U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,966,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Three of those quotes by me were from the Politics forum and not even directed at him. Why are they being dragged over to this forum? There is something wrong with me being able to relate more to my fellow black Americans than Hispanics and in the other forum I explained why also. One of those things were that most black-American's primary language is English. I also said that I don't understand a culture that would advocate for illegals just because most are ethnically like themselves also. No matter what ethnic group one is a part of we collectively as Americans should support the enforcement of our immigration laws. No one group is special in this country.
Oldglory, which part of Socal do you live in where you find so many Hispanic americans who speak only Spanish? Do you live in East LA, Huntington Park, southgate or Montebello?

Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Yes, let's not forget that George W was meeting with Mexico's Presidente Fox to open up the US border to Mexico, but then 911 happened. Very few politicians really care about the common man. Particularly sickening are Sens Rubio, Schumer and Graham who are tripping over each other to legalize the illegals and ONLY emphasizing the positives of the CBO report while ignoring the negatives.
Even on the Sunday morning shows this morning, all they could talk about was the votes this big giveaway gains the political parties. No matter the high number of unemployed Americans or the huge cost of this.

This whole thing is not meant to benefit the American people, it's all about benefitting political parties with easy votes.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Three of those quotes by me were from the Politics forum and not even directed at him. Why are they being dragged over to this forum? There is something wrong with me being able to relate more to my fellow black Americans than Hispanics and in the other forum I explained why also. One of those things were that most black-American's primary language is English. I also said that I don't understand a culture that would advocate for illegals just because most are ethnically like themselves also. No matter what ethnic group one is a part of we collectively as Americans should support the enforcement of our immigration laws. No one group is special in this country.
True. There is no other ethnic group demanding unlimited immigration -- you don't se thoe of Irish descent demanding unlimited immigration from Ireland, black Americans are not insisting that anyone of African heritage be given a pass around immigration laws.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Yac

5,876 posts, read 6,301,096 times
Yet another thread that turned into the good old bash obama/fight the partisan bs war thread.
Sad.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or