Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 01:16 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There were no immigration laws when the first white Europeans came over here, so no they weren't illegals. Besides they are all dead now so what has that to do with those of us alive today and our right as a soverign nation to have and to enforce our immigration laws just as every other country in the world does?
That's not even anywhere close to reality....Indians or Native American
did have LAWS and one of those LAWS was that the caucasian had to leave once they caught on to the fact that they were here to take
their's land.I have a question for you what do you think the Indian wars
were all about...Yeah they didn't have the superior technology to
enforce the Native American LAWS , i'm talking about the Indians that caucasian couldn't stay over here , so there you have it. And By the way
(you are right) it's irrevevant today.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
did have LAWS and one of those LAWS was that the caucasian had to leave once they caught on to the fact that they were here to take
enforce the Native American LAWS , i'm talking about the Indians that caucasian couldn't stay over here , so there you have it. And By the way
Two quick notes here:

#1: different tribes arrived in what is now the New World at different times so; I can safely say that earlier groups of American Indians got dumped on by later ones prior to Columbus. Face it: the Whites were simply a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'.

#2: had it not been the Euros (both Anglo and Hispanic); the odds were extremely high that another ethnicity may have arrived here and subjugated the Indians i.e. the Japanese.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:17 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Where do you think the indians came from? They didn't sprout up out of the ground like corn. They migrated across the Bering Strait. Comparing life and the rules back then to our modern times is a bit of a stretch. Glad you agree that the past is irrelevant today. So why did you start this conversation?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 AM

14 posts, read 18,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Where do you think the indians came from? They didn't sprout up out of the ground like corn. They migrated across the Bering Strait. Comparing life and the rules back then to our modern times is a bit of a stretch. Glad you agree that the past is irrelevant today. So why did you start this conversation?
You're downplaying what the Natives went through. They didn't have laws, so it's okay. We have laws so it's not okay?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanwer View Post
You're downplaying what the Natives went through. They didn't have laws, so it's okay. We have laws so it's not okay?
I didn't downplay anything. I didn't say it was ok either. What my main point was that the past is irrelevant under today's rules, governments and societies.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Unless you are willing to include the Aztecs, etc. as being perpetrators of atrocities against other 'indigenous' people as well----------branding just White (or Black) people as being guilty is inaccurate, to be polite.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM

14 posts, read 18,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless you are willing to include the Aztecs, etc. as being perpetrators of atrocities against other 'indigenous' people as well----------branding just White (or Black) people as being guilty is inaccurate, to be polite.
How much do we know about the Aztecs that the Spanish didn't write in order to justify their own atrocities of enslaving an entire race and moving into their land? Specifically by depicting them as savages?

Who on Earth would brand Black people as being guilty when they were brought to the Americas on ships and enslaved for hundreds of years by the British, Spanish, and Portuguese, and treated as less than human until 40 years ago?
was that some kind of emotional plea toward Blacks, and trying to draw the line of us vs. them?

Anyway, that's not the point. The discussion was about trying to justify what happened to the Native Americans at the hands of the British and Americans. You can't dodge it by saying "but..but.. look at what the brown people over here did! even stevens!"

Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
How much do we know about the Aztecs that the Spanish didn't write in order to justify their own atrocities of enslaving an entire race and moving into their land? Specifically by depicting them as savages?

Who on Earth would brand Black people as being guilty when they were brought to the Americas on ships and enslaved for hundreds of years by the British, Spanish, and Portuguese, and treated as less than human until 40 years ago?
was that some kind of emotional plea toward Blacks, and trying to draw the line of us vs. them?

Anyway, that's not the point. The discussion was about trying to justify what happened to the Native Americans at the hands of the British and Americans. You can't dodge it by saying "but..but.. look at what the brown people over here did! even stevens!"
Cutting out the still beating human hearts out of their victims for 'religious' sacrifice is barbaric.

Needless to say: since all human beings are not only the same species and originated in Africa---------common sense would dictate that there were periods of savage warfare as well as longer intervals of peace. One big reason we no longer see wars in Europe (Yugoslavia notwithstanding) is due to the replacement level or below birthrates across the board over there.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times
Quote:
Two quick notes here:

#1: different tribes arrived in what is now the New World at different times so; I can safely say that earlier groups of American Indians got dumped on by later ones prior to Columbus. Face it: the Whites were simply a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'.

#2: had it not been the Euros (both Anglo and Hispanic); the odds were extremely high that another ethnicity may have arrived here and subjugated the Indians i.e. the Japanese.
Interesting point. However, who is to say that would've never happened? We are just assuming that the indians sooner or later would've been taken down.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:26 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times
Quote:
Cutting out the still beating human hearts out of their victims for 'religious' sacrifice is barbaric.

Needless to say: since all human beings are not only the same species and originated in Africa---------common sense would dictate that there were periods of savage warfare as well as longer intervals of peace. One big reason we no longer see wars in Europe (Yugoslavia notwithstanding) is due to the replacement level or below birthrates across the board over there.
Another interesting point ArizonaBear. You bring good thoughts to this post. However, many would say the Euros (Spaniards) were barbaric too. Raping women, killing the men. The Catholic priests who forced indians into changing religions or face death. They didn't need to do dirty work by ripping hearts out...the swords and bullets did a cleaner job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration