U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-14-2009, 09:07 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,109,946 times
Reputation: 1815

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, "we the people" are not the government. They haven't represented our interests for some time now. If so, they would have secured our borders and wouldn't be talking about rewarding those here illegally who have raped "we the people". We the people are not corrupt business owners who have hired these people either. You do know the difference between a regular Joe and the elites, don't you? Well regular Joe is "we the people". You are correct though it is the corruption in our government and these elite business people who are embracing the Latino culture by printing everything in Spanish to accomodate the illegal ones and other PC pandering crap, not "we the people".

The only thing that "we the people" are embracing in Latino culture is some of their ethnic food. I don't know of any other part of the Latino culture that "we the people" are embracing. It is no different than enjoying Chinese, German or Italian food. I hope you get it now.
I get what you're saying...and I agree with it. But I think I was speaking in more literal terms. But I get your gist and I agree. Politicians havent represented the people in coming upon at least a decade now. Actually politicians and corporate gluttons have betrayed the people at every turn they make (see: Bank Of America)

 
Old 11-14-2009, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 320,156 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, "we the people" are not the government. They haven't represented our interests for some time now. If so, they would have secured our borders and wouldn't be talking about rewarding those here illegally who have raped "we the people". We the people are not corrupt business owners who have hired these people either. You do know the difference between a regular Joe and the elites, don't you? Well regular Joe is "we the people". You are correct though it is the corruption in our government and these elite business people who are embracing the Latino culture by printing everything in Spanish to accomodate the illegal ones and other PC pandering crap, not "we the people".

The only thing that "we the people" are embracing in Latino culture is some of their ethnic food. I don't know of any other part of the Latino culture that "we the people" are embracing. It is no different than enjoying Chinese, German or Italian food. I hope you get it now.
Food..how about Latin dance and music. Hello, Dancing with the stars is a huge hit with all it's Latin Dance moves...Rumba, Samba, Salsa, Tango, Lambada, Paso Doble. The food is awesome..and you men love hot Latin ladies (Eva Langoria, Eva Mendes) and the women love a Latin hunk (Mario Lopez, Ricky Martin). Just YOU only eat tacos, doesn't mean we don't like our Latin Culture...papa.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:27 AM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,166 posts, read 11,754,489 times
Reputation: 3456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There is some truth to what you stated.

Although; I doubt that being 'Hispanic' as such is the issue..............it could be a bunch of Anglos i.e. Russians here illegally

You are absolutely right..when caucasian first came to the
America's they broke the Laws Of The Land by going into
Indian Territory against the Law Of The Country (The United
State of America)just like the Latino's are doing today.....

instead which would raise peoples' hackles with their demands that we accommodate them.

It was the caucasian who moved into Native American
Territory and when Attached "Called In The Calvary"
to back them up....
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,749,315 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
It was the caucasian who moved into Native American
Territory and when Attached "Called In The Calvary"
to back them up....
Which is neither here nor there. Stronger groups of Indians did that same thing to weaker groups of Indians yet somehow such history is covered up.

Face it: my 'White guilt' is dead and buried. That stated: I consider the descendents of the Navajo, Apache, Cherokee, etc. living here in the USA legally just as American as the rest of us. Illegal aliens irrespective of their race/ethnicity do not qualify-----------they are common criminals.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,208,419 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post

Food..how about Latin dance and music. Hello, Dancing with the stars is a huge hit with all it's Latin Dance moves...Rumba, Samba, Salsa, Tango, Lambada, Paso Doble. The food is awesome..and you men love hot Latin ladies (Eva Langoria, Eva Mendes) and the women love a Latin hunk (Mario Lopez, Ricky Martin). Just YOU only eat tacos, doesn't mean we don't like our Latin Culture...papa.
Only some non-hispanic Americans like all of those thiings. The majority don't relate to them and they certainly don't want to see this country Hispanicized to the point we lose our own basic culture. As for the food, I beg to differ. I like enchiladas but for the most part it is all the same. Rice, beans and tortilas. It is only in the southwest that the Hispanic culture is more prevalent. You won't find that in the rest of the country.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,112,559 times
Reputation: 2244
what basic culture?

