U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518

Advertisements

Illegal aliens received billions in federal tax credits last year - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

factcheck.org : Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

 
Old 06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
 
20,189 posts, read 12,878,647 times
Reputation: 5421
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The article I linked has an original source of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, which issued the report. Why disregard that for second-hand titling? Tax regulations with allowances for relatives in Mexico are under the same rules as for relatives in Canada.

So why aren't you kvetching about the Canadians that are claimed that way too? The average credits were about $1,800, so it isn't "thousands of dollars" for all of them (nor is it "welfare"). Did you not understand the quote of previous tax years being used to claim child tax credits?

Let me provide you an example. My wife and stepchildren gained legal residency a full three tax years after we had married. Do I not claim tax credits for the time they lived in Mexico awaiting a legal immigration path to come to the United States, even though I was supporting them through my taxed income?

The thought is that those with ITINs not being authorized to work in the United States may not even be living (or much less working) in the United States anyway. So why are you generically labeling those with ITINs as "illegal aliens"? Work on reforming tax regulations if you don't like credits that families like mine were able to claim legally.
Tell that to the people who did the story. All I know is our tax structure needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. It's to complicated for everyone and more so each year. Now they want to do our health care That is a formula for disaster.
 
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Reputation: 601
So how much journalistic integrity is needed to write for "The Examiner"?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I sourced the same article earlier, but "factcheck.org" has it slightly incorrect. Someone with an ITIN may not even live or work in the United States, so it is wrong to generically identify them as being either an illegal worker or an illegal alien. Perhaps you would rather mix up legal and illegal immigrants into one category?

After all, you do have issues with Hispanics legally immigrating, even if they are related to U.S. citizens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Tell that to the people who did the story. All I know is our tax structure needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. It's to complicated for everyone and more so each year. Now they want to do our health care That is a formula for disaster.
Cool, you don't want to discuss Canadians relatives qualifying for the same tax breaks, nor correct yourself after hearing a legitimate story. What is so "complicated" about saying you want to object to tax code when it involves Mexicans? Here is the original report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (again), which identifies the $4.2 billion going to those with ITINs:

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01141061fr.pdf
 
Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So how much journalistic integrity is needed to write for "The Examiner"?...



I sourced the same article earlier, but "factcheck.org" has it slightly incorrect. Someone with an ITIN may not even live or work in the United States, so it is wrong to generically identify them as being either an illegal worker or an illegal alien. Perhaps you would rather mix up legal and illegal immigrants into one category?

After all, you do have issues with Hispanics legally immigrating, even if they are related to U.S. citizens...



Cool, you don't want to discuss Canadians relatives qualifying for the same tax breaks, nor correct yourself after hearing a legitimate story. What is so "complicated" about saying you want to object to tax code when it involves Mexicans? Here is the original report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (again), which identifies the $4.2 billion going to those with ITINs:

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01141061fr.pdf
I didn't write the articles I just posted them. If you don't agree with them then take it up with them.

Don't put words in my mouth or misquote me. I don't have a problem with Hispanics legally migrating just as long as other groups can come in equal numbers for diversity's sake and I have told you that before so why are you making up something I have never said?
 
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't write the articles I just posted them. If you don't agree with them then take it up with them...
Great way to say you aren't responsible for any fiction you source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...Don't put words in my mouth or misquote me. I don't have a problem with Hispanics legally migrating just as long as other groups can come in equal numbers for diversity's sake and I have told you that before so why are you making up something I have never said?
It's really funny that every time you say "diversity" now, I know enough to translate it as "everyone but Hispanics". You've got a name for yourself. Ask anyone that has interacted with you on this forum, every single time you bring it back to Hispanics, how they speak Spanish, how their population is expanding, everything that you just cannot stomach about that ethnicity.
 
Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 AM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Great way to say you aren't responsible for any fiction you source...



It's really funny that every time you say "diversity" now, I know enough to translate it as "everyone but Hispanics". You've got a name for yourself. Ask anyone that has interacted with you on this forum, every single time you bring it back to Hispanics, how they speak Spanish, how their population is expanding, everything that you just cannot stomach about that ethnicity.
Fiction to you perhaps.

Why is it that every time I use the word diversity you translate that into meaning everyone but Hispanics when I have told you otherwise many times. If you don't stop accusing me of things I have never said nor implied I will have a talk with Yac about it.

