U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM

16,702 posts, read 8,653,718 times

Advertisements

They know exactly what it is. They aren't idiots.

The thing is, you guys missed what a politician really cares. If you think any one of them will care about the country, the people or the future, you are utterly wrong! They care only one thing and one thing only: votes. These 30+ million illegals will vote for Democrats.

What puzzles me is why the Republicans are going along with this. This illegal immigration bill would mark the end of the GOP if passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 AM

31,634 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

The thing is, you guys missed what a politician really cares. If you think any one of them will care about the country, the people or the future, you are utterly wrong! They care only one thing and one thing only: votes. These 30+ million illegals will vote for Democrats.

What puzzles me is why the Republicans are going along with this. This illegal immigration bill would mark the end of the GOP if passed.
Because like the Democrats the Republicans think it will garner them more of the Hispanic-American vote. It is a shame that either party would pander to a certain group by thumbing their noses at our immigration laws and the national interest.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Agreed since the Repubs would also be traitors IMHO.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 AM

16,702 posts, read 8,653,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because like the Democrats the Republicans think it will garner them more of the Hispanic-American vote. It is a shame that either party would pander to a certain group by thumbing their noses at our immigration laws and the national interest.

I guess they don't care about the Republican party either as they can easily switch to Democrats when it suits them.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,996,199 times
Quote:
In larger companies it is the HR dept. that either knowingly or unknowingly hires them not the employer themselves.
HR doesn't make policy independently. HR follows policies established by corporate management. We're probably talking mostly about small businesses, so "HR" is the owner of the company, or someone very close. Yes, E-Verify is hugely important. Stoping employers from continuing to lure the illegals into the country should be priority No. 1.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
HR doesn't make policy independently. HR follows policies established by corporate management. We're probably talking mostly about small businesses, so "HR" is the owner of the company, or someone very close. Yes, E-Verify is hugely important. Stoping employers from continuing to lure the illegals into the country should be priority No. 1.
Do you actually think that HR employees always follow policy? I wish I had the link saved but there was one company that was busted for hiring illegals when it was an HR person that had looked the other way. If memory serves me right the HR person was Hispanic. Coincidence? I don't know but......

The owner of the company claimed ignorance of it but who knows for sure.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,996,199 times
Quote:
If memory serves me right the HR person was Hispanic. Coincidence? I don't know but......
You certainly do find the coincidences. i wonder why that is? Real, or imagined?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You certainly do find the coincidences. i wonder why that is? Real, or imagined?
If I could find the link to the incident you would understand why anyone would wonder.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM

23,615 posts, read 31,183,401 times
You know what would happen if I consistently defied my boss's wishes for years on end?

I'd be fired.

And I'd deserve it.

When are we going to FIRE these idiots in Congress? They are going to keep selling us down the river until we do. It is PLAINLY obvious that neither party has the best interests of AMERICANS at heart. They're fighting over a voting bloc. It's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're their bosses.

Time to roll up our sleeves and start some grassroots efforts to get these lazy fatcat incumbents the HELL out of office.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Quote:
Sort of reminds me of the old commercials. They show a car that is unlocked with the keys in it.
"Don't let a good boy go bad. Lock your car and take the keys with you."
No good boys don't steal cars.
Good immigrants don't violate immigration laws.
I agree punish the greedy employers. Including the Joe Cheapskates who troll the Home depot parking lots looking for cheap labor.
No way should the illegal get a free pass for their crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration