U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Too the 'Hispanic' homeless may get mistaken for American Indians------most brunette Latinos are Indian, genetically speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Nope! I live in a very Hispanic state and area. I have NEVER seen a Hispanic homeless beggar.
Though this is off topic, I'd like to point this out: Many, I won't say all or most, but many homeless especially in SF are war veterans who came back from Vietnam extremely traumatized and unable to function in society. They lost their sanity fighting for our country. Others were drug addicts who ruined their own life, or are just lazy. But to go back into topic, I'd rather be homeless than live with 20 other people in a 1 bedroom apartment, which is how many illegals survive on their ridiculous wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Though this is off topic, I'd like to point this out: Many, I won't say all or most, but many homeless especially in SF are war veterans who came back from Vietnam extremely traumatized and unable to function in society. They lost their sanity fighting for our country. Others were drug addicts who ruined their own life, or are just lazy. But to go back into topic, I'd rather be homeless than live with 20 other people in a 1 bedroom apartment, which is how many illegals survive on their ridiculous wage.
I'd like to point out that they are lazy. I have a neighbor who was in the Vietnam who mooches on his wife. He is a very mean man who every time I would go play with his Grand daughter and I did something he didn't agree with he would come tell my parents (This was about 5 years ago). He's friggen crazy. He's still able to function normally though-- he's just lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'd like to point out that they are lazy. I have a neighbor who was in the Vietnam who mooches on his wife. He is a very mean man who every time I would go play with his Grand daughter and I did something he didn't agree with he would come tell my parents (This was about 5 years ago). He's friggen crazy. He's still able to function normally though-- he's just lazy.
You can't generalize an entire group of people. Many vets were poisoned with agent orange by our own government and have mental problems because of it, therefor unable to function in society. Anyway, this is off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You can't generalize an entire group of people. Many vets were poisoned with agent orange by our own government and have mental problems because of it, therefor unable to function in society. Anyway, this is off topic.
Well then why isn't the government doing anything about it because legally it was there "fault".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well then why isn't the government doing anything about it because legally it was there "fault".
Why isn't the government doing anything about the illegal immigration problem that's so out of control because of their lack to enforce policy? Sometimes the government doesn't make sense nor take responsibility for their actions. The reason for current take on the whole issue is that "We the people" are so angry about the whole thing that the government is finally starting to listen (I hope).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
Reputation: 8976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well then why isn't the government doing anything about it because legally it was there "fault".
ahhh Pro....that is an entirely different barrell of snakes......and some very nasty snakes they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well then why isn't the government doing anything about it because legally it was there "fault".
Wish I was your age again, ProLogic--your sense of "rightness" is enviable. To put it quite simply, the Government doesn't "do anything" about this because if they ever freely admitted that one Viet Nam vet had problems that were "its fault", they'd suddenly be liable for multiple millions of dollars for ALL the vets in that condition.
Same with the cancer victims who lived "downwind" from the Nevada Test Site--and the Hanford Reservation in Washington. It's pretty obvious that many people have all sorts of cancers from living near these nuclear sites. But the government won't admit fault, because if they did, the costs would probably bankrupt all of us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Reputation: 111
I don't blame you MexicanGirl, alot of the people on this website don't know better though. I forgive them even though there views are very ignorant and racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I don't blame you MexicanGirl, alot of the people on this website don't know better though. I forgive them even though there views are very ignorant and racist.
Sorry sir, you are wrong. I have yet to see a post yet that I felt was racist. Not to say those opinions aren't out there, but at least on this forum I have not seen it, other than from the MEChA and La Raza crowd. Pro-illegals throw around the term "racist" in place of "anti illegal immigration" or "realist". Also most on here against illegal immigration are quite knowledgable and site documented facts on the situation, and their views are anything but "ignorant". The only people I view as ignorant are those who think "They're nice people, and they work hard, so why is it a problem?". Anyone educated with the facts and figures looks at the entire situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top