So it isn't a fact that everywhere I go many if not most Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish? Are you accusing me of lying now? It isn't a fact that their population is expanding and a good share of is from illegal immigration? Why are facts offensive to you? The only thing I have said about Hispanics in general is that they don't seem to want to choose English as their primary language and that I don't think it is right for them to support illegal immigrants and amnesty simply because most illegals are ethnically like them. So stop with the "I just can't stomach them" nonsense. If you can't respond to me without false accusations then don't respond to me at all.
 
Old 06-22-2013, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Fiction to you perhaps.

Why is it that every time I use the word diversity you translate that into meaning everyone but Hispanics when I have told you otherwise many times. If you don't stop accusing me of things I have never said nor implied I will have a talk with Yac about it...
You have enough abilities to defend yourself in debate if you can, why do you always threaten people with moderator intervention?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You can cut the insults right now or you will be reported. You don't pull the race card, lol! These are your very own words below. And no I am not the only who has brought up illegal immigration under this topic.

Quote you: "And we have a problem with white people who are "concerned for our nation" which really is used to mask the "racism" that you actually are trying to hide".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...So it isn't a fact that everywhere I go many if not most Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish? Are you accusing me of lying now? It isn't a fact that their population is expanding and a good share of is from illegal immigration? Why are facts offensive to you? The only thing I have said about Hispanics in general is that they don't seem to want to choose English as their primary language and that I don't think it is right for them to support illegal immigrants and amnesty simply because most illegals are ethnically like them. So stop with the "I just can't stomach them" nonsense. If you can't respond to me without false accusations then don't respond to me at all.
Fact is, you just need to stop being offended by an entire ethnicity like you are more important than them...

Isn't it great when you can make (even within the last couple days) my talking points better than I can?:

Spanish language:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Seems them Spanish conquistadores really got around, didn't they? Was there anyone they wouldn't mate with or conquer? Even hundreds of years later those groups they mixed with still speak Spanish rather than their native languages.
Hispanic growth (as you see it):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those coming here from Mexico do produce more babies than they would in their country because they know our government will provide for them. Thus it is a problem to the U.S.

I don't understand this reference to fertility rates. Most humans are fertile. It's a matter of using birth control.
Your (strange) perspective to Hispanics:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why are you doing this? Why the snarky comments? Is this really necessary? I do have more in common with my fellow black Americans than I do with Hispanics. Why is this a big question to you? Are you calling me a liar? I suggest you knock this off.
 
Old 06-22-2013, 11:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You have enough abilities to defend yourself in debate if you can, why do you always threaten people with moderator intervention?:





Fact is, you just need to stop being offended by an entire ethnicity like you are more important than them...

Isn't it great when you can make (even within the last couple days) my talking points better than I can?:

Spanish language:


Hispanic growth (as you see it):


Your (strange) perspective to Hispanics:
How can it possibly be strange to feel you have more in common with your fellow Americans who share a language and culture than with people of a foreign country? Hispanic doesn't equal illegal aliens from foreign nations. Just like someone could have enough in common with American-hispanics who speak English and are part of the US culture, but have zero in common with illegals.
 
Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How can it possibly be strange to feel you have more in common with your fellow Americans who share a language and culture than with people of a foreign country? Hispanic doesn't equal illegal aliens from foreign nations. Just like someone could have enough in common with American-hispanics who speak English and are part of the US culture, but have zero in common with illegals.
Three of those quotes by me were from the Politics forum and not even directed at him. Why are they being dragged over to this forum? There is something wrong with me being able to relate more to my fellow black Americans than Hispanics and in the other forum I explained why also. One of those things were that most black-American's primary language is English. I also said that I don't understand a culture that would advocate for illegals just because most are ethnically like themselves also. No matter what ethnic group one is a part of we collectively as Americans should support the enforcement of our immigration laws. No one group is special in this country.
 
Old 06-22-2013, 11:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,994,016 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, everything was perfectly fine before 20 Jan 2009.
Try something other than partisan bs sometime.
It would be a nice change.

Why not move to a country that better suits your needs?
Yes, let's not forget that George W was meeting with Mexico's Presidente Fox to open up the US border to Mexico, but then 911 happened. Very few politicians really care about the common man. Particularly sickening are Sens Rubio, Schumer and Graham who are tripping over each other to legalize the illegals and ONLY emphasizing the positives of the CBO report while ignoring the negatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top