Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

The point is the legal immigrants living here are saying they have 10-12 kids living with them when they only have 1. Those other kids are in Mexico. No one checks up on this or goes to their home to see.

The IRS wants and needs big government---they work for the government so why would they try to shrink it? It's against their own interest to shrink government just like all the other government workers in the same boat and the tax payers (us) get it in the neck.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
They love welfare programs.
tax cuts = welfare???

Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The point is the legal immigrants living here are saying they have 10-12 kids living with them when they only have 1. Those other kids are in Mexico. No one checks up on this or goes to their home to see.

The IRS wants and needs big government---they work for the government so why would they try to shrink it? It's against their own interest to shrink government just like all the other government workers in the same boat and the tax payers (us) get it in the neck.
Since you are the OP, it is more correctly ITIN filers receiving the Additional Child Tax Credit:

Quote:
The IG report stated that more than 2.3 million persons who did not have Social Security numbers valid for working in the U.S. got an average of roughly $1,800 each in 2010 in child tax credit refunds. That included 9,000 illegal immigrants who each got a total of $10,000 or more by retroactively claiming credits for tax years prior to 2010.

You are identifying legal immigrants above, whom pay taxes and are work-authorized. There are scenarios where certain tax credits can be claimed for a child that might have lived outside the United States (including in Canada and Mexico) that are completely ethical. Do you think an immigrant gains a Social Security number before they come here?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
After Obama the entire government administration needs revamping.

I wish we'd have a constitutional congress to re-work everything for the 21st century going forward because there's a lot that needs to be updated.
Yeah, everything was perfectly fine before 20 Jan 2009.
Try something other than partisan bs sometime.
It would be a nice change.

Why not move to a country that better suits your needs?

Old 06-21-2013, 01:43 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Since you are the OP, it is more correctly ITIN filers receiving the Additional Child Tax Credit:

You are identifying legal immigrants above, whom pay taxes and are work-authorized. There are scenarios where certain tax credits can be claimed for a child that might have lived outside the United States (including in Canada and Mexico) that are completely ethical. Do you think an immigrant gains a Social Security number before they come here?
It does say Illegal. I don't know how they get welfare in the first place let alone put additional people who live in Mexico on their tax return to get thousands of dollars.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
It does say Illegal. I don't know how they get welfare in the first place let alone put additional people who live in Mexico on their tax return to get thousands of dollars.
Illegals get welfare through their U.S .born children. That is one way.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:39 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
This money is given out thanks to a massive IRS loophole. The IRS is aware of the significance of this fraud, but they have taken no steps to fix it.
Can’t really blame them. It’s just so much more fun targeting conservative groups!"[/LEFT]

[LEFT]
They aren't even living here????

[/LEFT]

i'm not sure of the source here. From my personal experience with an illegal working at my wifes job, the bad SSN caused the tax rate to max out / without deductions until he sent the SSN. So this guy was paying a lot more in taxes than he really should of if he was legal

and he had a kid

4 billion paid out isn't much, if they mail in a lot more without representation

Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
I never thought that conservatives would argue that tax cuts = welfare.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Sure it is. And your next shot is going to be "It's all George Bushes fault", right ? That's all a Tu Quoque
argument anyway. That must be all you've got.
It is? Are you psychic to know what other people might be thinking? Have you won James Randi's prize yet?

Not even sure if I have ever said it was Bushes fault for things that happened before he was elected. Can you provide an example of me doing this, or are you just lying?

Amazing how you claim to absolutely know what other people are about to say, and get it completely wrong

Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
The article I linked has an original source of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, which issued the report. Why disregard that for second-hand titling? Tax regulations with allowances for relatives in Mexico are under the same rules as for relatives in Canada.

So why aren't you kvetching about the Canadians that are claimed that way too? The average credits were about $1,800, so it isn't "thousands of dollars" for all of them (nor is it "welfare"). Did you not understand the quote of previous tax years being used to claim child tax credits?

Let me provide you an example. My wife and stepchildren gained legal residency a full three tax years after we had married. Do I not claim tax credits for the time they lived in Mexico awaiting a legal immigration path to come to the United States, even though I was supporting them through my taxed income?

The thought is that those with ITINs not being authorized to work in the United States may not even be living (or much less working) in the United States anyway. So why are you generically labeling those with ITINs as "illegal aliens"? Work on reforming tax regulations if you don't like credits that families like mine were able to claim legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration