U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Nah we wouldnt both be unoriginal..I was the originator, you the impersonator...which is flattering, but uneccesary, and of course most importantly unoriginal...lol

But Im sure you not only think I appear stupid online..but what you will find even more flabergasting is that your own inability to comprehend simple english betrays your sad desire to appear intelligent..... learn to read, then maybe Ill care about who all you think "appears stupid"..lol

But do I find it flattering that you think Im trying to be pseudo intellectual...lol...Im glad you think Im trying to seem intellectual. I guess it would appear that way to an imbecilic simpleton...But take my word for it, I was just speaking simple common sense. But dont worry, while it has obviously been incomprehensible to you at the moment, you'll begin to comprehend it once you become a grown up ...lol..Ok ok, Ill quit with the jokes.

But whats funny, is that you still havent addressed the fact that you downright misread/couldnt comprehend what I wrote, yet you pretend to try to engage in a logical debate about "geopolitics"..lol gtfoh Why should I care about what you think about my "understanding of geopolitics" or any of your other bs terms in your attempts to seem remotely perspicacious, when you could not even comprehend the most elementary of statements, which by your own concession, was over your head. (obviously, since you misread and miscomprehended it.) Really all that happened was that you got all fired up, and anxious to join a discussion for a little attention, and I got you a little flustered, and in your salivating effort to exploit what you thought was an uncompassionate statement, you foolishly forgot to actually imbibe what I truly said.

But yeah, move along kid, go play with blocks or something. You have no business trying to read and comprehend actual english. And take your "geopolitical understanding," which I guess is supposed to impress someone, with you bud.
If realizing that there is a GROWING socio-economic gap between illegal immigrants and legal residents (coupled with the fact that they are among the fastest growing communities in the US) and if realizing the unbalanced way production and natural resources are paid in relation to finished good not to mention various other things (IMF and World Bank reforms hurting nations) is of LESS concern than pressing 1...you should reevaluate how you look at the world.

These things are more important. But, you focus on the trivial with your extremely inarticulate, verbose, almost melodramatic style...

Actually Inglorious made a good point by stating that you really don't understand the geopolitics of how illegal immigration works.

Otherwise, you would have posted a less personal attack and more a response to address those points.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:17 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,088,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
If realizing that there is a GROWING socio-economic gap between illegal immigrants and legal residents (coupled with the fact that they are among the fastest growing communities in the US) and if realizing the unbalanced way production and natural resources are paid in relation to finished good not to mention various other things (IMF and World Bank reforms hurting nations) is of LESS concern than pressing 1...you should reevaluate how you look at the world.

These things are more important. But, you focus on the trivial with your extremely inarticulate, verbose, almost melodramatic style...

Actually Inglorious made a good point by stating that you really don't understand the geopolitics of how illegal immigration works.

Otherwise, you would have posted a less personal attack and more a response to address those points.
smh...He didnt even make a point, he just made an accusation...he simply accused me of not understanding geopolitics in hopes that I would diverge from the topic of this country's failure to implement an enforceable illegal immigration policy...thats all.

Whats sad, is that I truly dont even care about the geopolitical aspect as it relates to illegal immigration. Its not even a difficult concept.. You two act like thats some sort of groundbreaking, game changing concept that would alter the dynamic of illegal immigration in this country. Its truly not relevant enough for me to rationalize why it is not pertinent to enforcing our current domestic policies. That isnt our responsibility, and we provide more than our share of aid to underprivileged legal residents, illegal residents, and foreigners abroad for them to capitalize and live a legal and law abiding existence.

Now if you two want to continue to cherry pick pedantry like geopolitics, equal access to resources globally, and how the world economic stage will effect our labor imports, outsourcing etc., well then you two go ahead. All of that is not even relevant to any significant degree for this country to secure our borders and enforce the laws we already have.

And whats unfortunate, is that my point about phone call scripts wasnt even that we have to press 1. Both of you have extrapolated some insignificant part of my post that belies the actual point of it; which was that no other immigrant ethnic group is currently specifically catered to en masse with our consumer and taxpayer dollars.

If you take umbrage with my personal attacks or if you expect me to take you seriously with respect, then maybe both you and Inglorious should refrain from initiating personal insults and/or mockery yourselves. If you're mature enough to move away from them, and stick to the script, so too will I. But in that Inglorious decided initiate his interaction with me with insulting language, well that will just have to be how we speak to each other until he shows some intelligence, maturity and respect himself.

Last edited by solytaire; 11-21-2009 at 12:27 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 12:25 AM

Whats sad, is that I truly dont even care about the geopolitical aspect as it relates to illegal immigration. Its not even a difficult concept.. You two act like thats some sort of groundbreaking, game changing concept that would alter the dynamic of illegal immigration in this country. Its truly not relevant enough for me to rationalize why it is not pertinent to enforcing our current domestic policies.

That is sad, since it really is an integral part of the debate.

Now if you two want to continue to cherry pick pedantry like geopolitics, equal access to resources globally, and how the world economic stage will effect our labor imports, outsourcing etc., well then you two go ahead. All of that is not even relevant to any significant degree for this country to secure our borders and enforce the laws we already have.

Kind of is relevenat since you do have take those into consideration when making policy changes.

And whats sad is that my point about phone call scripts wasnt even that we have to press 1. Both of you have extrapolated some insignificant part of my post that belies the actual point of it; which was that no other immigrant ethnic group is specifically catered to by our current consumer and taxpayer dollars.

You posted on here several times concerning that. Pressing 1 actually has nothing to do with illegal immigration BTW, but it is telling on how you view this debate.

If you take umbrage with my personal attacks or if you expect me to take you seriously with respect, then maybe both you and Inglorious should refrain from initiating personal insults and/or mockery yourselves. If you're mature enough to move away from them, and stick to the script, so too will I. But in that Inglorious decided initiate his interaction with me with insulting language, well that will just have to be how we speak to each other until he shows some intelligence, maturity and respect himself.

You actually started that one. Reading rainbow to Inglorious, calling me a drunkard essentially (without even knowing any part of the situation), calling Inglorious a child (without knowing age). Insulting language? Saying that you may have missed the point is not an insult. It did look as if you missed the point. Instead of stating "No, I understand I feel that geopolitics aren't important" you went on to post insults. See the difference?

Old 11-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:

That is sad, since it really is an integral part of the debate.

I know its sad. Thats why I said it was. Its sad you two would want to create such a diversion, because it isnt even intrinsic to this nation's role in illegal immigration policy.

Kind of is relevenat since you do have take those into consideration when making policy changes.

lol...you two are hilarious...I dont even have to say it but I will. If you actually read what I wrote, I didnt even say we shouldnt consider them. I said we shouldnt prioritize it over the literal act of securing our borders and ensuring this nation's safety. But believe what you want. .

You posted on here several times concerning that. Pressing 1 actually has nothing to do with illegal immigration BTW, but it is telling on how you view this debate.

Um no I didnt, I posted twice, in response to another poster's concerns about "pressing 2"...for english. I then sarcastically remarked that "Actually you must press 1"...and thats when you interjected, replying to my response to another poster with some combative, satirical phrase about "and your point is? who cares" etc. So, anyway, the very fact that you use that as the barometer of how someone "views the debate" is telling of your own mentally myopic outlook on the subject...smh.

You actually started that one. Reading rainbow to Inglorious, calling me a drunkard essentially (without even knowing any part of the situation), calling Inglorious a child (without knowing age). Insulting language? Saying that you may have missed the point is not an insult. It did look as if you missed the point. Instead of stating "No, I understand I feel that geopolitics aren't important" you went on to post insults. See the difference?
What?...lol...A) you're the one who mocked MY post, and assumed I needed to reread your post in order to understand why you were being dismissive of it....Not only that, but after not even actually reading what my post actually stated, Inglorious interrupted a conversation I was having with Benicar, replying with approximately 3 posts. The first of which was somewhat nonsensical (go back and read it) so I ignored it. The third of which he accused me of not being able to understand "geopolitics" simply because I didnt indulge your and his cherry picked proclamation of geopolitics/globalism as an intrinsic part of the debate on illegal immigration.

I never called him stupid, or implied that his intelligence was less than apt, untill HE implied that I had allowed your posts to "fly over my head", and accused me of not having a grasp on the geopolitical landscape as it (does not significantly) effects illegal immigration. If you think I attacked him first, well, thats sheer selective reasoning and partisanship on your behalf....you're more than welcome to do so, but in no way can you accuse me of attacking or insulting, or hell, even addressing him first. So like I said, Im sure he will retort with some impotent insult to me eventually and so the cycle WILL continue, until he ends what he started..call it what you want.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I'm back, sorry a little pre party prior to my friend's aunt's funeral. Sounds wrong, but it was mostly trying to cheer up my friend and have a beer before being sober as the driver. The night ended badly, so back early. But you like to assume and not fully understand situations...that's why you post in the manner you do.

Have to say that you obviously didn't get the joke. Calling people immature in such a manner shows a lack of maturity on your part. Do you even know his or her age? Considering that you didn't even try to defend your stance. I just have to say that being verbose isn't helping your stance.

Realizing that there are many economic and political forces isn't prioritizing. Rectifying the situation is also not prioritizing the needs of others before our needs. Yet you don't seem to understand that point.

Maybe you should learn what geopolitical forces are at work, how economics work in this situation. You sound as if you are merely trying to sound educated without actually WANTING to learn.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

No you're not wrong, I dont want to learn from you...someone here would actually have to have knowledge worth learning for me to want to learn it. And I do attempt to sound educated. Am I supposed to attempt to sound stupid? Am I supposed to try to sound like some expert by trying to casually mention "geopolitics" and social models in every other sentence etc? I guess thats supposed to pass for sounding educated..?..lol Unfortunately those topics, in this discussion, dont signal education nor intelligence either, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe you should learn which domestic policies have been breached in our refusal to enforce immigration policy.. BTW, Who's being verbose, other than yourself?...lol. My use of simple clear english isnt something you should feel threatened nor offended by. If it is, well thats you're problem, and you should invest in a thesaurus.

But truthfully I have no stance to defend. My stance is what it is. I am anti illegal immigration, with no tolerance for all of the hogwash excuses and diversions, and I advocate the enforcement of our immigration policy. What is there to defend about that? Oh hold on, I dont want to seem "intelligent/educated", let me dumb it down and make it elementary for you. "I dont wanna have folx comin here without being documented. And I want our elected officials to enforce our existing laws".

Now if that sounded overly verbose or verbally intimidating to you, lol, well then maybe it is you who should reconsider your own lacking desire to learn a few new things. I realize you would like to get into some squabbling match about your arbitrarily selected focus on the impact of "geopolitics". Most likely you're itching to babble about the geopolitical "model" that you just learned about in class. You can either disregard my comments, or accept the fact that geopolitics arent an intrinsic aspect of preventing illegal immigration imo. And likewise, you can spare me the feigned attempts to construct some faux psychological analysis of me, based on my chosen verbage...It only makes you sound like some passive aggressive dilettante quack... just say what you really want to say to me...I can take it..lol

But keep doing what you do and dont let all of these 2 and 3 syllable words confuse you...lol ...Just so you know, whenever you're ready to stop with the passive aggressive personal insults yourself, just let me know, and we can both grow up. oh and in patterning my responses after your own, as a passive aggressive afterthought I would like to add: "but hopefully Im wrong"..

Last edited by solytaire; 11-21-2009 at 01:55 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 02:03 AM

No you're not wrong, I dont want to learn from you...someone here would actually have to have knowledge worth learning for me to want to learn it. And I do attempt to sound educated. Am I supposed to attempt to sound stupid? Am I supposed to try to sound like some expert by trying casually mention "geopolitics" and social models in every other sentence etc? Unfortunately those topics in this discussion dont signal education nor intelligence either, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe you should learn which domestic policies have been breached in our refusal to enforce immigration policy.. BTW, Who's being verbose, other than yourself?...lol. My use of simple clear english isnt something you should feel threatened nor offended by. If it is, well thats you're problem, and you should invest in a thesaurus.

Again attempt is the key word. I'm not being verbose. Not threatened, nor offended. Simply pointing out your style of writing. You seem rather edgy.

But truthfully I have no stance to defend. My stance is what it is. I am anti illegal immigration, with no tolerance for all of the hogwash excuses, and I advocate the enforcement of our immigration policy. What is there to defend about that? Oh hold on, I dont want to seem "intelligent/educated", let me dumb it down and make it elementary for you. "I dont wanna have folx comin here without being documented. And I want our elected officials to enforce our existing laws".

You seem as if you try too hard. No substance with your posts, just a facade. An illusion hidden under the large words you liberally use.

Now if that sounded overly verbose or verbally intimidating to you, lol, well then maybe it is you who should reconsider your own desire to learn a few new things. I realize you would like to get into some squabbling match about your arbitrarily selected focus on the impact of "geopolitics". Most likely you're itching to babble about the geopolitical "model" that you just learned about in class. You can either disregard my comments, or accept the fact that geopolitics arent an intrinsic aspect of preventing illegal immigration imo. And likewise, you can spare me the feigned attempts to construct some faux psychological analysis of me,based on my chosen verbage...It only makes you sound like some passive aggressive dilettante quack... just say what you really want to say to me...I can take it..lol

Faux psychological analysis? Really? Just stated my opinions. Just saying that neglecting the root problems is not a good idea. Simply put. If you would rather go off topic (as you are) and continue to ramble (as you are) by all means go for it. But, if you like to discuss this like an adult, we can do that too. It seems as if you really don't understand what my point are. Rather than ask, you decide to go on a ridiculous tirade.

But keep doing what you do and dont let all of these 2 and 3 syllable words confuse you...lol ...Just so you know, whenever you're ready to stop with the passive aggressive personal insults yourself, just let me know, and we can both grow up. oh and in patterning my responses after your own, as a passive aggressive afterthought I would like to add: "but hopefully Im wrong"..

Didn't say that they confused me. Just stated that concise speech is actually perferred, especially in an argument. These are the accepted rules of any intelligent debate. Here, more simply put...you look like an unintelligent idiot trying to use overly complicated language. Simplicity is key. Sparingly use larger words. It's a style issue. I digress though. You obiviously don't understand that either. Instead you feel the need to "prove" your points by TRYING to find a flaw in others. This is really a horrible tactic. You haven't defended your points, simply attacked others. How can people take you seriously?

Maybe you should just, I don't know, calm down. You seem to acting in a tantrum and spouting more and more insults. Just calm, take a breath. It'll be fine.

You started this whole insult thing. I really had no intention with that. I tried diplomatically, but clearly you don't get that.

Just try to stay on topic.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:10 AM

What?...lol...A) you're the one who mocked MY post, and assumed I needed to reread your post in order to understand why you were being dismissive of it....Not only that, but after not even actually reading what my post actually stated, Inglorious interrupted a conversation I was having with Benicar, replying with approximately 3 posts. The first of which was somewhat nonsensical (go back and read it) so I ignored it. The third of which he accused me of not being able to understand "geopolitics" simply because I didnt indulge your and his cherry picked proclamation of geopolitics/globalism as an intrinsic part of the debate on illegal immigration.

It's a public forum...there is no interuption. It was actually pretty sensical, but you didn't understand it seems like. Well, what is the driving motivation of moving North? What is causing illegal immigration? It may have something to do with how World Bank/IMF reforms haven't worked in Latin America. It may have something to do with how American leaders have pushed for the liberalization of southern markets...which have led to exploitative conditions. It may have something to do with how any and all aid has ridiculous string attached. Geo, economic, and political causes. Yet, your stance is that these should not be investigated?

I never called him stupid, or implied that his intelligence was less than apt, untill HE implied that I had allowed your posts to "fly over my head", and accused me of not having a grasp on the geopolitical landscape as it (does not significantly) effects illegal immigration. If you think I attacked him first, well, thats sheer selective reasoning and partisanship on your behalf....you're more than welcome to do so, but in no way can you accuse me of attacking or insulting, or hell, even addressing him first. So like I said, Im sure he will retort with some impotent insult to me eventually and so the cycle WILL continue, until he ends what he started..call it what you want.

So that comment flying over your head is cause to act like as such? It's not partisanship. I have no idea his/her politics. It seems that all you really are capable of is this...

Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
We should prioritize and realize that militarizing the borders at this moment is not the best idea in the world. Illegals in general aren't terrorist. Weren't the majority of terrorists in 9/11 legal?
Try again.

With the growing drug war crap SoB: that is reason enough to close/lock our southern border using military force as needed. Google Juarez blue helmets. Things are getting so bad there that the business people want to bypass inept Mexico City and appeal to the UN for help. If that is not a sign of a failing society------------I sure as hell do not know what would qualify as such.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:48 AM

8,797 posts, read 9,623,537 times
Illegals have taught our labor system that you don't have to pay a laborer and a teacher with a masters degree the same wage. Its too late now to put the tooth paste back in the tube. If all the illegals are gone, the pay will stay the same.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
We should prioritize and realize that militarizing the borders at this moment is not the best idea in the world. Illegals in general aren't terrorist. Weren't the majority of terrorists in 9/11 legal?
Two operative words – generally and majority. Does it matter if illegals aren’t “generally” terrorists, or if the “majority” of the 9/11 attackers weren’t here illegally? Remember, it didn’t take thousands of men to exact carnage on 9/11.

It simply cannot be denied that illegal immigration is a threat to our national security. We can only estimate how many enter our country seeking work. Do we know how many with nefarious intent stream across our borders on a daily basis? No we don’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or