U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM

20,979 posts, read 15,614,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You ARE part of the problem hiring ILLEGAL aliens. Sheesh!
They're here.

I stood against amnesty. I support closing the border once and for all. I was called a racist.

Our government has failed us.

I'm taking advantage.

But I'M the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:05 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's against the law to not prosecute illegals....it's against the law to have "sanctuary cities" that will not prosecute illegals.

I am just doing what I was instructed to do....welcome them with open arms, hire them so that they can support their children.

Remember, it's ALWAYS about "the children".
Instructed by whom? The anti-American traitors? You're going to follow their advice?

Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 AM

5,461 posts, read 4,577,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Your part of the problem!

"First they came for the agriculture jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a farm worker.
Then they came for the Construction workers jobs
and I did not speak out
because I was not a construction worker.
Then they came for the factory jobs
and I did not speak out
because I did not work in a factory
Then they came for my job
and there was no jobs left for me."
YES! So many American citizens are now forced to work for low wages because the illegals have set the bar so low.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:41 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Instructed by whom? The anti-American traitors? You're going to follow their advice?
They are in DC now putting together the biggest amnesty bill in history.
They are also changing laws for current legal immigrants as well.
One can now overstay their visa and not get in trouble and not have it held against you.
The number of H1-Bs is going to double.
The border..why we'll worry about that later.

Basically Congress is opening the gates. And you're calling people who give these "hard working undocumented workers" jobs anti-American ?

ROFLMAO.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:56 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
It's against the law to not prosecute illegals....it's against the law to have "sanctuary cities" that will not prosecute illegals.

I am just doing what I was instructed to do....welcome them with open arms, hire them so that they can support their children.

Remember, it's ALWAYS about "the children".
It's not against the law to prosecute illegals. The DOJ has authority over it and can choose to prosecute or not. (The DOJ is instructed by the President based on policy set by the President, this needs to be changed)

Sanctuary cities are not against the law, the feds have total control over illegals. (This is something that needs to be changed)

You weren't instructed to do anything of the sort.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:58 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
They're here.

I stood against amnesty. I support closing the border once and for all. I was called a racist.

Our government has failed us.

I'm taking advantage.

But I'M the problem.
I highlighted your own admission. Simply by paying them a wage you are perpetuating their existence here, dry up the funds and let them go somewhere else.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I highlighted your own admission. Simply by paying them a wage you are perpetuating their existence here, dry up the funds and let them go somewhere else.
Dry up the funds and they will just get on more government programs.
Many states use state money to fund welfare benefits for illegals.
Have one baby and all the doors open.

There is no going back. Amnesty will legalize tens of millions.
Lack of border control will allow millions more to arrive.

We have a government that has opened our doors and wallets to them.
We have a government that tells them they have rights and our legal system upholds their rights.
We have a government that just told them they can stay for 2 years and even get jobs.

There's nothing individuals can do. There's nothing states can do.
The Fed has ruled that only they can handle border/illegal issues and they choose not to.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Dry up the funds and they will just get on more government programs.
Many states use state money to fund welfare benefits for illegals.
Have one baby and all the doors open.

There is no going back. Amnesty will legalize tens of millions.
Lack of border control will allow millions more to arrive.

We have a government that has opened our doors and wallets to them.
We have a government that tells them they have rights and our legal system upholds their rights.
We have a government that just told them they can stay for 2 years and even get jobs.

There's nothing individuals can do. There's nothing states can do.
The Fed has ruled that only they can handle border/illegal issues and they choose not to.
IMHO except for some Dream Act people; I DON'T we're going to see any amnesty; more like nothing changes and most illegal aliens WILL stay illegal.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,434,303 times
BS. The typical American will sit at home on welfare or UI before doing labor intense menial work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That "grunt" work has always been done by Americans also and they do it just as well as anyone else. I surmise it's all about the "cheap" to you and nothing else. You must know that these workers are illegals or you wouldn't be able to make the claims that you did. Hate to tell you this but it's against the law.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:49 PM

16,694 posts, read 8,639,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People with the level of contempt for his fellow man as our friend alpha here are the prime reason people are fleeing the Republican party in droves these days. That's exactly the perception a lot of people have with that party. I like reading his posts though because they remind me of how nasty human nature can be. It seems like the righties are hell bent on destroying themselves.

Criminals aren't my fellow citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration