U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM

33,046 posts, read 20,720,491 times

Advertisements

That's odd, my fears are that I'll lose my job to a newly-documented worker, my low wage will be undercut, and gangbangers will take over my neighborhood, with overall results being a decline in my economic and physical safety.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
No it can't be because people believe that if you reward criminal behavior that it will invite more of the same.
No it can't be that some feel that illegals should be held as accountable if not more for crimes that would send legal citizens to prison.
No it can't be because we see granting illegals this reward is a slap in the face to legal immigrants who obeyed our laws.
No it can only be about racism.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:25 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's so controversial about that? I've been saying that for years. Because it's true.
Uh; I'm def "white" of Irish family and I'd feel that SAME way about ILLEGAL aliens from Ireland, even pasty white skin ones.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It is not racist it is arrogant.
Who are you and the rest of the elitist wasps to judge what America's "national identity, demographics, culture and language" should be.
Uh; that same thing can be said about ANY country in the world. Remember some real bad wars were fought over what you just said. Sheesh!

Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Race IS part of the underlying issue...sorry to inform you.

If 12 million non English speaking Swedes were invading the border, this conversation would still exist, but the tone would be different.

But by the same token, if The Congo was our border neighbor instead of Mexico, that border fence would've been built a century ago and high enough that an airplane couldn't get over it...let alone a human.

I mean, lets keep it real and at least be truthful about where we stand. Geez.
"If 12 million non English speaking Swedes were invading the border, this conversation would still exist, but the tone would be different."

I'd be just as pissed and STILL would want those kind of people OUT of the US, by FORCE if needed and I'm def "white".

Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It is so sad that folk believe...have beed sold a myth... that they are the owners of country they barely know. How sad for these people to believe they are losing something they never had and never was thiers.
If I understand what you're say: the SAME thing can be said about Mexico and any other country in 2013.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
1. No, it's not. You're engaging in semantics and word play. I seriously doubt you would find zero issue if the US dumped it's immigration laws and allows total freedom of movement in and out of the US just like Libertarians want it to be.

2. Pretty much the only thing I'll agree with you on here

3. Yes, they came from much different backgrounds than today. What's so different about today's Mexicans and yesterday's Germans, Italians, Russians, Swedes, Danes, and French? Back then, cultural differences were much more distinct than they are today. Today, almost all foreigners wear the same clothes, live identical lives, watch the same TV programs (even if they are in a different language) and even listen to the same music.
HUGE difference right here! Back in the day the "dirty" Italians, "Catholic" Irish and so on came here LEGALLY; at least by the laws of the US 100 years ago. Too; word was about 1 Italian in 3 went BACK to Italy for various reasons; probably more of the "Viva Italia" kind with the rest really becoming "American" which in many cases meant NOT speaking to their US born kids in Italian, just English.

We're talking about ILLEGAL aliens in 2013.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So one should conform to "this country?" What does that even mean? And why should anyone conform to others "out of respect of the country?" That is just a slap in the face to personal freedom.
Probably in the sense like a progressive liberal in California supports high taxes, supports gun control, supports free everything to illegal immigrants, supports smoking bans, supports higher utility bills to "save the environment", and all the other stuff they support then when it gets in their way they move to Utah , Nevada or Texas because those states are prospering because of the opposite and then the liberal transplant proceeds to demand higher taxes , gun control, free handout to illegals, smoking bans and stuff when the native people in these states see it as a slap to their face to their freedom and were happy the way life was.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,211,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
White supremacist hatred isn't limited to race. They also hate Jews, immigrants, gays, and communists.

You should know.
How so? Because I'm Russian? Russians aren't communist.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,022,377 times
Default Spot on about the underbelly;

INSECURITY defines the bigot. He's right. You're on the WRONG SIDE of this matter too.

Insecurity and bigotry created and drives Republicans. No surprise it drives the anti-amnesty movement. The more of these enlightened anti-Conservative immigrants we can get here to vote, the less this country has to worry about the atrocious, regressive influence of the hapless GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or