U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
 
1,368 posts, read 1,634,268 times
Reputation: 1111

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I don't care what language you speak as long as you work hard to make my business prosper.
...
.....and don't be a moper or you'll be tried, weighed, and found unwanted.

 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,137,527 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
No you defined Assimilation. You did not provide examples of how one should assimilate to American culture.
You are being lazy. If you don't want to go back & read, it shows your attitude toward American culture & the subject.

If you have to ask multiple times & not know, you must despise American history, heritage & culture.

I find it rude & disrespectful to play dumb & not know.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,137,527 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually, it's good practice to make sure you are using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation in English. Especially, since, you are vociferous in that every single foreigner living in the US speak in fluent English in just a few years
As I said previously. You loose on your argument & hate the message so you fall back on attacking the messenger.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,450,070 times
Reputation: 7824
What exactly is American culture?
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 876,379 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It is so sad that folk believe...have beed sold a myth... that they are the owners of country they barely know. How sad for these people to believe they are losing something they never had and never was thiers.
so is the western US rightfully Mexico's?
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
 
15,796 posts, read 8,629,167 times
Reputation: 6249
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's so controversial about that? I've been saying that for years. Because it's true.
and just because you have been saying it does not mean it represents any form of truth.

Every single person of import who has weighed in opposing amnesty have made two important points.
1. do not reward law-breakers
2. increase LEGAL immagration.


Point two undoes your lunitic accusation.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,256,368 times
Reputation: 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
As I said previously. You loose on your argument & hate the message so you fall back on attacking the messenger.
What message? You haven't given us anything but semantics and more beatings around the bush. The only argument we're having here is you telling me, in extremely extremely vague terms, what American culture and heritage is.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,220,722 times
Reputation: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You are being lazy. If you don't want to go back & read, it shows your attitude toward American culture & the subject.

If you have to ask multiple times & not know, you must despise American history, heritage & culture.

I find it rude & disrespectful to play dumb & not know.
Sir, your answers are enough to prove your complete ignorance. We are done.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
 
32,022 posts, read 14,777,184 times
Reputation: 8553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and just because you have been saying it does not mean it represents any form of truth.

Every single person of import who has weighed in opposing amnesty have made two important points.
1. do not reward law-breakers
2. increase LEGAL immagration.


Point two undoes your lunitic accusation.
Yes, it does but that won't stop him or any other pro-illegal advocate from pulling the race card anyway. It's what they do when they can't justify their advocacy for illegal aliens in our country and rewarding them for breaking our immigration laws.
 
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,220,722 times
Reputation: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What exactly is American culture?
Ask Allamerican- He has set the bar for when one has assimilated to American culture yet is unable to provide one Example of American Culture.
Then attacks me stating I hate my country.


Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top