just accept that "basic culture" in the US is an amalgam of various strands of immigration (and regional influences). you sound like the people who were against the germanization of the US (which never happened). or those who resented italians for their san genaro festival. all these strands dont diminsh who we are.

hispanics are adding to the culture of the US.

and... salsa overtook ketchup as the no. 1 condiment in the US a long time ago. ( i put my money behind "hot sauce" [the southern variety] ).
i dont think its some conspiracy to take over the US. its just what peoplel ike. its ALL over the country.

furthermore, latino food is more than rice beans and tortillas.

to say such a thing is as silly as saying "i love italian food, but all its just a bunch of pasta"

what intelligent individual would say something like that?

as for the OP and their q. as to what we think about illegal immigration...
i dont know ask the millions and millions of us.
WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Only some non-hispanic Americans like all of those thiings. The majority don't relate to them and they certainly don't want to see this country Hispanicized to the point we lose our own basic culture. As for the food, I beg to differ. I like enchiladas but for the most part it is all the same. Rice, beans and tortilas. It is only in the southwest that the Hispanic culture is more prevalent. You won't find that in the rest of the country.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,880,480 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what basic culture?

just accept that "basic culture" in the US is an amalgam of various strands of immigration (and regional influences). you sound like the people who were against the germanization of the US (which never happened). or those who resented italians for their san genaro festival. all these strands dont diminsh who we are.

hispanics are adding to the culture of the US.

and... salsa overtook ketchup as the no. 1 condiment in the US a long time ago. ( i put my money behind "hot sauce" [the southern variety] ).
i dont think its some conspiracy to take over the US. its just what peoplel ike. its ALL over the country.

furthermore, latino food is more than rice beans and tortillas.

to say such a thing is as silly as saying "i love italian food, but all its just a bunch of pasta"

what intelligent individual would say something like that?

as for the OP and their q. as to what we think about illegal immigration...
i dont know ask the millions and millions of us.
WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH
Hispanics, YES. Illegal Hispanics, NO.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,208,419 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what basic culture?

just accept that "basic culture" in the US is an amalgam of various strands of immigration (and regional influences). you sound like the people who were against the germanization of the US (which never happened). or those who resented italians for their san genaro festival. all these strands dont diminsh who we are.

hispanics are adding to the culture of the US.

and... salsa overtook ketchup as the no. 1 condiment in the US a long time ago. ( i put my money behind "hot sauce" [the southern variety] ).
i dont think its some conspiracy to take over the US. its just what peoplel ike. its ALL over the country.

furthermore, latino food is more than rice beans and tortillas.

to say such a thing is as silly as saying "i love italian food, but all its just a bunch of pasta"

what intelligent individual would say something like that?

as for the OP and their q. as to what we think about illegal immigration...
i dont know ask the millions and millions of us.
WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH
What culture? Well let's start with English as our national language. Those of you that hate the white anlgo culture that this country was founded on can remain in denial all you want but it is still the dominant and basic culture of this country. I'm not jealous or in denial that Mexico's culture is Hispanic and their national language is Spanish. That would be just plain dumb to deny the obvous.

Sure we enjoy some ethnic foods also but what has that to do with our basic culture? It doesn't change a thing. In many parts of the northeast they don't even know what salsa is. You do know there are many more states than just in the southwest, don't you?
 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,426,090 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hispanics, YES. Illegal Hispanics, NO.
They are not two different cultures. It's one and the same. The only difference is legality.
 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,880,480 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
They are not two different cultures. It's one and the same. The only difference is legality.
That’s a matter of opinion. Hispanic citizens, at least those I know, do not behave like Hispanic illegal aliens. The Hispanics I know, are fully assimilated, educated, and would not consider violating our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top