U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 PM

376 posts, read 612,052 times

Advertisements

Because illegal immigrants, unlike those who are legally admitted for permanent residence, undergo no medical screening to assure that they are not bearing contagious diseases, the rapidly swelling population of illegal aliens in our country has also set off a resurgence of contagious diseases that had been totally or nearly eradicated by our public health system.

According to Dr. Laurence Nickey, director of the El Paso heath district “Contagious diseases that are generally considered to have been controlled in the United States are readily evident along the border ... The incidence of tuberculosis in El Paso County is twice that of the U.S. rate. Dr. Nickey also states that leprosy, which is considered by most Americans to be a disease of the Third World, is readily evident along the U.S.-Mexico border and that dysentery is several times the U.S. rate ... People have come to the border for economic opportunities, but the necessary sewage treatment facilities, public water systems, environmental enforcement, and medical care have not been made available to them, causing a severe risk to health and well being of people on both sides of the border.

The pork tapeworm, which thrives in Latin America and Mexico, is showing up along the U.S. border, threatening to ravage victims with symptoms ranging from seizures to death. ... The same [Mexican] underclass has migrated north to find jobs on the border, bringing the parasite and the sickness—cysticercosis—its eggs can cause[.] Cysts that form around the larvae usually lodge in the brain and destroy tissue, causing hallucinations, speech and vision problems, severe headaches, strokes, epileptic seizures, and in rare cases death.

The problem, however, is not confined to the border region, as illegal immigrants have rapidly spread across the country into many new economic sectors such as food processing, construction, and hospitality services.
Typhoid struck Silver Spring, Maryland, in 1992 when an immigrant from the Third World (who had been working in food service in the United States for almost two years) transmitted the bacteria through food at the McDonald’s where she worked. River blindness, malaria, and guinea worm, have all been brought to Northern Virginia by immigration.

"By default, we grant health passes to illegal aliens. Yet many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease."
“What is unseen is their [illegal aliens’] free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America’s finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals are closing their doors.”

-- Madeleine Peiner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq. “Illegal Aliens and American Medicine,” Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Spring 2005
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,130,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
I have refused to eat at or order food from restaurants that I know hires Illegals.

Wow. Then it looks like you don't go out to eat at restaraunts much.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Or, at all. LOL! He must not know the food that he eats like the meat was probably handled by illegals.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I don’t know about the area people like you come from or your eating habits, but where I am we don’t hire or allow Illegals to work anywhere including restaurants or at food processing. Plus; we do most of our own cooking and enjoy doing so very much….. thank you…

Old 11-10-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I don’t know about the area people like you come from or your eating habits, but where I am we don’t hire or allow Illegals to work anywhere including restaurants or at food processing. Plus; we do most of our own cooking and enjoy doing so very much….. thank you…
Where are you from? Australia?

Old 11-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Or, at all. LOL! He must not know the food that he eats like the meat was probably handled by illegals.
MOD CUT , I know exactly when, where and by whom the food is handled by…

If only many people here in the U.S. can pull there heads out of there butts and stop living in illusion, then there will be better and safer America no question.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: don't express opinions about the poster

Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
, I know exactly when, where and by whom the food is handled by…

If only many people here in the U.S. can pull there heads out of there butts and stop living in illusion, then there will be better and safer America no question.
You don't think illegal labor is used in the packaging of food? You must not of heard about all the raids conducted by Homeland security.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-10-2007 at 04:30 PM..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:31 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
I know exactly when, where and by whom the food is handled by…
can you give us an example? do you have a link to the food processing plant webpage that gives us proof of all legal workers?

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-10-2007 at 04:30 PM..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
can you give us an example? do you have a link to the food processing plant webpage that gives us proof of all legal workers?
What makes you think the food I eat is handled by “ A Food Processing Plant”? If that's your question..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:54 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
What makes you think the food I eat is handled by “ A Food Processing Plant”?
if you are one of the few that grows everything they eat, i applaud you. if you eat out at all, though, its probable that somewhere down the line, an illegal has been involved in the food, be it on the farm, for the distribution company, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or