U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM

13,078 posts, read 21,238,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
With all due respect for SimpleMan,

Let's clean house on the common scapegoats of Illegal Immigrants.

1. They inadverdently take American jobs, they cross illegally to have a better job not so they can steal an American's job.

2. There's enough white, black, asian people who commit crimes. Your stereotyping illegal immigrants as committing more crime than other groups.

3. Again another inadvertent consequence of illegal immigration, which is not a crime.

4. Back to answer 2, there's always bad apples with the good apples. Many illegal immigrant families just want to work and have a better life in the United States, nothing more, nothing more.
They inadvertently take American jobs? You mean they might not be certain which country they are occupying (iilegally) and working in? Are you clear on the definition of inadvertent?

This isn't something where after they are "enlightened" to their errors, they can say, "Whoopsie, my bad!"

You're way off on your second point too. Any crime committed by an illegal, regardless of their race (you seem to be hung up on this being about race) would NEVER HAVE HAPPENED if they had stayed home, where they BELONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM

635 posts, read 1,563,174 times
Don'tH8Me,

Weren't you the one who started the local South Bay Website.

To answer your question:

When Julio tells Mama Rosa and Papa Jorge that he's going to the United Staes to find a better job. He doesn't tell them he's going so he can steal American people's jobs. He tells them he's going there because he wants to better support himself and send money to his family in Mexico to support them.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,645,907 times
Quote:
As a group, illegal immigrants have broken one law by crossing the border illegaly. It's a singular, not plural. It's not a big deal, there only people who want to work, it's not like there Al Qaeda.
JesisisLord, you seem to be a "nice guy"---but I have to nail you on this post. If they're ILLEGAL---meaning unchecked, uninvited, unknown as to their past history, or anything else...then how do you KNOW they "only want to work"?....how do you KNOW they "aren't al-Qaeda"? How do you know ANYTHING about them, since, by definition, they're "outside the system"?.

Common sense tells us the vast majority are simply looking for an improved lifestyle, of course. But they're still illegal, and they're still breaking the law.

MOST drunk drivers never hurt anyone at all...I'll bet it's less than 5% who actually "collide" with another vehicle. Nevertheless, we aggressively go after drunk drivers, and get them off the road. Not because the HAVE hurt others--but because the MIGHT.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Don'tH8Me,

To answer your question:

When Julio tells Mama Rosa and Papa Jorge that he's going to the United Staes to find a better job. He doesn't tell them he's going so he can steal American people's jobs. He tells them he's going there because he wants to better support himself and send money to his family in Mexico to support them.
I'm sorry, to what website are you referring to?

And to the other point - not all illegals in the US are Julio.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Don'tH8Me,

To answer your question:

Illegal aliens don't set out on their trip, to "Take away American jobs"....and neither do they go through all their difficulties so "Gringos can eat cheap lettuce"...both of these points are preposterous. Illegals are people who want to better themselves, and have decided to put their own interests ahead of a nation's laws. That's all the argument is, really... Most illegal-immigrant activists are unabashedly pro-Mexican. They don't care about the rights of illegal Filipinos, or illegal Bulgarians, or illegal Russians in the US. These groups care only for the welfare of Mexican illegals, ahead of American law...period.

It's like drunk drivers. Drunk drivers don't say "I think I'll get in my car, go out on the highway, and try to kill a family of five"..how silly. Drunk drivers aren't "evil"---they're just selfish. Drunk drivers put their own convenience ahead of the law, and the rights of other people on the road. They feel the law "doesn't apply to them", because somehow they're "special".

Illegal activists are the same way. American imigration law, they feel, should keep out everyone except Mexicans...because they're "special"....

Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Illegal aliens don't set out on their trip, to "Take away American jobs"....and neither do they go through all their difficulties so "Gringos can eat cheap lettuce"...both of these points are preposterous. Illegals are people who want to better themselves, and have decided to put their own interests ahead of a nation's laws. That's all the argument is, really... Most illegal-immigrant activists are unabashedly pro-Mexican. They don't care about the rights of illegal Filipinos, or illegal Bulgarians, or illegal Russians in the US. These groups care only for the welfare of Mexican illegals, ahead of American law...period.

It's like drunk drivers. Drunk drivers don't say "I think I'll get in my car, go out on the highway, and try to kill a family of five"..how silly. Drunk drivers aren't "evil"---they're just selfish. Drunk drivers put their own convenience ahead of the law, and the rights of other people on the road. They feel the law "doesn't apply to them", because somehow they're "special".

Illegal activists are the same way. American imigration law, they feel, should keep out everyone except Mexicans...because they're "special"....
Can't give you points, my 24 hour lockdown hasn't expired yet - but that is possibly the best explanation (and simplest to follow) that I have come across in this forum. Anyone who can't see or understand this is fooling themselves.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can't give you points, my 24 hour lockdown hasn't expired yet - but that is possibly the best explanation (and simplest to follow) that I have come across in this forum. Anyone who can't see or understand this is fooling themselves.
Thanks just the same---and don't worry, I DontH8 you...

Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 AM

635 posts, read 1,563,174 times
Macmeal,

While I humbly thank you for the compliment, I must say your the first person who has made a logical post not based on emotion. You are truly correct their are bad apples with illegal immigrants as with any group of people. There have always been people who have not respected laws and committed crimes, in all groups of life. Most people are coming to the United States for a better life, if they could come legally of course they would. But, because of their financial burden in their home country they are forced to come illegally. Most people would not leave their country, hometown, friends, and sometimes even family just to come and hang out or commit crimes. Most People don't enter illegaly without paying a couple thousand dollars to hang out or commit crimes. Most people don't leave their homeland in assurance they will be coming back. Which makes me think Macmeal, that most people come to the United States for a better job and better life. Yes, there are bad apples, but I believe there are alot of good apples. If they could be checked and come here legally don't you think they would, but that's why they don't get checked, is because they will be sent back or fear of being deported. I've to Tijuana, Mexico and trust me, if you lived there you would definently have second thought about crossing the border illegally. If the system was better, many poor illegal immigrants could be checked for criminal history, but thus damaging their attempt for a better job and better life in the United States.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM

9,070 posts, read 15,516,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

I do care about those illegal immigrants from other countries too, I care because I see them all getting away scott free living in safe havens in the inner city and protected under the not-hispanic crowd.

I used to live in NYC I know there are huge pockets of illegal Irish in Woodside, Queens. I remember Americans LOVING them Irish, they would come to local markets and be coddled, local irish pubs would laugh with illegals like nothing. Would a raid ever happen in Woodside? Doubt it, Irish culture is embraced in America.

But Mexicans...Brazilians...Puerto Ricans, Columbians..not so much love shown towards them in America. Even though this side of the world is a majority hispanic countries, America has a real issue getting along with it.

So yes in my eyes Mexicans or Hispanics in general, are special in a way that they are looked at as the enemy, much of the time due to ignorance of hispanic culture and because many hispanics that come here from neighboring countries are not well to do.

Last edited by Mach50; 11-06-2007 at 11:27 AM..

Old 11-06-2007, 11:42 AM

791 posts, read 1,984,662 times
Quote:
As a group, illegal immigrants have broken one law by crossing the border illegaly. It's a singular, not plural. It's not a big deal, there only people who want to work, it's not like there Al Qaeda.
Can you tell the difference between a Mexican and an Arab? On the border? At midnite? Thru nite vision goggles? If he's running?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration