U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,546 posts, read 1,778,016 times
Reputation: 949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Illegal aliens WILL be more scared since it be a gut blow to them. IMHO more and more will go back home.
Why more scared? They went through the same thing about 7 years ago and did not scare them then.

 
Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Why more scared? They went through the same thing about 7 years ago and did not scare them then.
Uh; when knocked down a few times; people, especially criminals start getting real worried. Illegal aliens ARE criminals.
 
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It has nothing to do with skin color. There is a large supply of illegals willing to work for peanuts and therefore that is what they pay. Remove illegals from the equasion and they would have to pay a fair wage to an American in order to stay in business.

Yeah tell me about it, found out the hard way in 2010. Construction industry, is over ridden with illegals, it is sickning.

And not all illegals are working for peanuts, this is what pisses me the hell off. And there are plenty of americans still out of work.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM
 
31,516 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8386
Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
Sill havent answered my question.
Yes I did if you are referring to the wages that employers will have to pay to Americans with the exit of illegals from our country. Go back and read my post again. How about you answering my questions now?
 
Old 06-29-2013, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
27,853 posts, read 37,873,803 times
Reputation: 17418
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There should be no talk of adding millions more cheap workers to the legal labor pools until unemployment rates are below 4% and most American citizens are gainfully employed. The politicians forgot they are the public servants of the AMERICAN people. They're working for foreigners.
LMAO! The politicians are servants of those who fund their re-election campaigns, pay for their trips and favors, and court them with lobbyists. The "public" was sidelined years ago and Citizens United cemented that. The politicians, it seems to me, are doing the exactly what one would expect in the corrupt political arena that exists for them.
 
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
So, let me get this right, if you remove all of the immigrants from these low paying jobs and placed "good ole white boys and girls" in these same positions at walmart/McD's, then you're saying these places will pay $10-12 per hour??

LMFAO! good one, glory
You keep referring to "immigrants" instead of illegal aliens. That is either because you can't read the title
of the forum "illegal immigration" or you want to divert the conversation with a strawman argument or two. Which is it ? Those red herrings are starting to smell.........
 
Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
You keep referring to "immigrants" instead of illegal aliens. That is either because you can't read the title
of the forum "illegal immigration" or you want to divert the conversation with a strawman argument or two. Which is it ? Those red herrings are starting to smell.........
You've missed the discussion within P&OC of how far that focus extends off illegal aliens...
 
Old 06-30-2013, 11:49 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,427 posts, read 5,524,574 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Good, maybe they will go back to where they belong and we can pass real immigration reform:
* 5 year moratorium on all immigration
* national quotas favoring Europe & Asia, and heavily stacked against Latin America
* less than 100,000 legal immigrants per year
* must have a college degree
* must pass an English competency exam
* must renounce all loyalty to their former country, including citizenship in that country.
* complete abolition of student visas
* 75% reduction in work visas
* permanent ban on all immigration from Islamic nations
Love your ideas...
 
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,427 posts, read 5,524,574 times
Reputation: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
What makes you think they will be on welfare, and what position do you hold in government that enables you to have first hand knowledge of what kind of workers that we need???

(i know i will not get a straight answer for these questions)



Yep! I totally agree.
The Boston bombers and there family......
 
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 AM
 
31,516 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8386
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
You keep referring to "immigrants" instead of illegal aliens. That is either because you can't read the title
of the forum "illegal immigration" or you want to divert the conversation with a strawman argument or two. Which is it ? Those red herrings are starting to smell.........
Not only that but why did he only mention "white boys and girls" in regards to working? Illegal immigrants are only taking jobs from so-called lazy white Americans? These people will never stop using the race card and I find it pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top