U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,316,250 times
Reputation: 7824

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Add another 15-20% from other hispanic countries. That equals majority.
I agree, I didn't say the majority wasn't Hispanic, I was just adding facts to your claim.

 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,494,641 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
We ARE more American than criminals that sneek into our country and have not gone through the process to become a US citizen. THEY ARE NOT AMERICANS.
So you are American...so what. I'm American. 7th generation American...And there are 3 more generations below me. I live 24 miles from where my Family raised cattle for generations.

This freaking land has been changing since they brought change. The nation will continue to change. No amount of fears and tears are going to change that fact.

Get over it and grow up.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
 
31,785 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8475
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Add another 15-20% from other hispanic countries. That equals majority.
Yes, and urbanlife and his fellow pro-illegal travelers continue to pull the race card at every turn.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:13 PM
 
31,785 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8475
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I personally don't believe it has anything to do with maintaining any form of "white supremacy" That's just a leftists "get out of jail free" card from putting fourth a legitimate argument.

It's pretty simple...people are against rewarding bad behavior. Many blacks, and hispanics, both liberal and conservatives who are citizens are against amnesty.

History shows, that it wouldn't matter if these people were stark white Polish, Albanians and other Eastern Europeans. As a matter of fact, even when this country was more openly bigoted than it is today--Eastern European immigration was heavily thwarted in the 1920s due to the "Red Scare"...and those people were primarily white.
You're correct it has nothing to do with race but preserving our American culture and language and not losing it via illegal immigration. I couldn't care less about race or skin color. But as you said with no justification for defending illegal immigration and amnesty what else do the pro-illegals have but the race card?
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
 
31,785 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
So you are American...so what. I'm American. 7th generation American...And there are 3 more generations below me. I live 24 miles from where my Family raised cattle for generations.

This freaking land has been changing since they brought change. The nation will continue to change. No amount of fears and tears are going to change that fact.

Get over it and grow up.
He was speaking of ILLEGAL immigration not natural change but you knew that didn't you? Get over it and grow up means what? Embracing ILLEGAL immigration?
 
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
15,282 posts, read 15,273,316 times
Reputation: 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Uhhhmmm.....NO!!!!


Uhhmmm......YES!!!! My previous post is proven correct by history.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
That the anti-immigration (both legal and illegal) movement is based on White supremacy?

That is no secret.
Uh; try again, please.

Yes; SOME "anglo whites" AND "Blacks" ARE "racist" against Hispanics, even Black and white ones. Tho MOST of us against illegal aliens DON'T care what color their skin is, we want ALL of them GONE from the US.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Ironic when someone of Hispanic descent says that.
What is that supposed to mean? I'm of "Irish" family but I'm an American 1st, NOT an Irishman. Too some Americans of "Mexican" and other Hispanic family are American 1st and don't have a strong attachment to LatAm. Sheesh!
 
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Can we cut the crap? I think we all know that the gripe with some white people is that they will no longer have the priveledge of walking into any social, political, or decision making environement and by default of skin color have more credibility and worth than all the other non-white folk in the room.
LOL. You just described LatAm right there.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So you would support an expansion in the number of Latinos and/or Mexicans that are allowed to LEGALLY immigrate to the United States, right?

If as you claim it is only an issue of illegality, you would have no reason to object to a change in law or policy that makes it legal.

If your statement is true, why do you and the other nativists object so strenuously to the proposed comprehensive immigration reform? If the proposed changes make it legal and your only concern deals with ILLEGAL immigration why would you have a problem with it?
NO reason to let more Mexicans into the US. It's time to let on other groups like Black Nigerians, Argentines, and more people from Europe IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top