Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times

Advertisements

At the end of the day who would you prefer to enter your home? Someone you invited or someone who sneaks in through the back door?
Who do you want for a neighbor? Someone who respects laws and follows the rules or someone who feels laws are to be obeyed as long as they don't interfere with their own needs?
Who do you want shopping in your store, eating at the table next to you? The person who has gone through biometrics, heath screening and uses their own ID or someone who may never have had immunizations in their life, used anothers ID to cheat and commit fraud and maybe smuggled some drugs to pay off a coyote?
The choices are not difficult. Baxter would have us accept these illegals as equals to legal immigrants and ourselves. She would have us pay more taxes, sacrifice and do with less. She can afford to do this. They won't be her next door neighbor,they won't be a burden upon her. These elitists are great at letting the rest of us suck it up, letting the rest of us deal with the consequences of their generosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 PM

7,449 posts, read 5,716,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And --- we could have many more legal immigrants if the immigration laws were enforced. If employers didn't have such and easy time bringing in illegals to unfairly compete with honest employers, more would have to sponsor immigrants legally.

Business A orders up semi-trailers filled with illegals eager to work for $4 an hour with no benefits, no work visa expense of any kind. Business B provides H1B visas and honest legal wages, even paying overtime and providing health insurance.

Of course Business A profits very nicely by much lower labor costs.
What has me stunned is that the union's fat cats think they are going to enroll these law breakers and take their money for nothing in return.

We are going to have 11 million life sucking leeches on our hands..

Sad part is, the elite moonbats that want this to happen won't suffer. They have enough money it won't matter. It's the hard working blue collar family whose mom wants or has to work to make extra. The average American family is going to suffer.

No country in the world let's leeches cross their borders and suck the live blood out of entitlement benefits like the moonbats are allowing. What's worse conservatives are worrying about 8% of the vote and it shouldn't even be about voting.. It's about the law and what's right and wrong.

Screw both parties.. I'm not voting for another incumbent conservative or moonbat until they are all gone and new blood is in there that figures out they work for the American people.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:39 PM

7,449 posts, read 5,716,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
Nancy Pelosi says, ‘Unemployment checks are the fastest way to create jobs’

Representative Nancy Pelosi's Record On Immigration Reform And Illegal Aliens

Quote:
Representative Nancy Pelosi has voted in favor of giving illegal aliens further rewards and other incentives to come such as in-state tuition, educational benefits, welfare and health care services.

She has serious mental problems but then again look at her district..

Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
At the end of the day who would you prefer to enter your home? Someone you invited or someone who sneaks in through the back door?
Who do you want for a neighbor? Someone who respects laws and follows the rules or someone who feels laws are to be obeyed as long as they don't interfere with their own needs?
Who do you want shopping in your store, eating at the table next to you? The person who has gone through biometrics, heath screening and uses their own ID or someone who may never have had immunizations in their life, used anothers ID to cheat and commit fraud and maybe smuggled some drugs to pay off a coyote?
The choices are not difficult. Baxter would have us accept these illegals as equals to legal immigrants and ourselves. She would have us pay more taxes, sacrifice and do with less. She can afford to do this. They won't be her next door neighbor,they won't be a burden upon her. These elitists are great at letting the rest of us suck it up, letting the rest of us deal with the consequences of their generosity.
Well if the government gets their way you better leave that back door unlocked and have dinner ready and on the table when they get there.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,680,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
In short, you make pompous statements then don't back them up.
Aww are you upset that I called you out on non-sequitur comments that you liked, that you feel you need to snap back with another vacuous retort? I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. Incidentally: If you have something to say, you actually can just say it, instead of cravenly trying to hide your politics behind dishonest inquiry. If you claim ignorance, then own ignorance. If you're unwilling to own ignorance, then don't project it. It's all very simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The OP's link is a far right wing propaganda piece.
Which is what many right-wing reactionaries rely on instead of news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
God forbid you go to google to verify.
You're missing the point. Of course there is a kernel of truth inside the radically partisan nonsense that was spewed. All the best lies are hidden within truth. And remember, I myself don't support Boxer's perspectives on immigration. But if you choose to post inanely partisan hyperbole, then be prepared to be called out on it. If I wanted to project a comment about something dear to my heart (let's say, economic inequality [among citizens!]) and I had a choice of quoting HuffPost or Associated Press, I would quote the latter. It's just simple logic to present the most centrally grounded source for the information you're trying to communicate.

Quote:
I don't understand this, how can illegal immigrants be eligible for taxpayer funded welfare?
This is a state's rights issue - a Republican Party plank, incidentally. I doubt the GOP is happy when their own political perspectives are used to support policies that they otherwise object to.

