U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:05 PM

32,127 posts, read 14,846,673 times

Advertisements

Illegals will be pardoned/forgiven for any crimes they commit. Therefore it is amnesty.

From Dictionary. com

amĚnesĚty

/ˈŠmsti/ Show Spelled [am-nuh-stee] Show IPA noun, plural amĚnesĚties, verb, amĚnesĚtied, amĚnesĚtyĚing.
noun 1. a general pardon for offenses, especially political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.

2. Law. an act of forgiveness for past offenses, especially to a class of persons as a whole.

3. a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense.

verb (used with object) 4. to grant amnesty to; pardon.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,043,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So Reagan passing Amnesty was the Democrats fault??

Proof that Republicans dont give a crap about integrity or personal responsibility.

Supporting amnesty = racism and treason!!!

What about Reagan? well uh, duh, that was different, he was a White Republican.
What are you talking about? Reagan made a mistake. He admitted it.
It was a mistake. Shouldn't we learn from our mistakes?

Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,043,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, Reagan made a mistake no one is saying otherwise but how does that justify making the same mistake again especially when there are at least quadruple the number of illegals today with 23 million Americans out of work? Pro-illegals will use anyone and anything to justify their stance today on this issue.
Of course it makes no sense unless you can't care less about the country and its citizens.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yes, and it was the Ted Kennedy and the Democrats that promised border security with that amnesty and it never happened so both parties are guilty.

White Republicans? I wonder why the constant reference to race by that poster?

Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 PM

2,559 posts, read 1,803,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
When did Reagen admit it was a mistake? I remember several years ago I went to hear the late Jack Kemp speak who considered Reagan his mentor and claimed if Reagan were alive today he would of supported the McCain/Kennedy bill. Kemp also accused guys like Lou Dobbs and Tom Tancredo to be isolationists.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:58 PM

"Reagan, by the way, was reluctant to sign the 1987 Amnesty. He was persuaded by more liberal Republicans that it was a trade for the stronger border security and workplace enforcement necessary to shut down most illegal immigration. But these promises were broken, and illegal immigration raged out of control thereafter. Asked what was the biggest mistake in his presidency, Reagan told his close friend and Attorney General, Ed Meese, that it was signing the 1987 Amnesty".

Amnesty

Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM

6,335 posts, read 4,291,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
When did Reagen admit it was a mistake? I remember several years ago I went to hear the late Jack Kemp speak who considered Reagan his mentor and claimed if Reagan were alive today he would of supported the McCain/Kennedy bill. Kemp also accused guys like Lou Dobbs and Tom Tancredo to be isolationists.
Reagan never admitted it was a mistake. He did dozens of interviews and gave dozens of quotes.

He even wrote an autobiography, did he mention this in his autobiography??

I'd like to see a link of one of his quotes saying it was a mistake.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,990,983 times
Quote:
When you say they, do you mean Ronald Reagan, who passed amnesty??
Perhaps by they it is meant anyone who supports a very bad bill.
As for Reagan. It has been acknowledged that Reagan made a huge mistake. It has also been acknowledged thatCongress didn't keep their end of the bargain. That is one of the reasons this is a bad bill. It depends upon bills not yet passed, but worse still it has no trigger that needs to be satisfied before a legal path is allowed. In other words if enforcement isn't done and the flood continues, illegals will still be rewarded. In other words we will be wasting billions of tax dollars yet again.
As to why people support.
Great marketing by Obama parading only the elite of illegals to be paraded on stage. The pro-side marketing it as a harmless crime.
Elected reps marketing it as to difficult to enforce current laws.
And of course as long as it isn't me that is hurt then no problem.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 PM

3,871 posts, read 3,189,336 times
Quote:
Does that rule apply to Republicans like Ronald Reagan who passed amnesty

Let me guess, White Republicans are exempt from your generalizations.
What a PATHETIC attempt at race baiting.

It's 2013 and you have to go back several decades to try and FAIL to make a point.

Really SAD LOL !!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,213,501 times
Quote:
Does that rule apply to Republicans like Ronald Reagan who passed amnesty

Let me guess, White Republicans are exempt from your generalizations.
Stay on topic. This thread is nothing to with Reagan. I know it's hard when you don't have anything to stand on but focus and try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or