U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:56 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're flattering yourself...no one is spending their precious hours thinking about the fate of white people. Please. It ain't that serious. Hate to burst that narcissist bubble you're in.

White majority, white minority...who gives a damn.
Why spend time typing in a thread you care nothing about?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
1.This massive illegal immigration is a recent phenomena.

2.Its distasteful for compare criminals to people who have respect for the law.

3. Prior legal immigrants came from different backgrounds but assimilated to the American way. When has any country in history assimilated to the immigrant?
1. No, it's not. You're engaging in semantics and word play. I seriously doubt you would find zero issue if the US dumped it's immigration laws and allows total freedom of movement in and out of the US just like Libertarians want it to be.

2. Pretty much the only thing I'll agree with you on here

3. Yes, they came from much different backgrounds than today. What's so different about today's Mexicans and yesterday's Germans, Italians, Russians, Swedes, Danes, and French? Back then, cultural differences were much more distinct than they are today. Today, almost all foreigners wear the same clothes, live identical lives, watch the same TV programs (even if they are in a different language) and even listen to the same music.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM

31,486 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How dare you. You're the first one to scream "racism" and abhor the fact that all people of color are lumped together. Yet here you are, doing just that, in a disgusting and false way.

Neutral bystander? You owe me a computer monitor. That laughable comment just made me spit my coffee everywhere.
Not only that but the person you are replying to fails to understand that this is about losing our country's identity and the changing demographics via ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. What part of that aren't these idiots getting??????? There is nothing natural nor lawful about that.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So if a Mexican starts eating cheese burgers and speaking American, you would be cool with them? Sounds like you are against individual freedom. What about Mexicans that come here legally and still choose to hold onto their Mexican culture instead of conforming to "American culture?"
The sticky question here is, what the hell is American culture? If it's eating McDonald's, apple pie, cheesesteaks, wearing t-shirts and jeans, driving pickup trucks, going to church, listening to rock or metal music, or going to a sport's game, getting into debt to buy junk you you don't need, guess what? All the Mexicans already do that! So, what "culture" are these people talking about, again?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So if a Mexican starts eating cheese burgers and speaking American, you would be cool with them? Sounds like you are against individual freedom. What about Mexicans that come here legally and still choose to hold onto their Mexican culture instead of conforming to "American culture?"
1.Why come to a country to start a separate country? Its no problem taking care of your personal business in private. Certain things are disrespectful in public.

2.There is a reason we are called the United States.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The sticky question here is, what the hell is American culture? If it's eating McDonald's, apple pie, cheesesteaks, wearing t-shirts and jeans, driving pickup trucks, going to church, listening to rock or metal music, or going to a sport's game, getting into debt to buy junk you you don't need, guess what? All the Mexicans already do that! So, what "culture" are these people talking about, again?
You've been told you countless times but you just want to remain ignorant on the subject.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,084,981 times
Quote:
On rare occasion, one of the nativists will let the truth slip out. They are concerned that the "white majority demographics" as one poster put it is in danger of not being maintained.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 PM

31,486 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
1.Why come to a country to start a separate country? Its no problem taking care of your personal business in private. Certain things are disrespectful in public.

Exactly! Why come here if you don't want to become a part of our society....speak English in public, etc.? I don't give a damn what culture or language one wants to practice at home.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
1. No, it's not. You're engaging in semantics and word play. I seriously doubt you would find zero issue if the US dumped it's immigration laws and allows total freedom of movement in and out of the US just like Libertarians want it to be.
It is a recent phenomena.

Quote:
3. Yes, they came from much different backgrounds than today. What's so different about today's Mexicans and yesterday's Germans, Italians, Russians, Swedes, Danes, and French? Back then, cultural differences were much more distinct than they are today. Today, almost all foreigners wear the same clothes, live identical lives, watch the same TV programs (even if they are in a different language) and even listen to the same music
Most are unlawfully here. Most steal/lie/cheat from other honest Americans & many are disrespectful.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
You've been told you countless times but you just want to remain ignorant on the subject.
What I've been told is nothing. Just more beating around the bush because you can't define what American culture is. I live my life pretty much the same way the other 200+ million Americans do. There is absolutely nothing I'm doing that can be classified as distinctly American compared to British and European society, except maybe the TV programs. Tell me, what activities do you habitually partake in that is distinctly American, that you can't find anywhere else in the world?

Quote:

1. No one is starting a separate country. We keep telling you fearmongers that La Raza doesn't represent the interests of 11+ million Mexicans living here.

2. Yes, and it has nothing to do with the inhabitants, I can guarantee you that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or