U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM

22 posts, read 34,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
That's exactly what i say about Christianity.

It dictates how the christian lives and votes.
Did Christ advocate killing infidels? And aside from a bit of
problem at the turn of the 20th century with Italian anarchists,
hardly done in the name of religion,
what immigrant Christian group has shamelessly presented
America with a terrorist problem?

Let's watch our analogies and stop being naive or America
will become even more of a divided mess than it is.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM

32,339 posts, read 14,918,167 times
Quote:
thats what we said about the Japanese, too.
To my knowledge there were no welfare programs back when the Japanese wanted to migrate here.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
What makes you think they will be on welfare, and what position do you hold in government that enables you to have first hand knowledge of what kind of workers that we need???

(i know i will not get a straight answer for these questions)
Low wage earners depend on welfare to subsidize their income. Most coming here illegally are low wage earners and have children. Obviously since illegal immigration has impacted the blue-collared workforce the most we don't need more of those types of workers especially since we have 23 million Americans out of work. Are those answers straight enough for you?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
And if corporations paid a living wage, then there would be a lot less problems.
The greedy ones don't want to pay a living wage and that is why they hire illegals instead.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:28 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,549,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It will take a miracle for major immigration legislation to pass this year, despite the energy that will be demonstrated in the Senate this week. The Senate has done this already, in 2006. The House has not, at least not since a sizable chunk of its members were children, in 1986.

It's Not Gonna Happen on Immigration

It's looking real bad for illegal aliens in the US.
If CIR is not passed, what will change?

Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
They pay peanuts no matter what color skin they employ
It has nothing to do with skin color. There is a large supply of illegals willing to work for peanuts and therefore that is what they pay. Remove illegals from the equasion and they would have to pay a fair wage to an American in order to stay in business.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
We won't be adding millions of illegals and their families to our society permanently.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM

22 posts, read 34,013 times
Quote:
your god advocated killing. So yes he did.
Im sure you read the bible and you know how violent it is. But i guess if it doesnt fit the agenda...
Cite me the passage in the bible where Christ says it's okay to kill
infidels and I will stand corrected.

Without getting too theological on an immigration list, can you explain
to me what you mean by "your" god? You sound like either an
atheist or someone with strong feelings about Judeo-Christian
concepts of a master being.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
So, let me get this right, if you remove all of the immigrants from these low paying jobs and placed "good ole white boys and girls" in these same positions at walmart/McD's, then you're saying these places will pay $10-12 per hour??

LMFAO! good one, glory
Who's talking about "immigrants"? The topic is illegals not immigrants. Why the reference to race? There are Americans of all races/ethnicities that have been negatively impacted by the loss of jobs to illegals. Whatever the minimum wage is that is the bottom line that an employer by law has to pay a legal worker. They can get away with paying an illegal less and that's why they hire them. To my knowledge Wal-Mart had illegals working in janitorial jobs but it was the contractor that hired them that was guilty not Wal-Mart itself. As for Mc Donald's my local one has an e-verify sign on display. So I doubt they are hiring illegals or that any of them would have the nerve to apply for a job there. Who's laughing now?

Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,453,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Illegal aliens WILL be more scared since it be a gut blow to them. IMHO more and more will go back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or