U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 AM

23,025 posts, read 31,998,566 times

Advertisements

I'm an AA myself and i think illegals further hurt our cause to create a solid working class. AAs would be more than to do the construction jobs but illegals take the jobs at foolish wages so that hurts us.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,224,710 times
I am not an AA but I would think that all Americans, regardless of race, should be concerned about this. I have heard many stories about guys in construction that can no longer get work at a decent wage because the illegals will work for so little. I would hope that all Americans would take this in to consideration, rather they are personally affected or not. It really has a ripple affect on every legal law abiding Amercian citizen.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,980,438 times
I think if anything is going to unite AAs and white Americans, it's this issue. We've been divided by our perceived differences for too long; this is a threat to all of us regardless of race; it's a threat to the American way of life.

We need to put aside our differences and stand together against this invasion. It doesn't matter to me where the illegals come from...they have no right to be here and they are costing this country billions of dollars.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
I, too am White and a Black woman whom I was dating almost 30 years ago in Los Angeles stated:

I hate to say this; but, I wish the illegals would go back home.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,303,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I, too am White and a Black woman whom I was dating almost 30 years ago in Los Angeles stated:

I hate to say this; but, I wish the illegals would go back home.
ArizonaBear, this post caught my interest.

since when do you think that this illegal immigration issue has been going on?

sometimes I think that most american citizens, might have an ancestor that illegally immigrated to the united states but I might be wrong, that's the reason I'm asking you

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,473,273 times
As I mentioned in a previous thread, my chief source of indignation comes from illegals trying to pass off their "struggle" as some sort of new civil rights movement.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 AM

238 posts, read 1,019,686 times
Most of the media designated Black Leaders like Jessie Jackson are in full support of Illegal Immigration. I think they feel like all minorities should stick together. But in surveys, African Americas are more upset about illegal aliens than White People.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,473,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Most of the media designated Black Leaders like Jessie Jackson are in full support of Illegal Immigration. I think they feel like all minorities should stick together. But in surveys, African Americas are more upset about illegal aliens than White People.
Which is yet another reason why people (especially non-blacks) need to abandon the silly notion that Jesse and Al constitute the "voice" of Black America.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:14 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
There is an organization out of Los Angeles called "Choose Black America." One of the spokespersons for this organization is Homeless and Civil Rights Activist, Ted Hayes. Ted is an extraordinary man, charismatic, dedicated, and seemingly tireless in his advocacy for Black Americans and for this country. Ted has a saying, "There are only three colors in American--Red, White, and Blue--and these colors don't run.

I've known Ted for several years now and I'm proud to call him my friend. If you're looking for a leader in the Black community, willing to stand up to illegal immigration and the Jesse Jackson's of the Black community, Ted Hayes is the man.

Choose Black America

Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 AM

756 posts, read 1,757,487 times
I think if anything is going to unite AAs and white Americans, it's this issue. We've been divided by our perceived differences for too long; this is a threat to all of us regardless of race; it's a threat to the American way of life.

We need to put aside our differences and stand together against this invasion. It doesn't matter to me where the illegals come from...they have no right to be here and they are costing this country billions of dollars.

This is what has happen in the south. I see the lower black and white community have become very angry at the illegals.
I have said before that our factorys have always been run by the black and white men in our cmmunity now they can not get a job there. It is almost like they are being pushed into the shadows!!

As for Jesse Jackson,well I have never seen a big fan club around here for him, have been told by some blacks that Mr. Jackson is no longer black he is now green!! that most white people in the south are more blck than him!!!(to much money can make you forget where you came from)so when he is on tv. talking about blacks wanting illegals here,he is not talking about the south!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or