U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Who gives a whit what they are called? They are illegals and hence criminals and should be deported immediately.

Obviously you care enough to post about it
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,017,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They're probably, Jornaleros.
Spanish is not the foreign language that I studied and readily can understand: I chose another. What did you mean to convey with your comment? And my observation indeed was based upon espying homeless beggars that yell in Spanish here in Los Angeles.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I said, HOMELESS BEGGAR. Never seen one. Just because they are living in a shack doesn't mean they are beggars. They're probably, Jornaleros.
Merely because YOU have not seen "one", does not mean that others have not!

As another said PL - get over yourself!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
To bad we can post pics here. I would show you hispanic begger or if really lucky several standing on the corner of Main and Shartel, OK CIty with no problemo

Old 02-24-2008, 03:28 PM

226 posts, read 268,773 times
Sorry you feel that way macmeal but it's true. So...sorry, I disagree. Will I get banned again?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,334,721 times
That's the truth. One may be here on a work visa and speak a little English, then bring in many others to live in a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. My husband has to paint those apartments after they're thrown out--what a mess. If one is homeless, they'll just put him in the apartment with them. The guy with the work visa just makes money off them.

Until we crack down on the employers doing the exploiting, this will continue to be a problem and we'll have to hear from illegals who are demanding free medical care and education at our expense, without paying dime one in taxes, who walk into a hospital, get treatment and just walk right out knowing they don't have to pay, and then tell us we better get right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
But to go back into topic, I'd rather be homeless than live with 20 other people in a 1 bedroom apartment, which is how many illegals survive on their ridiculous wage.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,334,721 times
Positive rep to you. I don't have a problem with race. I have a problem with theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Sorry sir, you are wrong. I have yet to see a post yet that I felt was racist. Not to say those opinions aren't out there, but at least on this forum I have not seen it, other than from the MEChA and La Raza crowd. Pro-illegals throw around the term "racist" in place of "anti illegal immigration" or "realist". Also most on here against illegal immigration are quite knowledgable and site documented facts on the situation, and their views are anything but "ignorant". The only people I view as ignorant are those who think "They're nice people, and they work hard, so why is it a problem?". Anyone educated with the facts and figures looks at the entire situation.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
That's the truth. One may be here on a work visa and speak a little English, then bring in many others to live in a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. My husband has to paint those apartments after they're thrown out--what a mess. If one is homeless, they'll just put him in the apartment with them. The guy with the work visa just makes money off them.

Until we crack down on the employers doing the exploiting, this will continue to be a problem and we'll have to hear from illegals who are demanding free medical care and education at our expense, without paying dime one in taxes, who walk into a hospital, get treatment and just walk right out knowing they don't have to pay, and then tell us we better get right.
Our Employer Sanctions Law here in Arizona is doing just that--------running those losers off

Old 02-25-2008, 12:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Merely because YOU have not seen "one", does not mean that others have not!

As another said PL - get over yourself!
You'll have to forgive PL, he tries to defend those of his own race to be "not as bad" as other races. He has made it clear on this thread that the Mexican homeless aren't as bad as the white or black homeless, and on another thread he's arguing that MEChA and Chicano nationalists aren't as bad as the KKK, even though BOTH are groups filled with ignorance and seek the betterment and supremacy of their own race and to hell with every other race. Seems like a tad bit of hypocricy to me.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:38 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Default I'll tell you what they look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
They are just here for the free handouts that America is letting them have. They are all over the place, they aren't hard to pick out..none speak english and they look like wet backs. Go HOME
They ARE all over the place if you live in Los Angeles they are easy to pick out.

Here's what I have observed...

1. They look like little brown indians.
2. They stand on corners, freeway underpass intersections, or around parking lots with a (lumberyard, hardware store, Home Depot, or U-Haul nearby)
3. They have a backpack.
4. They are walking everywhere or ride bicycles.
5. They don't speak english.

That is straight out of the "How to spot an Illegal Alien Handbook" burned into the mind of anyone who lives in a city with an overwhelming population of them.

Oh, and "nobody walks in L.A." so they're really really easy to spot.

Nothing at all racist about my post or derogatory, I'm only stating the simple facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration