U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They ARE all over the place if you live in Los Angeles they are easy to pick out.

Here's what I have observed...

1. They look like little brown indians.
2. They stand on corners, freeway underpass intersections, or around parking lots with a (lumberyard, hardware store, Home Depot, or U-Haul nearby)
3. They have a backpack.
4. They are walking everywhere or ride bicycles.
5. They don't speak english.

That is straight out of the "How to spot an Illegal Alien Handbook" burned into the mind of anyone who lives in a city with an overwhelming population of them.

Oh, and "nobody walks in L.A." so they're really really easy to spot.

Nothing at all racist about my post or derogatory, I'm only stating the simple facts.
So if you saw a Native American you would assume its an illegal immigrant? OR what about me, light skin and standing at almost 6 feet. Would you consider me an illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Reputation: 9491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
So if you saw a Native American you would assume its an illegal immigrant? OR what about me, light skin and standing at almost 6 feet. Would you consider me an illegal
Are you standing on a street corner near a U-Haul, or lumberyard waiting to jump into a truck for some day work with a group of others who don't speak english?

And don't be a smart arse, every body knows the Native Americans are rich now they have tons of casinos, plus they've got drivers licenses for automobiles, and speak english. You're in California too, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Are you standing on a street corner near a U-Haul, or lumberyard waiting to jump into a truck for some day work with a group of others who don't speak english?

And don't be a smart arse, every body knows the Native Americans are rich now they have tons of casinos, plus they've got drivers licenses for automobiles, and speak english. You're in California too, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.
I might be renting a truck, who knows. Not all Native Americans are rich. Even though they get help from the Government, not all tribes own casinos. They need to assimilate already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Are you standing on a street corner near a U-Haul, or lumberyard waiting to jump into a truck for some day work with a group of others who don't speak english?

And don't be a smart arse, every body knows the Native Americans are rich now they have tons of casinos, plus they've got drivers licenses for automobiles, and speak english. You're in California too, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.
I have to side with ProLogic on this one: not all 'Rez's' have casinos------and, quite a few of them are still poor.

That stated: crossing from Fountain Hills here in Arizona onto the Fort McDowell reservation-------it is hard to tell where on starts and the other ends. Both communities are affluent.

20 years ago though Fort McDowell resembled Tijuana, not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Reputation: 9491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to side with ProLogic on this one: not all 'Rez's' have casinos------and, quite a few of them are still poor.

That stated: crossing from Fountain Hills here in Arizona onto the Fort McDowell reservation-------it is hard to tell where on starts and the other ends. Both communities are affluent.

20 years ago though Fort McDowell resembled Tijuana, not now.
Apparently neither you nor ProLogic know what sarcasm looks like. Every single native american isn't involved in a casino, but they do speak english, and they are natural born citizens.

My point still stands, read the handbook I wrote two or three threads up.

More sarcasm but there is truth in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
1. They look like little brown indians.

These are white American U.S. citizens

2. They stand on corners, freeway underpass intersections, or around parking lots

True and they usually have a cardboard sign that say's will work for food.
with a (lumberyard, hardware store, Home Depot, or U-Haul nearby)

3. They have a backpack.
Some do but most have a dog with them .

4. They are walking everywhere or ride bicycles.
some have bicycles but usually have a car parked not too far away

5. They don't speak english.

These speak English very well, they are white American citizens

These are in Portland Oregon and also have tent city called Dignity Village where the county gave them permission to live there.


That is your tax dollars at work, these people pan handle in front of stores which intimidates patrons of the store which affects the business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
 
162 posts, read 293,927 times
Reputation: 53
It seems Mexicangirl is listening a way different radio station... The problem is not about WHO or WHY foreigners come to America...the problem is HOW do this people come here.
Illegals are just getting into the country with no respect for our immigration laws and they expect to gain rights along the road..this is what is SO WRONG.
If we have Now Hiring signs all over, it doesnt mean we need illegal applying for those jobs, fact is they lie, they forge documents, take somebody's ID, etc, etc. Sorry, but we dont need any help from criminals, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
It seems Mexicangirl is listening a way different radio station... The problem is not about WHO or WHY foreigners come to America...the problem is HOW do this people come here.
Illegals are just getting into the country with no respect for our immigration laws and they expect to gain rights along the road..this is what is SO WRONG.
If we have Now Hiring signs all over, it doesnt mean we need illegal applying for those jobs, fact is they lie, they forge documents, take somebody's ID, etc, etc. Sorry, but we dont need any help from criminals, period.
As CATOGAMO stated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Reputation: 457
Now let me se.....................the original poster was from november or 07.
1 post and no others afterwards...................?????????????????/
Troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
1. They look like little brown indians.

These are white American U.S. citizens

2. They stand on corners, freeway underpass intersections, or around parking lots

True and they usually have a cardboard sign that say's will work for food.
with a (lumberyard, hardware store, Home Depot, or U-Haul nearby)

3. They have a backpack.
Some do but most have a dog with them .

4. They are walking everywhere or ride bicycles.
some have bicycles but usually have a car parked not too far away

5. They don't speak english.

These speak English very well, they are white American citizens

These are in Portland Oregon and also have tent city called Dignity Village where the county gave them permission to live there.


That is your tax dollars at work, these people pan handle in front of stores which intimidates patrons of the store which affects the business.
Gee, I wonder why these people are reduced to panhandling in front of stores....could it be that many have lost their jobs to illegal aliens who have undercut the wage base, driving wages down below a living wage? Ever wonder why you see so few homeless illegal aliens, but loads of homeless Americans?

I've spoken to several homeless guys in L.A., all of whom used to work in construction. Once the foremen figured out that they could hire two or three illegal aliens for the price of one American, the Americans got the boot.

It doesn't take a Wall Street economist to add two and two together here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top