U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 PM
 
20,187 posts, read 12,820,904 times
Reputation: 5420

Advertisements

Not while Obama is in charge. He doesn't like the Constitution and will change it to suit his purposes. He thinks America is the biggest problem in the world.

 
Old 06-19-2013, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
...The real solution would be to secure the border and deport all those that are not citizens or here with correct papers for vacationing...
So foreign nationals with Green Cards are just "vacationing" here?...
 
Old 06-19-2013, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's been around since 1998, with no one on either side doing much.

Next fallacy, or is partisan hackerry all you got?
Sure it is. And your next shot is going to be "It's all George Bushes fault", right ? That's all a Tu Quoque
argument anyway. That must be all you've got.
 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 AM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Reputation: 9491
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So foreign nationals with Green Cards are just "vacationing" here?...
If they have a green card they're likely working here - LEGALLY!

THAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A GREEN CARD!
 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 AM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
To top it all off, Democrats sit back and watch the demise of the USA with absolute glee. Need some evidence? Ok....point me to a Democrat who doesn't support amnesty without securing the border first. They could care less about the porous border. Which is why the USA is circling the drain.

Glee. Complete and total glee.
In college, you would have learned that you are staying an unsupported opinion. The burden of proof is on you. Show us that all Democrats support amnesty. Further validate it by showing that all republicans are against amnesty.
 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 AM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not while Obama is in charge. He doesn't like the Constitution and will change it to suit his purposes. He thinks America is the biggest problem in the world.
You can't win with these candidates. Incompetent on both sides. Sadly, the only reason Obama is in office is because the opposition was a clown.
 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:16 AM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Reputation: 9491
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In college, you would have learned that you are staying an unsupported opinion. The burden of proof is on you. Show us that all Democrats support amnesty. Further validate it by showing that all republicans are against amnesty.
It doesn't matter what the layman "democrat" John Q. Public believes because all we know is that our elected officials who are democrats want the amnesty.


That's what they're pushing for and if more of the democrat John Q. Public don't speak out and tell their elected officials they don't want the amnesty the bozos will do as they wish.

Meanwhile I like other republicans have already called, written letters, sent emails, sent money to our parties to make sure this amnesty garbage does not PASS!

What have you done?
 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 AM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It doesn't matter what the layman "democrat" John Q. Public believes because all we know is that our elected officials who are democrats want the amnesty.


That's what they're pushing for and if more of the democrat John Q. Public don't speak out and tell their elected officials they don't want the amnesty the bozos will do as they wish.

Meanwhile I like other republicans have already called, written letters, sent emails, sent money to our parties to make sure this amnesty garbage does not PASS!

What have you done?
You're wrong. For AeroGuyDC's statement to be true, it does matter.

I haven't written a letter, if that's what you're asking. I've expressed my concerns to my congressman, but that's about it. What have you done in regards to amnesty?
 
Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
11,920 posts, read 13,245,498 times
Reputation: 12652
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You can't win with these candidates. Incompetent on both sides. Sadly, the only reason Obama is in office is because the opposition was a clown.
I don't know about Romney being a clown, but he certainly wasn't a very likable candidate for the average American. Matter of fact, the republican party as a whole doesn't seem to be the working man's party. Can't win if you can't appeal to the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
After Obama the entire government administration needs revamping.

I wish we'd have a constitutional congress to re-work everything for the 21st century going forward because there's a lot that needs to be updated.
Ha, and you think they would rework it in our favor?! The very idea scares the crap out of me! Either way, expect rounds of amnesty every decade or so, which equates to a pseudo open boarder policy.
 
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If they have a green card they're likely working here - LEGALLY!

THAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A GREEN CARD!
Here is the rep point comment I received from the member I replied to ("NCN"):

"I don't think anyone knows why they are here."

My wife is not a U.S. citizen, and not here "vacationing", so I don't know what "NCN" thinks her immigration status is, or whether she should be "deported". She does have legal residency, although the primary reason is not for employment. Some members need to figure out what immigration is before participating in a discussion about illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top