Quote:
I just checked out stats for New York and discovered 61% of illegals here are on welfare. Makes you wonder why we are constantly being told that illegal aliens are a benefit to our economy.
Your comment is non-sequitur. You probably wanted to present data showing some high percentage of illegals don't work. I don't know if that is or isn't the case (it probably isn't true, which is unfortunate for the point you were trying to make), but it isn't what those statistics you referred to say. Those statistics could simply indicate that illegal immigrants are simply doing all the crap work that pays so little that there is no way to survive on such low levels of income. That could benefit our economy by keeping food on our tables without having to pay living wages to the folks working the fields. The only losers in that scenario are those folks who are paid slave wages for their work, and those who cannot get living wage jobs doing that work, because that work is given to folks who are willing to work for slave wages instead.

Last edited by bUU; 06-17-2013 at 05:28 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 AM

18,764 posts, read 18,054,457 times
Both political parties are ignoring the legal and legalized citizens of our Country. We used to hear about our homeless. We used to hear about our working poor. Today we only here about those poor people that only broke, at least, several of our laws. They all want us to feel sorry for lawbreakers. They want us to open up our pockets.

I just think that we should have an even playing field. If the law does not count; then let all of us ignore laws (like income tax). It is only fair. Perhaps our politicians would like to personally pay for all of us – they could start off with their own salaries (since they are obviously not working for us).

I seriously doubt that Boxer personally cares about the illegal immigrants. I think the politicians are all in it for their own personal gain – money and power.

When all the talk about amnesty first started; wasn't border security at the top of the list? When did we get so many bipartisan votes for no security? If this is what they truly want; why do we have a military? Why are we fighting any wars if we are not going to protect our own border?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Both political parties are ignoring the legal and legalized citizens of our Country. We used to hear about our homeless. We used to hear about our working poor. Today we only here about those poor people that only broke, at least, several of our laws.
Please explain what law or laws Glenda Bell broke. Is there a law against hard work, or generosity of spirit?

We, who care, say lots about economic inequality that has nothing to do with immigration. If you're not hearing us, then we need to talk louder, I suppose.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,428,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
How about if we pat them on the head while we tell them to go home?
We could even pack them a box lunch.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 AM

18,764 posts, read 18,054,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Please explain what law or laws Glenda Bell broke. Is there a law against hard work, or generosity of spirit?

We, who care, say lots about economic inequality that has nothing to do with immigration. If you're not hearing us, then we need to talk louder, I suppose.
I followed your link and I still don't know who you are talking about. What I do know is that we want to reward people that broke many of our laws. We also want to group all of these lawbreaker together – to turn a blind eye to their past in both our Country and their native country.

To me economic equality means that we all play by the same rules. Not one of our politicians is proposing the elimination of all laws protecting our borders – we do have to worry (I think) about terrorist. Many taxpayers would not like to pay taxes – it would only be fair if our politicians forgave all delinquent taxpayers – with them; it wasn't even a felony (it was just about money). I am sure that somewhere we could find a great example of a downtrodden taxpayer.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM
bUU

Quote:
I followed your link and I still don't know who you are talking about.
Maybe you don't remember what you wrote. I'll remind you:
Quote:
Both political parties are ignoring the legal and legalized citizens of our Country. We used to hear about our homeless. We used to hear about our working poor. Today we only here about those poor people that only broke, at least, several of our laws.
Understand the point now?

Quote:
What I do know is that we want to reward people that broke many of our laws.
There isn't a single person I know of who wants to, specifically, "reward" people that broke laws. So no matter how you slice it your comment is faulty in some substantive way. At best, it mischaracterizes what those folks you're referring to actually want. At worst, its patently partisan clap-trap. You cannot claim to bemoan the fact that people aren't focused on compassionate concern for others when in reality they are, and you're simply choosing to view their actions in some other manner, simply to cast it in a negative light so you don't have to admit their more honorable intention.

Quote:
We also want to group all of these lawbreaker together – to turn a blind eye to their past in both our Country and their native country.
There's enough blame to go around to preclude anyone from casting any aspersions on anyone else. There is no escaping, for example, the culpability of each and every American citizen with regard to how a significant amount of the food we consume is the product of the scurrilous exploitation of desperate illegal immigrant farm workers. Accessories to the offense, perhaps, but still culpable.

Quote:
To me economic equality means that we all play by the same rules.
Then you're deliberately choosing a partisan and patently immoral perspective imho. Economic equality means that we all have equal opportunity to improve our lot in life and an equal opportunity to achieve a reasonable level of self-sufficiency with regard to the basics of life. The difference afforded one person versus the other with regard to capitalizing on the contacts and resources they have that other people don't have would therefore be relegated to relative levels of comfort and luxury above and beyond basic essentials, with that basic level readily attainable by anyone willing to work to the best of their ability and capability, regardless of whether they're lucky (which increasingly is becoming a minimum requirement for self-sufficiency among the working poor) or unlucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration