U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
It is flatly INSANE for anyone to be 'pro-illegal immigration'. To be in favor of this crime...to aid and abet this crime is a FELONY...Anyone who knowingly helps hires or aids someone to come or stay in this country illegally is committing a FELONY....
I could not agree more, Coffee Mate!

Unfortunately, we have too many spineless leaders in Washington, as well as many State Capitals and Law Enforcement Agencies, who refuse to understand and/or accept your extremely logical point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, Coffee Mate!

Unfortunately, we have too many spineless leaders in Washington, as well as many State Capitals and Law Enforcement Agencies, who refuse to understand and/or accept your extremely logical point!
so lock up all the business owners who hire illegals. that will surely solve the problem.

cant wait to see even more overcrowded jails and less necessary businesses. no more farms, no more fast food, no more construction...

Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so lock up all the business owners who hire illegals. that will surely solve the problem.

cant wait to see even more overcrowded jails and less necessary businesses. no more farms, no more fast food, no more construction...
You forgot, NO MORE ILLEGALS...

Do you think some company like home depot would close if the CEO was in jail ? And we don't fast food anyway, most of it is bad for you...maybe the good neighborhood cafes would come back....oh they had good home like cooked meals....farms have been around for hundreds of years and I'm sure they would still be around without illegals....construction by Americans is no problem, just go anywhere the aren't illegals and you will see construction still going on.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
the solution is simple: limit immigrant licenses to C class. this latest talking point fails miserably.
No sir, I really don't think it does. If illegals get the right to get a driver's license, with many of them working in argiculture where all products harvested are transported by TRUCK, then I would think it's extremely likely that they would be allowed a class A or B. If it's preposed that they're limited to a class C, it will be labeled discrimination, and if the government is going to be ridiculous enough to give them driver's licenses in the first place, I find them limiting them to a class C to be EXTREMELY unlikely.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You forgot, NO MORE ILLEGALS...
ummm, that was sort of the basis. meaning it's implicit...

Quote:
Do you think some company like home depot would close if the CEO was in jail ?
what does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
And we don't fast food anyway, most of it is bad for you...
thats great, but people still eat it. thats why the chains are so popular and successful.. and they would be adversely affected.

Quote:
maybe the good neighborhood cafes would come back....oh they had good home like cooked meals....
why havent they come back already? people obviously like fast food.

Quote:
farms have been around for hundreds of years and I'm sure they would still be around without illegals....
wow. you should educate yourself on the state of farms in america. they already require subsidies.. and they pay their workers below minimum wage. how are they going to survive without illegal immigrants and their cheap labor?

Quote:
construction by Americans is no problem, just go anywhere the aren't illegals and you will see construction still going on.

americans demand high wages. it affects development. and although i do think that our construction practices are expediated, at the expense of quality, we will still have some adverse effects undoubtedly.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
No sir, I really don't think it does. If illegals get the right to get a driver's license, with many of them working in argiculture where all products harvested are transported by TRUCK, then I would think it's extremely likely that they would be allowed a class A or B.
not if theyre not allowed to get one.

Quote:
If it's preposed that they're limited to a class C, it will be labeled discrimination,
oh well. why would they need a class A or B if it's purely work-related?

Quote:
and if the government is going to be ridiculous enough to give them driver's licenses in the first place, I find them limiting them to a class C to be EXTREMELY unlikely.

oh well. they should do it anyway. its still the solution.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
construction by Americans is no problem, just go anywhere the aren't illegals and you will see construction still going on.
Here in California there are a lot of new housing developments. I see everything but Whites

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
oh well. why would they need a class A or B if it's purely work-related?
If they're operating a class 8 truck, they will need to have a class A license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST
oh well. they should do it anyway. its still the solution.
I couldn't DISAGREE more. I think the idea is sickening.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Here in California there are a lot of new housing developments. I see everything but Whites
He said go somewhere where there AREN'T illegals, California is the last place on earth for that.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
If they're operating a class 8 truck, they will need to have a class A license.
yes. i know. which is why if you deny them A or B licenses, they will be unable to take trucking jobs.

Quote:
I couldn't DISAGREE more. I think the idea is sickening.
explain what is so sickening about restricting illegal immigrants to C licenses, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration