Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
As a group, illegal immigrants have broken one law by crossing the border illegaly. It's a singular, not plural. It's not a big deal, there only people who want to work, it's not like there Al Qaeda.
And they are continually breaking the law as long as they remain.

No big deal? Tell you what. I'll break one law by pitching a tent on your front lawn and taking up residence. The police will refuse to remove me. When you ask me to leave, I'll refuse, and for good measure, I'll call you a racist and criticize your wife's cooking. No big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
And they are continually breaking the law as long as they remain.

No big deal? Tell you what. I'll break one law by pitching a tent on your front lawn and taking up residence. The police will refuse to remove me. When you ask me to leave, I'll refuse, and for good measure, I'll call you a racist and criticize your wife's cooking. No big deal.
Allowing people into this country "illegally" and now crying over spilled milk should be an offense against American and Mexican people who accepted it into their lives and let it become part of them.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,070 times
Jesusislord said:

Quote:
But, because of their financial burden in their home country they are forced to come illegally. Most people would not leave their country, hometown, friends, and sometimes even family just to come and hang out or commit crimes.
Quote:
Most People don't enter illegaly without paying a couple thousand dollars
I don't know how these people raise the money it takes to pay a smuggler to bring them here, sometimes even more than just a couple (2,000$) thousand $ Then why is it they can't come up with the money to survive in their own country? Do they in fact commit criminal acts in their countries to get these funds? Or do they work to earn it.
Just doe s not make sense to me Why they can't stay home.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I don't know how these people raise the money it takes to pay a smuggler to bring them here, sometimes even more than just a couple (2,000$) thousand $ Then why is it they can't come up with the money to survive in their own country? Do they in fact commit criminal acts in their countries to get these funds? Or do they work to earn it.
Just doe s not make sense to me Why they can't stay home.
when a smuggler is used, it is an investment with an immediate return: instant immigration, with instant opportunity. its like asking why, if someone can afford college, they dont just save the money and live off of that?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Illegal aliens are terrorists.
That's too funny dude! You shouldn't plan on movin to California, we have alot of terrorists.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Illegal aliens are terrorists. They kill more Americans that al quada has.
Where were you before 9/11? We could have used your help.

However! The Terrorist themselves applied for and received Visas after they already crashed the planes..so I guess they were legal and therefore posed no problem to your keen illegals are terrorists instinct.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No big deal? Tell you what. I'll break one law by pitching a tent on your front lawn and taking up residence..
Yeah I couldn't agree more, I've told the illegals that only ten can stay on my front yard and five in the back. That's the maximum occupancy level of my property. LOL!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Posted by' Willys, Can you tell the difference between a Mexican and an Arab? On the border? At midnite? Thru nite vision goggles? If he's running?
If you're from Mississippi, you've never seen an Arab person. LOL!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
bad analogy. there is nothing positive about drunk driving. immigration does carry many positives with it.
Drunk drivers usually don't physically hurt anyone. They are just drivers who are driving illegally. Shoplifters don't hurt anybody---they just take merchandise without stopping to pay for it. People who steal towels from motel rooms don't hurt anyone--they just want a free towel. Illegal immigrants don't usually physically hurt anybody. They are just immigrants who skip the legal process of entering the country..

ALL of these people, though, are in violation of the law. ALL of them are subject to prosecution.

As you say, Immigration does carry many positives with it---as long as it's legal.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
This woman just OOZES class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration