U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Apparently neither you nor ProLogic know what sarcasm looks like. Every single native american isn't involved in a casino, but they do speak english, and they are natural born citizens.

My point still stands, read the handbook I wrote two or three threads up.

More sarcasm but there is truth in it.
Sarcasm does not always translate in print-----no 'tonal inflections'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Gee, I wonder why these people are reduced to panhandling in front of stores....could it be that many have lost their jobs to illegal aliens who have undercut the wage base, driving wages down below a living wage? Ever wonder why you see so few homeless illegal aliens, but loads of homeless Americans?

I've spoken to several homeless guys in L.A., all of whom used to work in construction. Once the foremen figured out that they could hire two or three illegal aliens for the price of one American, the Americans got the boot.

It doesn't take a Wall Street economist to add two and two together here....
No, as a matter of fact most have been interviewd and they have said that they like living there. I'm not talking about L.A. I'm talking about Portland, Oregon, we had people that chose to drink and live on the streets long before Illegals ever showed up. Most of the illegals in Oregon work in the fields.
Sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No, as a matter of fact most have been interviewd and they have said that they like living there. I'm not talking about L.A. I'm talking about Portland, Oregon, we had people that chose to drink and live on the streets long before Illegals ever showed up. Most of the illegals in Oregon work in the fields.
Sassy
You'll have to show me something to back up your statements, I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that most homeless people...

1.) have been interviewed and
2.) claim they like it

I'd also like to see something that proves most illegals work in the fields, knowing that I have friends there in the homebuilding industry that rail about illegals costing them jobs and money.

Think you can do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You'll have to show me something to back up your statements, I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that most homeless people...

1.) have been interviewed and
2.) claim they like it

I'd also like to see something that proves most illegals work in the fields, knowing that I have friends there in the homebuilding industry that rail about illegals costing them jobs and money.

Think you can do that?
Since I moved from Oregon from living there all my life up until 4 years ago, to send you something about the street people would be difficult.T
they interview the street people in Oregon in the winter when they are trying to give them free sleeping bags, clothes, etc. If your friend lives in Portland and has a problem with the illegals all he has to do is make a phone call,
The field workers are in Hillsboro, and the outskirts of the metro area.
Sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
I once lived in Portland myself back in the late 70's. The friends I have there keep me well informed of the situation there. Teddy K. finally signed the bill denying driver's licenses to illegals, but the Mexican Consulate still runs around giving out Matricula cards to anyone that wants one. All they have to do is speak Spanish, they don't have to prove who they are or ANYTHING.

You should visit the Oregons for Immigration Reform website. It seems even the tree-huggers are getting fed up with the garbage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I once lived in Portland myself back in the late 70's. The friends I have there keep me well informed of the situation there. Teddy K. finally signed the bill denying driver's licenses to illegals, but the Mexican Consulate still runs around giving out Matricula cards to anyone that wants one. All they have to do is speak Spanish, they don't have to prove who they are or ANYTHING.

You should visit the Oregons for Immigration Reform website. It seems even the tree-huggers are getting fed up with the garbage...
I have heard of those cards, and Portland is a very Liberal City. In fact way too Liberal for me but oh well. Are you sure they do not have to show any documentation for the cards?
sassy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I once lived in Portland myself back in the late 70's. The friends I have there keep me well informed of the situation there. Teddy K. finally signed the bill denying driver's licenses to illegals, but the Mexican Consulate still runs around giving out Matricula cards to anyone that wants one. All they have to do is speak Spanish, they don't have to prove who they are or ANYTHING.

You should visit the Oregons for Immigration Reform website. It seems even the tree-huggers are getting fed up with the garbage...
Anymore; that does not surprise me----------many self described Bleeding Hearts are becoming uber pissed at the illegal immigrant invasion as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top