U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I dont mind enslaving illegals to do the work I wont do. Let em come and slave cheap labor so I can get sevices cheap. That along with globalization and walmart has done one hell of alot over the last 10 years to keep my COL down
So you would violate our labor and immigration laws and deny an American a job just so you can save a few bucks? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 05:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
The phrase "illegal alien" has been discredited. You should know that by now.
Who discredited it, you ? I still hear the term used every day. Do you have a link or site that proves your
point or are you just speculating ? That's just another strawman.........

Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
I dont mind enslaving illegals to do the work I wont do. Let em come and slave cheap labor so I can get sevices cheap. That along with globalization and walmart has done one hell of alot over the last 10 years to keep my COL down
ROLMFAO Sarcasm rules the day, right ?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,434,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
ROLMFAO Sarcasm rules the day, right ?
Im serious

Had my roof replaced a couple years ago. After at least 6 estimates the company i chose was because they were busy (i saw their sign at alot of residences with new roofs) and their quote was one of the least expensive. I had no idea they would show up on the job with a dozen illegals doing a job in 2.5 days that would normaly take a week (I have a Mansard roof 45 squares of shingles). The owner of the company came in late on day two to sew up the job doing the flashing on the chimney and making the job perfect. I got a substantial increase in my property value at a really good price because the most expensive factor of production (labor) was reduced big time.

When i go shoping with my children I currently spend for a pair of jeans what my mother spent when I was growing up, $6, Good winter coats for less than $20 and shoes are the same as when I was a kid about $8 but they dont last as long

And while globalization has been hard on the auto worker I can buy a ford F-150 for the same price as 20-25 years ago. As a Machnist from Michigan who didnt work under the cush umbrella of the UAW i could GAF about them workers either. They needed a good clipping and globalization gave it to them.

Yup now that the wife and I find ourselves in a good position financially all of these developments have increased our quality of life big time. Now im the one with 2 nice vehicles, a split level on the lake and 2 vacations of 2 weeks plus a year not some tard on the line mounting BF Goodrich on rims for 47 bucks an hour

Dead serious

Last edited by boner; 06-21-2013 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 PM

See above. I didnt violate any laws. And if I denied an American work thats his problem, lord knows I paid my dues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you would violate our labor and immigration laws and deny an American a job just so you can save a few bucks? Really?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:20 PM

159 posts, read 429,530 times
Quote:
Discredited by whom?
By people (race-baiters; ethnocentric separatists; coastal dwellers who, unlike me, have never lived elsewhere; and permanent residents in the groves of academe) who refuse to accept truth and facts.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 PM

2,543 posts, read 1,777,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Online polls are meaningless.

Of course you are correct, but most of the guys that post in this forum are far from reality.

Now lets take a look at a real poll that shows 87 percent support for a pathway under certain conditions.

Immigration

Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
See above. I didnt violate any laws. And if I denied an American work thats his problem, lord knows I paid my dues
It sure sounds like you'd be ok with it if you had known though by your statement below. Ignorance is bliss though, right? Why the flippant attitude towards your fellow citizens and why don't you care about our immigration and labor laws? As Americans aren't we obligated to follow the laws of this country?

Quote you:

"I dont mind enslaving illegals to do the work I wont do. Let em come and slave cheap labor so I can get sevices cheap"

Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 PM

I hold the individual responsible for their actions. If a Mexican wants to cross the border illegally and be enslaved that is his business. I hope he is caught and deported before he and his GF can drop an anchor baby or he can get on the earned income credit gravy train. If he makes it to my state and hooks up with a roofing contractor that is out of my control even if i benefit from his services. As far as my attitude towards fellow citizens again I hold the indvidual responsible for their actions. If you have a problem with illegals taking jobs from you or reducing wages then you need to become more politically active and champion a cause. Either that or aquire some education or skills that remove you from the labor pool that has you competeting with illegals.

I learned long ago that the only person that was going to help me is me. The alternative is to petition the government to assist you in over coming the obstacles fate places in your path to opportunity. I didnt have much success with that

Quote:
It sure sounds like you'd be ok with it if you had known though by your statement below. Ignorance is bliss though, right? Why the flippant attitude towards your fellow citizens and why don't you care about our immigration and labor laws? As Americans aren't we obligated to follow the laws of this country?

Quote you:

"I dont mind enslaving illegals to do the work I wont do. Let em come and slave cheap labor so I can get sevices cheap"

Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Of course you are correct, but most of the guys that post in this forum are far from reality.

Now lets take a look at a real poll that shows 87 percent support for a pathway under certain conditions.

Immigration
Is it unrealistic to expect illegals to be held equally accountable as say a legal immigrant might be?
Is it unrealistic to expect illegals be held to the same procedures all legals have to follow?
Is it unrealistic to expect our elected reps to look out for the best interests of Legal citizens before illegals?
Is it unrealistic to expect our reps to pass laws that will actually do something about a problem rather than reward those who violate our laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or