Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

I have to say something in defense of Mexican girl, you might not agree with me but it's something that frustrates me.

Right now I'm in Brazil, working legally but my visa is valid only for 3 months, I can renew it for other 3 months, but after that I have to wait 6 months to get a new one

And I simply love this country, so many times I've dreamnt of living here but I either have to marry a Brazilian, have a child here, pay 50,000 dollars or be hired by a firm that has to unergo through lots of paperwork, and all this simply seems unfair to me.

imho opinion my job here does a lot of good, I've trained a lot of people to make a living of what they love, thus creating jobs! why does the world have to be like this??

this is the reason I'm always starting threads about open borders.

ps, this doesn't mean I don't love my country it is just that it would be awesome if I could live and work everywhere I wanted (which I do) but it has a lot of restrictions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I have to say something in defense of Mexican girl, you might not agree with me but it's something that frustrates me.

Right now I'm in Brazil, working legally but my visa is valid only for 3 months, I can renew it for other 3 months, but after that I have to wait 6 months to get a new one

And I simply love this country, so many times I've dreamnt of living here but I either have to marry a Brazilian, have a child here, pay 50,000 dollars or be hired by a firm that has to unergo through lots of paperwork, and all this simply seems unfair to me.

imho opinion my job here does a lot of good, I've trained a lot of people to make a living of what they love, thus creating jobs! why does the world have to be like this??

this is the reason I'm always starting threads about open borders.

ps, this doesn't mean I don't love my country it is just that it would be awesome if I could live and work everywhere I wanted (which I do) but it has a lot of restrictions

In a perfect world travelling fella, in a perfect world. There are many countries that I would love to live in, for a time at least. But, I do respect their laws and wouldn't want to usurp their laws for my own benefit.

The world isn't ready for open borders and probably never will; the logistics, economics, and about a zillion other obstacles stand in the way. Perhaps in the year 3030?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
I've never seen a homeless Hispanic man. Like the ones you see begging in the street. Never seen one.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Life is not fair - that's something we teach in the United States that perhaps the latin countries do not...

Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,031 times
Posted by' mexican_nproud
I think very different to some of the people here. First of all they think its a good thing they passed this law. People from other places come to the U.S to better themselves and their family. Americans say we come to take their jobs, that is some bull...For example when im driving around i see lots of "hiring" signs, but something i do not see is Americans who need a job going to get the job, instead I see them in DHS offices no offence but mainly white and black men in there, also BEGGING in the streets for money and food. And people saying mexicans take their job,and therefore that is why they dont have a job is just an excuse to not work. Us mexicans and people from other places (not born in the US) we are here to better our selves, and we dont put any excuses.

[+] Rate this post positively
So are you illegal? and if so do you not see how that post could offend american people.
1. If you are legal then you are giving your opinion and that is your right.

2. Your illegal then you have no rights to any of those jobs they do not belong to you and your voice is meaningless.

take not the '' we dont put up any excuses'' whats your excuse for being here and breaking our laws and telling us to get over it!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I've never seen a homeless Hispanic man. Like the ones you see begging in the street. Never seen one.
Nobody is denying the work ethic of Hispanics, especially those here illegally. That's not the question and is off topic.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
In a perfect world travelling fella, in a perfect world. There are many countries that I would love to live in, for a time at least. But, I do respect their laws and wouldn't want to usurp their laws for my own benefit.

The world isn't ready for open borders and probably never will; the logistics, economics, and about a zillion other obstacles stand in the way. Perhaps in the year 3030?
That I understand and that's the reason I respect the laws and enjoy the most the time I can legally do it.

but you have to agree that it is only fair that I try as hard as I can to pursue a world like that? obviously I use the system to change the system, that way I can get away with it because I'm not breaking any law

Music gives me a voice that I can use, teaching people too and as long as there is a tiny spark of life in this body I'm gonna continue

btw who says that life isn't fair, imho it has been super fair!! but there's always room for improvement

If we could abolish slavery, give rights to women, accept people with different sexual preferences than us, build democratic governments, and so many other achievements why can't we achieve this goal?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
That I understand and that's the reason I respect the laws and enjoy the most the time I can legally do it.

but you have to agree that it is only fair that I try as hard as I can to pursue a world like that?

Music gives me a voice that I can use, teaching people too and as long as there is a tiny spark of life in this body I'm gonna continue

btw who says that life isn't fair, imho it has been super fair!! but there's always room for improvement
All that I can say in rebuttal is that I wish there were about one billion more people like you out there. Seriously.
If I ever come to Mexico, I want to hook up with you and have you show me around.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
If people are here illegally I don't care what they think. They need to go home now, I am sick of the their lame excuses. We have laws in this country. We welcome legal immigrants but have no use for illegals.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
All that I can say in rebuttal is that I wish there were about one billion more people like you out there. Seriously.
If I ever come to Mexico, I want to hook up with you and have you show me around.
Thank you Synopsys but I'm no one man, but a flawed and imperfect human being, like everybody else.

but my home is yours, I'd love to show you why I love Mexico so much and share it with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration