Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

All this thread concludes to me is that the terrorists on 9/11 have successfully changed America, whether for good or bad, they were successful and are laughing at us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Ghost, I actually agree with you. The immigration process should be just that simple. But even then, once the quotas are filled, what shall we do with the people that come to the country illegally because they still do not want to wait in line?
that is why we should be working to balance the economies of our geographic neighbors first, since they will be providing us with the bulk of immigrants. once we have balanced economies throughout north america, we work on south america. by then, we will have a very balanced world economy, minus a few asian and most african countries, and will subsequently see less immigration.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
that is why we should be working to balance the economies of our geographic neighbors first, since they will be providing us with the bulk of immigrants. once we have balanced economies throughout north america, we work on south america. by then, we will have a very balanced world economy, minus a few asian and most african countries, and will subsequently see less immigration.
Americans are too scared to work diligently and diplomatically. Immediate results are needed and thus get us into trouble each time. Don't give the people some long plan when we can DEPORT immediately.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
All this thread concludes to me is that the terrorists on 9/11 have successfully changed America, whether for good or bad, they were successful and are laughing at us.
What really happened on 9/11???

who was behind it? I don't know but something tells me Bush & co had something to do with that, why was that Osama Bin Laden reappeared on the last elections? he had vanished until that day.

Have you noticed in the videos and pictures that there weren't any rests of the planes who "crashed" why is that? they should have at least left some evidence imho

I might be dead wrong, but what if it were true? what has Iraq and it's oil to do with Bin Laden?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
You got a lot of growin' up to do!!
personal attack. and just your opinion, too, i might add.

Quote:
But, that's cool - so did we all. Germans and Japanese were not threatening the cost of our citizenship!! ROTFLMAO
They were taking over the world, my friend, if they could, and they may have if the U.S. didn't join England in the fight.
which directly threatened our FREEDOM, not the cost of our citizenship.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
Explain "balanced".

Old 11-06-2007, 05:48 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

who was behind it? I don't know but something tells me Bush & co had something to do with that, why was that Osama Bin Laden reappeared on the last elections? he had vanished until that day.

Have you noticed in the videos and pictures that there weren't any rests of the planes who "crashed" why is that? they should have at least left some evidence imho

I might be dead wrong, but what if it were true? what has Iraq and it's oil to do with Bin Laden?
Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding. Did you not see the photographs of airplane wreckage at ground zero? Some of it fell into the street. How do you think they got that footage of planes crashing into buildings? What about the thousands of people who witnessed the airplanes crashing into the buildings?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Gotta disagree on this one travelingfella. Bush may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but he didn't concoct 9/11 or have anything to do with it. Conspiracy theories abound, sadly.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Gotta disagree on this one travelingfella. Bush may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but he didn't concoct 9/11 or have anything to do with it. Conspiracy theories abound, sadly.
Ok, you are right, maybe I was being too paranoid, that's why I wanted to hear the answers of real Americans

man I really pray to God everyday that we don't have another 9/11 never again, it was a shock that resonated in the entire world imho, at least in Mexico we thought the world was falling apart for many days, tons of people sent letters to the embassy with their condolences, some specialized rescue teams went to ground zero to help too

I guess that the only positive thing of terrible things happening is that then you realize how much do you really care for your neighboor, I'm sure that if something similar happened in Mexico, America would be the first country to stand up and help, and we need to help each other so this never repeats.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-06-2007 at 06:35 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM

170 posts, read 846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

My mother's father was pure Connecticut Yankee, and he could trace the majority of his ancestors to pre-Revolution days in New England. The few that came after the Revolution arrived in the late 1700s/early 1800s; there was little concept of legal/illegal immigration at that time.
Are you a comedian?? First of all, a majority of immigrants came to this country between the years of 1850 and 1920. So while you may think of yourself as a "native American" or whatever, you are not and 98% of Americans certainly are not.

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activi...ants_chart.pdf

During that entire period Europeans made up anywhere from 70 to 90% of immigrants. Non-European Hispanic immigrants did not become a majority until the 1970s. And the number of German immigrants in the late 1800s was much higher on a yearly basis than the current Hispanic immigration, and back then the United States was smaller, had fewer states, and a fraction of the population & money.

Furthermore, it is so comical how you define illegal vs legal. So one day the borders are open and everybody who comes over is fine and dandy. The next day a few politicians decide to close the borders and from that day forward everybody is by your book an evil criminal.

You have some interesting logic, no doubt supported by the rest of these wackos on the immigration forum. I promised myself before clicking in here that I wouldn't post anything but after reading your comment I just had to laugh and post a reply.

But don't let me interupt your hate party. Please, go back to hating and demonizing Hispanics/Immigrants. Or use my post as a trampoline for further hate...I don't care. I'm out of here anyway....I have better things to do with my time. Have fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration