Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't you think South Korea situation is a little different? To me it seems this bill is starting to grow some bi-partisan flavor, and that may not be such a bad thing.
Actually no. We have anywhere from 11-20 MILLION illegals here now.
And that's since the last amnesty which was supposed to end illegal entry with improved border control.

Why do "stupid" twice ?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually no.
Then obviously you have no idea why there is a fence between South Korea and North Korea.

Quote:

And that's since the last amnesty which was supposed to end illegal entry
with improved border control
So, you oppose beefing up border security. What else is new...

Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
One of the best ways to help stop the flow is to VIGOROUSLY enforce e-verify and prosecute people who use false-IDs.

This would require the retention of more white collar type "border agents" to investigate and keep the heat on employers regularly.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Then obviously you have no idea why there is a fence between South Korea and North Korea.

So, you oppose beefing up border security. What else is new...
I oppose doing stupid twice. That's what I oppose.
It didn't work before and I see no reason to think it will work again.

We get budget cuts and *poof* there go all those extra guys, just like before.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Amazing how stupid this country truly is...just like with terrorism we Americans have to be subjected to all these privacy intrusions into "our" lives and countless billions of dollars we have to spend because we can't profile and now we have to spend billions more on people(s) who have no right to be here and have broken numerous laws and should be throw out on the butt and they DONT pay taxes!
If your going to tell me that they pay "payroll" tax then hell ever legal American should only pay that tax....so that excuses is a joke and please stop.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Amazing how stupid this country truly is...just like with terrorism we Americans have to be subjected to all these privacy intrusions into "our" lives and countless billions of dollars we have to spend because we can't profile and now we have to spend billions more on people(s) who have no right to be here and have broken numerous laws and should be throw out on the butt and they DONT pay taxes!
If your going to tell me that they pay "payroll" tax then hell ever legal American should only pay that tax....so that excuses is a joke and please stop.
Its called pandering. It also gives them an excuse to porkulize the american public.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I oppose doing stupid twice. That's what I oppose.
We are talking about beefing up border security, and you call it stupid. Why can't you just say you oppose beefing up border security.

Quote:
It didn't work before and I see no reason to think it will work again.
Maybe it didn't work because they didn't even go half way of what was needed.

The Senate rejected the border fence, so you must be happy.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
We are talking about beefing up border security, and you call it stupid. Why can't you just say you oppose beefing up border security.

Because I don't oppose beefing up border security in principle.

But it won't work. It didn't work before.
And the same promises were made back then..a one time amnesty, employer penalties for hiring illegals, tighter border control. All that so that we'd never be faced with it again.

It didn't work before and it won't work now.
11-20 million illegals in this country is proof enough.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:

They just made another bad deal.
They are willing to invest 30 billion on border fence. But... But eliminate triggers that prevent path to citizenship.
Jesus our elected reps suck.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Senate immigration deal would double number of U.S. border agents - Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal agents on the U.S.-Mexican border would double to about 40,000 under a deal reached on Thursday in the Democratic-led Senate to draw more Republicans to a landmark immigration bill headed toward anticipated passage.

Some questioned the costs and benefits of up to $50 billion in the extra border security, which also will include high-tech surveillance equipment such as manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, radar and seismic devices.
They should just stop incentives for them to come here. It would be a lot cheaper and efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.