U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 AM

10,026 posts, read 8,956,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's SSI (Supplemental Security Income), not the regular Social Security program (which an immigrant may have not paid into for 40 quarters of work if they came here past middle-aged). To qualify as an immigrant, they must be over the age of 65, legally present in the United States for at least three years, and below a certain income (typically below $450 per month, with liquid assets below $2,000). This is nothing new, it's been an issue for decades (damn that Obama!), with more elderly of immigrant-origin than native-born Americans participating in the program.
This was back when Bush sr was in power that I saw this happen but it's not fair when anyone comes here, never paid in and gets free assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 AM

11,435 posts, read 16,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Unbelievable!!! 30 years!

LOL. The hospital officials got this one right for a change. I wish that the hospitals, dialysis centers and ALL police authorities would deport these criminals as soon as they discover that they're illegal.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 AM

11,435 posts, read 16,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This was back when Bush sr was in power that I saw this happen but it's not fair when anyone comes here, never paid in and gets free assistance.
I've been saying this all along since I often see it. If they legalize the illegals that are here, those immigrants will end up working for less time and qualifying for more free benefits due to the extremely progressive nature of our retirement entitlements. Meanwhile, our parents and grandparents won't qualify for any freebies and will in fact pay for their Medicare Part B benefits and associated copayments of their insurance.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,175,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
LOL. The hospital officials got this one right for a change. I wish that the hospitals, dialysis centers and ALL police authorities would deport these criminals as soon as they discover that they're illegal.
They should deport pregnant illegals too!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:50 PM

23,688 posts, read 31,568,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Oh well. Poland ain't a rat hole like Haiti is in 2013. This Polish dude will be Ok back home.
Yup, he'll be fine. Poland 30 years ago was a communist craphole behind the Iron Curtain.

Poland today has its issues but it's not a horrible or dangerous place to live. I know. I lived there.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,054,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Correct, it was slightly before 1990 that more immigrants started using SSI. By definition, SSI requires legal residency. This is not an issue relating to illegal immigration.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 AM

47,576 posts, read 59,224,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Unbelievable!!! 30 years!
And 30 years to figure out buying health insurance here is a good idea, just another case of an immigrant unable to assimilate and make it here -- I'm glad he's back home. It's time some of these other countries start taking care of their own people. The USA is spending far too much on mooching foreigners that our own citizens are going without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration