Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times

Advertisements

The Senate RINOs and other liberals are still pretending that the issue in the illegal-alien battles in Congress. is whether illegal aliens already here should get citizenship. But in fact, their bill would grant 20 million illegal aliens permanent residency in the U.S., which has been the illegal aliens' real goal all along.

The illegals knew from the start that, if they came or stayed in the U.S. illegally, they were throwing away any chance at citizenship.

And they came in anyway, by the millions. They didn't care about citizenship. They just wanted to be here.

Now Senate RINOs are saying that if they don't get certain provisions in the bill, they will withhold the "path to citizenship" it offers, as though that would discourage illegals from coming in.

Some of them also seem to be thinking that passing this instant-Amnesty bill will make Hispanics like them. Have they forgotten that, last time they voted in an Amesty bill, Hispanic support for Republicans went DOWN?

The number of things Republicans are getting wrong in this issue, is frightening.

I hope they will come out of their ivory tower, where they are disconnected from all reality, before it's too late.

Or get voted out of it.

-----------------------------------------------

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes' - The Hill's Video

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes'

By Erik Wasson - 06/16/13 10:54 AM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday predicted overwhelming congressional passage of an immigration reform bill.

“I think we are going to have a political breakthrough, that Congress is going to pass immigration reform,” Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press.

He said the Senate will give the reform bill — which currently has a path to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants — overwhelming support.

“I think we are going to get plus 70 votes,” he said. “I've never been more optimistic about it.”

Graham said passing the bill is a political necessity for the GOP.
“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.

The only way we can get back in the good graces of the Hispanic community, in my view is pass comprehensive immigration reform.”

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 06-17-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.

The only way we can get back in the good graces of the Hispanic community, in my view is pass comprehensive immigration reform.”
And there you have it...this bill is pure pandering to a demographic that the GOP is desperate to capture in order to win elections. This has nothing to do with what is best for the American people.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
They want voters. This is what it's all about..a huge voting bloc.

10 years, 5 years or instant citizenship.
The quicker they become citizens the quicker the parties can go into vote pandering mode.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
It makes you wonder what Obama was really speaking about when he went to Mexico City. Just like Cairo. He rabble roused and told them to come over.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:13 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times
Do we really want a new group of 20,000,000 residents in this country, whose only qualification is that they have deliberately violated U.S. law?

While keeping out the people who obeyed the law, submitted all the applications and forms, and have been waiting patiently in their country for years, for permission to enter?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Don't get me going here please. Over the weekend and this has pissed me off.

We were almost careemed and our truck smashed by two indiviudals drving a older buick or oldsmobile.

It was a three way street, with the left side being able to made a u-turn or go into a parking lot in O.C.C California.

We were in the process of making a left into the parking lot, when this car from the complete first lane, does not go when the light turned green, but suddenly ended up in front of us almost hitting us from the front. They were driving reckless. I was so sure we were going to be hit.

Cops across the St, saw what had happened. And the two guys tried to get away, they were going to try and make a u-turn, from the right side, barreling across into our lane.

They were caught, don't get me going here, we go. They were two illegal drivers, which pissed me off, because had they hit us, they did not have insurance. Cops knew i was pissed, don't hide my feelings, what i feel you know.

This is some of the stuff we have to put up with for ever, and the repercuations, is something out of a movie. If my husband did not have fast reflexes we would have been hit. Then the idiot in front of us, guns it, almost taking out our front end. In this moment but i am honest if i had a old old car or truck myself, would of liked to hit them. Just saying, for the moment. That makes me bad as these illegals.

We were both fuming, and the cop knew we were pissed. They were holding the pair, what happened to them after the fact, we are unaware of. Now if they had hit our truck, i would me pissed beyond control.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't get me going here please. Over the weekend and this has pissed me off.

We were almost careemed and our truck smashed by two indiviudals drving a older buick or oldsmobile.

It was a three way street, with the left side being able to made a u-turn or go into a parking lot in O.C.C California.

We were in the process of making a left into the parking lot, when this car from the complete first lane, does not go when the light turned green, but suddenly ended up in front of us almost hitting us from the front. They were driving reckless. I was so sure we were going to be hit.

Cops across the St, saw what had happened. And the two guys tried to get away, they were going to try and make a u-turn, from the right side, barreling across into our lane.

They were caught, don't get me going here, we go. They were two illegal drivers, which pissed me off, because had they hit us, they did not have insurance. Cops knew i was pissed, don't hide my feelings, what i feel you know.

This is some of the stuff we have to put up with for ever, and the repercuations, is something out of a movie. If my husband did not have fast reflexes we would have been hit. Then the idiot in front of us, guns it, almost taking out our front end. In this moment but i am honest if i had a old old car or truck myself, would of liked to hit them. Just saying, for the moment. That makes me bad as these illegals.

We were both fuming, and the cop knew we were pissed. They were holding the pair, what happened to them after the fact, we are unaware of. Now if they had hit our truck, i would me pissed beyond control.
They were illegal drivers or illegal immigrants?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It makes you wonder what Obama was really speaking about when he went to Mexico City. Just like Cairo. He rabble roused and told them to come over.
He was getting his orders from the Mexican government which desperately wants to be permanently rid of these millions of people.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Boehner said he won't permit the bill to come to the House floor unless a majority of Republicans support the bill.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM

62,913 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The Senate RINOs and other liberals are still pretending that the issue in the illegal-alien battles in Congress. is whether illegal aliens already here should get citizenship. But in fact, their bill would grant 20 million illegal aliens permanent residency in the U.S., which has been the illegal aliens' real goal all along.

The illegals knew from the start that, if they came or stayed in the U.S. illegally, they were throwing away any chance at citizenship.

And they came in anyway, by the millions. They didn't care about citizenship. They just wanted to be here.

Now Senate RINOs are saying that if they don't get certain provisions in the bill, they will withhold the "path to citizenship" it offers, as though that would discourage illegals from coming in.

Some of them also seem to be thinking that passing this instant-Amnesty bill will make Hispanics like them. Have they forgotten that, last time they voted in an Amesty bill, Hispanic support for Republicans went DOWN?

The number of things Republicans are getting wrong in this issue, is frightening.

I hope they will come out of their ivory tower, where they are disconnected from all reality, before it's too late.

Or get voted out of it.

-----------------------------------------------

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes' - The Hill's Video

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes'

By Erik Wasson - 06/16/13 10:54 AM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday predicted overwhelming congressional passage of an immigration reform bill.

“I think we are going to have a political breakthrough, that Congress is going to pass immigration reform,” Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press.

He said the Senate will give the reform bill — which currently has a path to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants — overwhelming support.

“I think we are going to get plus 70 votes,” he said. “I've never been more optimistic about it.”

In other words they think they should snub their noses at our immigration laws to appease a certain ethnic group who thinks they are above our laws? Is that what this country has come down to now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration