U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:45 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Amen. It's ALWAYS been about this. Anytime their is an increase in the non-white population it makes headlines.
How is that being done?

Anyway race/ethnicity is always the scapegoat to change the underlining issue.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM

31,534 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Amen. It's ALWAYS been about this. Anytime their is an increase in the non-white population it makes headlines.
Yes, it makes the headlines with the liberal, pro-multi-culterism, pro-massive immigration crowd that are licking their chops at the prospect of a white minority in this country. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:20 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How is that being done?

Anyway race/ethnicity is always the scapegoat to change the underlining issue.
Race IS part of the underlying issue...sorry to inform you.

If 12 million non English speaking Swedes were invading the border, this conversation would still exist, but the tone would be different.

But by the same token, if The Congo was our border neighbor instead of Mexico, that border fence would've been built a century ago and high enough that an airplane couldn't get over it...let alone a human.

I mean, lets keep it real and at least be truthful about where we stand. Geez.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,485,302 times
It is so sad that folk believe...have beed sold a myth... that they are the owners of country they barely know. How sad for these people to believe they are losing something they never had and never was thiers.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, it makes the headlines with the liberal, pro-multi-culterism, pro-massive immigration crowd that are licking their chops at the prospect of a white minority in this country. Thanks for pointing that out.
You're flattering yourself...no one is spending their precious hours thinking about the fate of white people. Please. It ain't that serious. Hate to burst that narcissist bubble you're in.

White majority, white minority...who gives a damn.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 PM

15,394 posts, read 8,686,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's so controversial about that? I've been saying that for years. Because it's true.
Hardly true. Refusing to reward criminal behavior, and knowing that in rewarding it, it will not only continue, but increase, is what is behind anti-amnesty.

I support 100% legal immigration, and hate amnesty because it is punishing those immigrants that are playing by the rules. And they are hardly "white", I'm thinking.

The truth is that the left supports criminal behavior. This issue makes that abundantly clear.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,276,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If an immigrant immigrates to this country in good faith he should assimilate him or herself to us. Its out of respect of the country.
So one should conform to "this country?" What does that even mean? And why should anyone conform to others "out of respect of the country?" That is just a slap in the face to personal freedom.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, I ain't MAD at white folks for feeling the way they do. Who was ever on top that didn't want to remain there? It's only natural to want the status quo when the status quo is beneficial.

Every other race would feel the same way...threatened. Whites have traditionally been able to ignore blacks, Asians, and other minorities, but now they're up against a group they CAN'T ignore.

To be real with you, I understand the fear at first glance, but if you look at it deeper, the fears are dumb. Senseless. Hispanics after a few generations will morph into regular old white people through intermarriage, upward mobility, social mobility, education, etc...unlike blacks (with some exceptions), they greatly admire white people even if they don't come right out and say it. Whiteness is prized in Latin America...it's something to aspire to.

So really, the fears are kinda silly, but whatever. I'm not in it...I'll just remain a neutral bystander in that argument.
How dare you. You're the first one to scream "racism" and abhor the fact that all people of color are lumped together. Yet here you are, doing just that, in a disgusting and false way.

Neutral bystander? You owe me a computer monitor. That laughable comment just made me spit my coffee everywhere.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It is not racist it is arrogant.
Who are you and the rest of the elitist wasps to judge what America's "national identity, demographics, culture and language" should be.
This is exactly how they think. They think they are more American than anyone else. They believe that they are the "real Americans". The rest of us are just messing up their country.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is exactly how they think. They think they are more American than anyone else. They believe that they are the "real Americans". The rest of us are just messing up their country.
We ARE more American than criminals that sneek into our country and have not gone through the process to become a US citizen. THEY ARE NOT AMERICANS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or