U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,265,302 times
Reputation: 7824

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Rock and Roll music is as American as you can get, and it was created by Black folks.
Exactly, American Culture is the blending of cultures from around the world, and because of that, American Culture will always be evolving.

 
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,255,415 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, American Culture is the blending of cultures from around the world, and because of that, American Culture will always be evolving.
Americans love pizza brought over by the Italians, and beer, brought over by the Germans and Czech's
 
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM
 
349 posts, read 212,114 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, American Culture is the blending of cultures from around the world, and because of that, American Culture will always be evolving.
Can we cut the crap? I think we all know that the gripe with some white people is that they will no longer have the priveledge of walking into any social, political, or decision making environement and by default of skin color have more credibility and worth than all the other non-white folk in the room.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,265,302 times
Reputation: 7824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Americans love pizza brought over by the Italians, and beer, brought over by the Germans and Czech's
Pancakes come from ancient Greece, bacon started as a European treat.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 49,547,847 times
Reputation: 24548
I wonder why so many consider only Hispanics are illegal immigrants. I also wonder why these people of European ancestry are not assumed to be white.

Our culture will change and the racial dominace will change with it. It is better to change than to break.

MOSO311 got it right.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,209,779 times
Reputation: 3425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Can we cut the crap? I think we all know that the gripe with some white people is that they will no longer have the priveledge of walking into any social, political, or decision making environement and by default of skin color have more credibility and worth than all the other non-white folk in the room.
Aside from maybe 2 people in this thread, I don't think that is the issue at all. Besides, have you been to LatAm? Having white skin down there does give you more credibility. How about a compromise though? Let's not give amnesty to any illegals, but rather import a bunch of Chinese and Indians? Most of the people in my credit risk modeling class were not even American, yet when they finish their degree program they do not get to stay. However, 3 restaurants near me employ illegal labor that will get to stay.

WTF is up with that? Seriously?
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 AM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,452,602 times
Reputation: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder why so many consider only Hispanics are illegal immigrants. I also wonder why these people of European ancestry are not assumed to be white.

Our culture will change and the racial dominace will change with it. It is better to change than to break.

MOSO311 got it right.
There are many things that ''WILL BREAK' when we good citizens are pushed far enough. An illegal invader IS an illegal invader.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Mexicano culture also is apart of our country as much as Irish culture and Italian culture and African American Soul culture.

You don't get to pick and choose which culture you want to accept as American Culture.
Mexico culture is just that. Mexican
Italian culture is just that Italian.

No one is picking & choosing. You are the one cherry picking.

Heritage is derived.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Rock and Roll music is as American as you can get, and it was created by Black folks.
Still American as is Baseball & Basketball
 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,265,302 times
Reputation: 7824
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Mexico culture is just that. Mexican
Italian culture is just that Italian.

No one is picking & choosing. You are the one cherry picking.

Heritage is derived.
Yet they are all celebrated in American culture. Our culture comes from all over the world to create American culture, it would be silly to deny that and to think we have created something uniquely our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top