U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,716,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People with the level of contempt for his fellow man as our friend alpha here are the prime reason people are fleeing the Republican party in droves these days. That's exactly the perception a lot of people have with that party. I like reading his posts though because they remind me of how nasty human nature can be. It seems like the righties are hell bent on destroying themselves.
Alpha doesn't display a "rightie" position here, he displays a libertarian position. Libertarians are not righties just like a Classic Liberal is not a "lefty" position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I heard a leftie on XM radio whining about how illegals are taken advantage of by some employers.

Awwwww.....ain't that a shame.

They come here illegally and then feel as if they deserve to be treated fairly?

I'll abuse their cheap labor any chance I get.

If I don't like the job they did, I'll withhold payment.

That's my stand.

Perhaps we the people can stem the flow of these criminals by screwing them at every turn!
Uh; you're part of the problem IF you really hire illegal aliens.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Not to mention they are in a over abundance in the Construction Industry, makes me sick.

I rather hire a High School Teen, who needs the money.

Construction oweners will try and get away with hiring illegals for their job, most of you already know how i found this out. Did i tell, you beta i did.

And their work is not up to par, actually it is pretty ****y, and a child could do better work. Maybe not all of them, but the ones i had expereience with. My contractor from 2010 is no longer working the industry. Don't have a problem with anyone who was born here of Mexican Heritage, at all, some of these people are such hard workers, and many i know do own their own businesses.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
personally I don't view the illegals as victims. They violated our laws. By even working here they are violating our laws. They are a willing partner in whatever abuse people claim they are victims of.
The exception being any form of forced prostitution.
Joe cheapskate hires an illegal to build a fence then doesn't pay? Sorry Mr. Illegal there is no such thing as honor among thieves it is a myth. Its the same as the myth that Illegals are Honest hard working people.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,354,994 times
Here in Toronto I have seen new "legal" immigrants - get very ambitious...They set up companies - either rough construction or cleaning companies that have commercial contracts...These ambitious jerks have a plan to enrich themselves - THEY HIRE ILLEGALS AND ABUSE THEM...Paying them next to nothing- SO don't blame others for what these people do to each other.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely not true.

How can someone drive down wages if they're paid higher wages?

Got three prices for removing a tree....$1200, $900 and $800

Hired two Hispanics and did it for $300!

Since I will not be effected by 20 million new "citizens", bring them on!
No social security tax, no FICA tax, no workman's compensation needs to be paid on illegals.

When an American worker is paid $100, about half or more of it will be taken out to pay all the many taxes, and also a good chunk goes to health insurance. When an illegal is paid $100, he is usually paid in cash and he gets to keep the whole $100.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
personally I don't view the illegals as victims. They violated our laws. By even working here they are violating our laws. They are a willing partner in whatever abuse people claim they are victims of.
The exception being any form of forced prostitution.
Joe cheapskate hires an illegal to build a fence then doesn't pay? Sorry Mr. Illegal there is no such thing as honor among thieves it is a myth. Its the same as the myth that Illegals are Honest hard working people.
If it is forced. The fact is that many of the claims of it being forced have to do with the ease of getting U visas which gives them legal status and plenty of government handouts. Many of these girls were prostitutes back home but they can make more here. Most people in Mexico aren't really so naive and gullible that they believe someone is going to come up and offer them a high paying actress job in the USA if they just go with them and also it's a whole lot easier finding and recruiting women already in the business to come here than to really kidnap one.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 PM

20,979 posts, read 15,665,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People with the level of contempt for his fellow man as our friend alpha here are the prime reason people are fleeing the Republican party in droves these days. That's exactly the perception a lot of people have with that party. I like reading his posts though because they remind me of how nasty human nature can be. It seems like the righties are hell bent on destroying themselves.
Good intentions are causing wages to drop and high unemployment rates among the low skilled American workers.

They are breaking the law....lefties are bent on destroying America.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Your part of the problem!

"First they came for the agriculture jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a farm worker.
Then they came for the Construction workers jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a construction worker.
Then they came for the factory jobs
and I did not speak out
because I did not work in a factory
Then they came for my job
and there was no jobs left for me."
I can live with that.

The leftie backing unions are neck deep in support of amnesty, as are most progressive politicians.

Our government is hell bent on creating an America where the takers outnumber the makers.

But yea.....I'm the problem.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
SO you hired 2 guys that had no license or insurances and if they got hurt on your property could have sued you for everything you had. That's one hell of a chance to take, don't you think?

And then we have the mindset of you, you will not be effected, but one of those 3 companies and there employees were effected by your use of cheap, unlicensed labor, for which legally you must pay taxes on them as employees for you. Did you pay your employer taxes on them (provided they did not show you a business license for their company )?
I'm 100% AGAINST the influx of illegals into America.

I'm 100% AGAINST the lack of prosecution of illegals by our justice department.

I couldn't care less about licensing, taxes, etc.

As I said, I work in sales. Speaking proper English is very important. I will not be effected by these policies, except that it provides me with a pool of cheap labor in which to take advantage.

All of the dopes who support obama and his progressive policies are the very ones who will be competing with these folks for lower wage jobs than they have today.

Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration