Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
But what if you do catch a deadly unknown exotic bug from?
I'm sure the American hospitals are highly advanced and expect for them to give me a full recovery. I've been around illegals all my 17 years of life. Not once have I been deathly ill. Hell, my mom USED to be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 AM

377 posts, read 684,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm sure the American hospitals are highly advanced and expect for them to give me a full recovery. I've been around illegals all my 17 years of life. Not once have I been deathly ill. Hell, my mom USED to be illegal.
And what if there is no cure...?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
What if your american hospital can't get you a bed b/c they are all taken by illegals?

Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
HOSPITAL TO THE WORLD WELCOMES ILLEGALS & CONTAGIOUS DISEASES

Dr. Madeleine Cosman, Ph.D., ESQ
April 25, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

Illegal aliens cross America’s borders medically unexamined. We shrug. We do not know what Illegal Aliens carry in their backpacks. We do not know what they carry in their bodies.

Long ago we knew what legal immigrants brought with them. When my grandpa came to America, he kissed the ground of New York’s Ellis Island, then he stripped naked and coughed hard. Every legal immigrant before 1924 was examined for infectious diseases upon arrival and tested for tuberculosis. Anyone infected was shipped back to the old country. That was powerful incentive for each newcomer to make heroic efforts to appear healthy.

Today, legal immigrants must demonstrate that they are free of communicable diseases and drug addiction to qualify for lawful permanent residency Green Cards.

But Illegal Aliens stop at no medical checkpoint. Whoever walks through our foolishly open Golden Door comes in healthy or sick. If a border patrol sentry catches a healthy Illegal Alien he might be sent back home immediately. However, if we catch and detain a sick Illegal Alien, who after examination by physicians in a detention center proves to have a serious disease, we keep him! Foolish compassion makes us fear that his home country has neither adequate medical resources nor modern wonder drugs. So we release sick Illegal Aliens to the American streets, to infect others if their diseases are contagious, or we place them in our Medicaid program where we pay for their expensive treatments.

The Rest of the Story Here:

Madeleine Cosman -- Hospital to the World Welcomes Illegal Aliens & Contagious Diseases

More about Dr. Cosman:

VDARE.com: 03/15/05 - Immigration: “We must not misconstrue generosity with surrender.” - Madeleine Cosman

Chagas outbreak in Los Angeles:

Latin American scourge turning up in U.S. immigrants / In L.A., nation's first clinic opens to treat deadly insect-borne Chagas disease

Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
That explains a few things.
Once again, I encourage you to stop and THINK before you post. IMO, fewer well thought out posts would make your case, whatever it is, far more effectively.
The effect illegal immigrants have had on the US health care system has been gone over time and time again. The fact that they are not screened for diseases like legal immigrants and refugees are has also been discussed at length.
I am not going to waste my time explaining these very basic concepts to you. IMO, your nonstop posting of messages devoid of any actual thought borders on trolling.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Besides all the communicable disease they bring, they are also plagued with the chronic diseases, high blood pressure, heart disease, liver disease, diabetes, arthritis, alcoholism/drugs, etc. And so continuously using up OUR U.S. healthcare dollars as well. Taking from the poor and giving to the poorer....

Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Besides all the communicable disease they bring, they are also plagued with the chronic diseases, high blood pressure, heart disease, liver disease, diabetes, arthritis, alcoholism/drugs, etc. And so continuously using up OUR U.S. healthcare dollars as well. Taking from the poor and giving to the poorer....
Yeah right! Most of those are diseases that afflict older folks - not the young people sneaking in. How many old geezers have you seen hobbling across the border?

Yet another example of the many irrational and overly emotional posts that are placed with little or no logical merit.

LOL

Ken

Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
I would consider 30s and 40s to be "younger" folks, and yes they are coming across. And yes, they do have the "old folks" chronic diseases at these ages, is very sad to see. I know whereof I speak.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah right! Most of those are diseases that afflict older folks - not the young people sneaking in. How many old geezers have you seen hobbling across the border?

Yet another example of the many irrational and overly emotional posts that are placed with little or no logical merit.

LOL

Ken
First of all, enough with the insults. Thus far no one who has responded to your posts has called you names or cast negative aspersions on your character. The fact that you feel the need to insult anyone who does not agree with you reflects poorly on you.
High blood pressure, heart disease, liver disease, diabetes, arthritis frequently manifest themselves in middle age. These are not diseases that affect only the elderly. Alcoholism and drug dependancy can affect people of any age. I believe around 40% of illegal aliens are visa overstays which does not require climbing a fence.
When an illegal alien shows up in an ER with problems related to any of these conditions, the hospital is required by law (EMTALA) to treat them irregardless of immigration status. If it is determined that the illegal alien's condition should be treated in the hospital, they are admitted. Very few illegal immigrants have health insurance, and due to the fact that they are in the country illegally it can be very difficult to track them down and attempt to collect payment, or even partial payment of the bill. When an illegal skips out on the bill, the hospital then ends up having to write off the unpaid expense. This can only go on for so long until the hospital begins to feel the effects of the financial losses.
If you think that people with serious health problems do not come here illegally specifically to take advantage of the US you are wrong. Kidney dialysis costs around $30,000 per year. If 10 people with ESRD on dialysis enter the US illegally or overstay a visa- you do the math.
You should familiarize yourself with the impact unreimbursed care provide to illegal aliens has on the US health care system prior to declaring that a post concerning the issue has 'little or no logical merit'.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

LOL

Ken
Sadly, Hispanics (and blacks and east Indians) are more likely to develop hypertension and diabetes than whites, and it shows up younger in them.

I have a Hispanic friend who has never been overweight a day in her life...she's 35...and was just recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. Geezer my foot. She's not illegal; her family has been in Texas for 150 years...but she suffers from the same genetic predispositions to the disease that many of our illegal guests do.

Also...have you not seen the skyrocketing rate of type II and hypertension diagnoses in children under the age of 12?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration