for their children. They ignore that most are on Medicaid, food stamps, free meals at schools and much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top